Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream Language

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream Language

Postby Rurouni » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:10 am

Hello folks,

lately I've been wondering if there's something like a "universal dream symbolism"? I've always perceived dream symbols as something personal and individual, though there may be common traits based on the cultural background.
Recently I learned that in regression the subconscious is often very literal in its description and manifestation of the underlying problem. Since dream state is a subconscious state, could I expect a similar literal symbolism in the dream imagery? If I remember correctly, superman1 had such a way of interpreting dreams. In that case, the subconscious would use the dreamers understanding and use of symbolic language. This would make dream symbolism an individual thing which is influenced by the dreamer's cultural background.

I have very rarely be able to really understand my dreams. Most of the time they're fuzzy, and possible meanings from a dictionary or suggestions from users in the forum often do not resonate with me at all. I've been wondering if I'd just have to look at it from a different angle and make it less "complicated".

How do you feel about it? Do you always get to understand your dream message? Have you experienced a case where "your" dream symbol was way different from the books?

warm wishes
Rurouni
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Dream Language

Postby Gus Who » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Not so “Universal” as ... unwritten universal... a “slang” Shot off language
... Important notice coming - (inside info dealing with Mabus Death) ... and the aftermath that effects the entire world... stay looney Tune inn (read an article today of a Gov plan...)
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Varzandeh » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 am

Dream language interpretation is an ancient science of allusions and pointing of the surrounded environment, as Mr. Einstein has said the events are like train stations which exist and we are moving towards them, these are prewritten destiny with some authority ( in decision making seconds) in very full details. This dream language should be translated, and interesting to know it is international and common for all human beings. But ignorance causes some misunderstanings.People were not aware of this language and always thought in a bad way , for example Mr. Freud said about sexual dreams it is because you have suppressed your sexual desires so misled everybody and some women dreamt about having sex with co-workers or another and thought they should do that, while it only meant he will do something for her, or some others dreamt had sex with the same sex and invented homosexual, while it meant the same ,Also some men dreamt his wife had sex with a man and didn't understand or a woman dreamt her partner had sex with a woman and didn't' understand ...etc.Do you see what catastrophes are caused by misunderstanding a language. About the approximate interpretation time table: Dreams at noon or exactly at midnight( In the summer time 13 at noon and 1 midnight else at 12)in the same day if past a few minutes, a few days later. Dreams at 10-11 in the morning in 15-30 days later. Also dreams at 3-4 in the evening in 1-2 months .Dreams in the sunset mostly are not truthful and are messed, they have no interpretations, Dreams at 4-5 in the morning in a few days to 2 months some dreams in the holy books( Josef dream of kneeling the sun and the moon and 11 stars)was interpreted after 20 years and other dreams of the Pharaoh's prisoners interpreted in the same day and after 7 years. Dream of Pharaoh about the 7 thin cows and 7 fat cows interpreted from the next year to 14 years. Also dreams in 6th of the month will interpret after 1-2 days, in 9th at the same day, in 10th after 20 days, in 13th after 9 days in 14th after 26 days and in 15th after 3 days, in 16th after 2 days and in 28th ,29th ,30th in the same day, but these are solar (Persian months and you should refer to a calendar or convert them) . Of course there are different kinds of dreams , like messy dreams which have no interpretations or deja vu dreams, or psychological dreams or dreams which are caused by bad food or drinks.

Bibliography:
1- Principles of the dreams, by Daniel the prophet (562-604 B.C) Peace be on him.
2-Divisions of the dreams, by Imam Sadeq peace be on him ( 663-728 A.C).
3- Generals of the dreams, by Mohammad ibn Syrin ( 690 A.C).
4- Guides in the dreams , by Jaber ibn Hay'an( Father of the new chemistry)
5- Interpretations, by Ibn Ash'as ( 840 A.C).
6- Complete interpretations, by Habish Teflisi ( 1180 A.C).
7- Treasures of the dreams( Al Ma'moni) by Abd al Salam ( 963 A.C).
I translated these books and put in the dreamsfact.com . there are 1100 items and each item contains around 5 to 30 scenarios.

I want to tell you a reason to know that 5-7 senses can't understand anything except by the soul,
Our soul flies out like the sun that is in its place and its light reaches everywhere.
Have you dreamt you were eating and drinking and had pleasure of that. He said “yes”. I said: “have you dreamt laughing and crying, and strolling in the cities that haven't seen yet but you know the specialties”. He said: “yes, dreamt very much”. I asked: “Have you ever dreamt about your dead brother or father and know them like they are alive?”
He said: “yes, too many times”. I asked: “tell me which sense has received such things to see the dead and talking to them or crying and laughing?” He said: “I can’t say which one because the body is asleep like a dead.” I asked: “tell me when you wake up, don’t you remember and report to the friends exactly?” He said: “yes, and sometimes I see that before night in real life.” I asked: “which sense keeps it to remember the dream after waking.” He said: “there is no way for sense”. I said: “then you should know because senses are vain here that is the soul that God has put wisdom in it and it is a reason.” He said: “what I dream is like mirage one thinks it is water but when arrive at there is nothing.” I asked: “how do you say it is like mirage and you ate sweets and pickles and were happy and sad”. He said: “because what I dream when I arrive at it is nothing.” I asked: “Have you ever had sex in the dream and your heart beats? Have you ever had wet dream about a woman or man? You know him or don’t know?” He said: “many times!” I asked: “had you orgasm and when you woke up you were wet then this is not mirage?”
He said: “dreaming orgasm is just like the real life” .I said: “this is my reason that soul knows everything although senses are dead and can’t see or hear. Of course you shouldn’t deny that soul in addition of the senses, do the knowledge recognition in the waking life after vanishing the senses has sex with them. It recognizes the things after going senses and now you understand that the soul itself is guiding the senses and is their governor. None of the senses can do anything without soul if the soul goes ahead, body can’t get back and if soul gets back the body won’t go ahead. With the soul the happiness comes and with it the ache is received. If a sense is damaged the soul is remained but if the soul is damaged senses cannot work properly.” And all of our knowledge and memories are put on our soul not the brain, and will be saved for ever.When soul is proven and eternity of the soul is proven many basic matters will be proven like heavens and hell...

The advantages of the dreams:

1- Dreaming is a way to discover the benefits and harms of the things and understanding the true and false of the affairs that human needs and there is no other way to know them.
This is a big advantage for the dreams to know the small duties and to discover the life trials that will be achieved from God without any interference.
2- Dreaming is a way to recognize our own situation by God to know if we are prosperous or unblessed. If God satisfied with us or is angry? It is a way to believe that any good or evil deed has a reward or a torture. A dream is a good news or a warning from God very more effective than a preach or a lecture.
3- Dreaming is a way to be aware of the deceased people’s situation in the afterlife that their news is cut and there is no sign from them. It can be to compensate their lost prayers and to compensate their evil deeds. There are many storied about the dead people who have reported their tortures and pains in the afterlife.
4- Dreaming is a way to understand about the after life and its rewards also about heavens and the hell because some of them are seen in the dreams and is said: This is for the deeds which you assumed nothing bad. If you look in the holy books you’ll find it is said at that time like that.
5- Dreaming is a way to believe and to put aside the unbelieveness about the blessings or torture in the grave that can’t be seen in the apparent dead body.It is like when one dreams a happy dream and enjoys it or dreams about snakes and is afraid and so on.
6- Dreaming is a way to understand the vast and wide world of the grave that has everything like this world but more pure and more truthful than here.There is everything like eatable food and drinks, sex and gardens, also hardships and hurts.
7- Dreaming is a conscious way to believe the religions about remaining the souls after destroying the bodies because many people dream about their fathers and sons or other deceased people who say that “ I have put you some money or asks t pay his debts”that when the dreamer awakes and inspects he understands that the dead person was right.
8- Dreaming is a way to psychology to understand that the soul and spirit are separated and independent from the body .To see another body except the physical body.
9- Dreaming is a miracle ,there is a big knowledge in it .Many important and difficult philosophical matters will be solved by them without any dispute or discussion, by them the man’s heart accepts and joins the believers.
Dreaming is a way to prove that prophets and their successors knew the peoples destiny and their hidden deeds.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby murph » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:22 am

Symbols can have both a universal and personnel meaning.. generally the personnel meaning takes priority for the dreamer.. I.e. a dog can represent loyalty friendship etc.. however if you have been bitten by a dog it can represent fear and aggression to you. In this case the dog represents fear. In the case of another symbol that has no personal meaning then use it's universal or cultural meaning. hope this helps
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion