Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

Postby amdor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Last night I had it again:
I am in in bed, in the small house I grew up. There's a wind storm, accompanied with thunder and I could see the acacia trees in our yard barely holding onto their roots. I was scared that our house won't hold, as the wind was very strong (this was actually my grandma's concern every time there was a storm, when she was alive). In this dream my grandma's always alive and sleeping, if that matters.
I couldn't determine the direction of the wind - it was either west or east, but in the dream I was imagining the storm being a smerch/tornado, going in circle, moving from east to west.

Usually when I have this dream, I have the feeling that all my family members are there and are all asleep, but I don't always see them. Sometimes I feel the urge to wake them and warn them of the dangerous storm, whether it's thunderstorm, wind, earthquake or flooding. I dream this scenario 2-3 times a year and I'm usually very scared in it, because when I was little, I was very afraid of thunders, which probably influences the feeling.
amdor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors