Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Hi, I'm Catholic

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

Hi, I'm Catholic

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 am

Hey everyone! I'm a practicing Catholic and I'm opening this up for questions. I ask that you not be rude, but understand that I am NOT trying to convert you. I just know that there are a lot of misunderstandings about my faith, and I wanted to see if I could clear some up for you. Ask below and I will answer! Please be advised, though, that I am not a priest or a high ranking Church official, so I may not be able to answer everything perfectly. Thanks guys! :D
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Hi, I'm Catholic

Postby Dorn » Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 am

Hi, there. I am a Protestant myself.

I'll go straight to the most controversial topic. Where do the Jews fit in with contemporary Catholicism, especially concerning their tribal attachment to the Old Covenant and refusal to join the New?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi :wave:
... well, I fall into a ‘non-practicing’ Catholic ... as I was raised in the Catholic Faith, but fell out of alinement with the brass, as I went through a Divorce... After having a “Vision”...
Though I consider myself a True Catholic ... meaning( as same situation applies to America, though I’d like to take a native Indian stake, and be able to pitch my TP as a white guy) :toothless:

SOW... as a reasonable guy... took to the cave (went underground).. :creeping: and live as Gus Who.

As Wii both should know, many Catholic people left for different reasons... and though many people like this New Pope over the one that’s living in the Garden as a Pope... well... first thing-

The question is ...“Why?” ...
Why you? ... Why now? ... as you hold no title - per se - or a low ranking title?

So Why should “Jesus” want you/or the “Catholics” as his bride? As I’m in the same market... and how much?, as I have more than enough batty cents to buy ( :neer: reasonable speaking) the House. Does the Catholic Church have such sense? Can the Catholic form or join a true Justice League... as I Wonder Woman?

Sent from: The Bat Phone
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Mon May 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Dorn wrote:Hi, there. I am a Protestant myself.

I'll go straight to the most controversial topic. Where do the Jews fit in with contemporary Catholicism, especially concerning their tribal attachment to the Old Covenant and refusal to join the New?

I'm glad you asked. There is a clear understanding (at least I think there is) the Jesus was raised Jewish. Although there is a dark side to Catholicism (i.e. Anti-Popes and the Spanish Inquisition), a few hundred years of education and a little bit of reform has proven helpful. Every religion, of course, has the good guys and bad guys. I noticed that your profile picture is, or at least is similar to, a photo of young Joseph Stalin (I'm very interested in that part of history). A little known fact is that he was going to be a priest, but was kicked out because he did not attend classes like he was supposed to. I think its safe to say that he is not history's most loved icon.

As far as the major "split" between Catholicism and the Jewish faith, it does indeed fall at the end of the Old Testament of the Bible. The Catholic faith, as we believe, began when Jesus gave Peter the Keys to Heaven and Earth. Peter began the Catholic church. There are still many Jewish traditions that are important to the Catholic calendar. For example, Easter cannot be celebrated until after Passover. There are still many similarities between the two, including the tradition of fasting and reflection during different celebrations. And we both believe in God. I personally have no quarrels with those of the Jewish faith. I may or may not be "more contemporary" than some of my other Catholic brothers and sisters, but i believe that all religions are true. This is mainly because I believe in a God that loves all of the people he made, no matter how they celebrate their God.

I hope that answered your question :) If it didn't, I can clarify.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Batman wrote:Hi :wave:
... well, I fall into a ‘non-practicing’ Catholic ... as I was raised in the Catholic Faith, but fell out of alinement with the brass, as I went through a Divorce... After having a “Vision”...
Though I consider myself a True Catholic ... meaning( as same situation applies to America, though I’d like to take a native Indian stake, and be able to pitch my TP as a white guy) :toothless:

SOW... as a reasonable guy... took to the cave (went underground).. :creeping: and live as Gus Who.

As Wii both should know, many Catholic people left for different reasons... and though many people like this New Pope over the one that’s living in the Garden as a Pope... well... first thing-

The question is ...“Why?” ...
Why you? ... Why now? ... as you hold no title - per se - or a low ranking title?

So Why should “Jesus” want you/or the “Catholics” as his bride? As I’m in the same market... and how much?, as I have more than enough batty cents to buy ( :neer: reasonable speaking) the House. Does the Catholic Church have such sense? Can the Catholic form or join a true Justice League... as I Wonder Woman?

Sent from: The Bat Phone

I don't know that I am completely clear on what you are asking, but I will try my best to answer.
I know some people who left the Church because they did not feel that the Church was able to change with the times. Religious beliefs are not easy to change just because the world around them does. In fact, I feel as though that is part of the point of religion, aside from the fact I believe in it with my whole heart. Pope Francis is making a revolution within the Church, which is helping to bring young people back to it. I know that it is strange for someone with no real reason to offer to explain certain things about the Church, but I feel as though I can help clear up some confusion. I am by no means trying to convert anyone, I don't think that that is my purpose. Rather, I want to bring about mutual respect for all religions. I believe that Jesus wants all believers as his "bride." Not so much as a specific relationship, but just as a general, metaphorical way. He want to be the most important thing in our lives, just as a bride is most important to his groom and vice versa. I hope that helped!
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Batman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Let me be more specific... as many are called (by the Holy Ghost) as a calling ... like I have testified (under oath) to being prophetic dreamer.. (as too earthquakes in Oklahoma area .. Federal case)

or as I also could state.. (same Federal Case) that I sues the U.S. gov. under ‘RICO act’ (as I believe most Americans put Trump in office, as they want an honest government)... as in cahoots with big oil companies... and I would be a considered a non practicing American./ off the grid) ... and I was raised to play ball... (team player jock type.. played soccer)

... if you get my drift / :neer: batty

Do you get the Question WHY?

Do you feel like you have too... and yes I like Pope Francis, but like President Obama... tied to a system that ... you get the picture
:idea:
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Dorn » Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 am

Kelly_With_Art wrote:I hope that answered your question :)
Absolutely. It was a very coherent answer. But I do have an unrelated question.

What is your conception of heaven and hell? And, as a followup, which passages of the Bible support this conception?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 am

What is unforgivable in the eyes of God. Anything you cannot repent and be forgiven for?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Batman » Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 am

dreamyskies wrote:What is unforgivable in the eyes of God. Anything you cannot repent and be forgiven for?
That's an easy one... being a die-hard atheist if they don't repent.

.01¢ + .01¢ = :2cents: (my :neer: batty Catholic)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Gus Who » Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 am

Oh... I like to make a correction, as I read an article on Red Letter Christian, and anti-Trump... as I was against the way things were run back then, and even now, so I fall more into that movement ... but call my batty movement “Read C as someone can see this End Time coming... and is taking the ‘Read i flight’ to Writ

So the question would bee - R Catholic these days “read inn” to the time?
... Important notice coming - (inside info dealing with Mabus Death) ... and the aftermath that effects the entire world... stay looney Tune inn by PM me as Thy website is cited all dummies to enter ...
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:25 pm

dreamyskies wrote:What is unforgivable in the eyes of God. Anything you cannot repent and be forgiven for?

While some would believe that being an atheist would do it, I personally don't believe that that would be the worst "sin" that one could commit. The Ten Commandments order us strictly and simply "Thou Shall Not Kill." The Roman Catholic Religion believes that suicide by any means other than to save the life of someone else is the biggest and worst sin. This is mainly because the last thing you do in your life is a take a life. There is no time to repent or ask forgiveness once the deed is done. However, God has it, in his infinite capacity, to forgive any and all sins. I personally believe that people who suffer from mental illnesses such as depression are first in line for a special kind of forgiveness that God has "tucked away." It is true that there is no time to ask forgiveness, but I do believe in Purgatory, a sort of in-between, where someone who has been a good person morally but may have taken their own life an go to ask for that forgiveness. I believe that as long as a person is truly sorry for hat they have done, God will forgive them.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Batman wrote:Let me be more specific... as many are called (by the Holy Ghost) as a calling ... like I have testified (under oath) to being prophetic dreamer.. (as too earthquakes in Oklahoma area .. Federal case)

or as I also could state.. (same Federal Case) that I sues the U.S. gov. under ‘RICO act’ (as I believe most Americans put Trump in office, as they want an honest government)... as in cahoots with big oil companies... and I would be a considered a non practicing American./ off the grid) ... and I was raised to play ball... (team player jock type.. played soccer)

... if you get my drift / :neer: batty

Do you get the Question WHY?

Do you feel like you have too... and yes I like Pope Francis, but like President Obama... tied to a system that ... you get the picture
:idea:

I do feel as though I have been called to clear up some misconceptions, yes. We are raised, as you know, in the Catholic faith to help get other people to heaven. Some, if not most Catholics, believe that this calls them to convert as many people as possible to the Faith. This is not my goal. I just want people to understand and respect all religions and forms of life. I figured that if I started here, maybe I could work up the courage to evangelize a bit with this goal in mind. So in a way, yes, I do feel that I have to. But that's what it is, a feeling. Like it was God that said "This is your job for now." Nobody really said "go do this." But I feel God calling me to be more of a voice of reason in these troubled and hasty times.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Batman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Well... as someone who ‘gets it’, that is called, receiving of the ‘Holy Ghost’ .. . (Though this Spirit is ... this Ghost talk... mystic)

Though as a ‘prophetic dreamer’... I can tell you that many ‘Catholic’s’ are behind the times. (As the ‘End Time’ is Heere)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby manda3d » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:31 am

Today's date is 11/11
─ Posts: 3666 posts, 3666 = 3000 + 666 = 3000 + EndTime
There is no cheating, go to his "Search user’s posts" in his Profile, his last posts are on Oct 24, 2018 (PST) and Nov 10, 2018 (PST).
─ Joined: The Join Date is 1/1/2011

Song: "Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball"
My other thread: http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=161334&p=765013#p764016
manda3d in other thread wrote:Area of ▲: 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 35 + 36 = 666, where 36 is Three Six.
I explained before that 666 = II (Base 36)
I explained before that 18 → I

II
On Sep 11, 2001: The Twin Towers fell in USA.
     Sep 11, 2000 + I
     Sep 11, 2000 + 18 (because I → 18)
     Sep 11, 2018 (It was an End of Time in my Thread Part 2)

I wish that it's a real End of Time, I want to die and I wish that the Angels transfer my soul to a beautiful young boy in USA.
Faith can move mountains
manda3d
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Batman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 pm

@ 11/11/18 - as inn silicon Valley - atmosphere - very poor conditions - ‘ Paradise lost ‘ (as many people could not Xscape ... WH blamed poor forestry (tweet) as this marks ‘Truce’ to WW1 ( spiritually speaking - Cal was not the place to be...)

... as I told enough about 666, as it identifies person (marked) as God destined this (soul) to symbolize the anti-Christ ... as in the future ‘event’ that pits the ‘future’ - as it plays out live stream- on TV / Internet world wide...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby manda3d » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:02 am

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+13&version=NIV
Revelation 13-11 wrote:11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.
Dragon Fire on Miley's house in Malibu, California on 11/11/18

Revelation 13-18 wrote:18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.
666 = II (Base 36)
666 = 18 * 36 + 18 = 18 * 36^1 + 18 * 36^0 = II (Base 36) because 0 → 0, 1 → 1, ..., 9 → 9, 10 → A, 11 → B, ..., 17 → H, 18 → I
In base 36, the digits are: 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, these are exactly 36 because 10 + 26 = 36

I'm sorry to derail the thread, but the thread ended a long time ago.
Faith can move mountains
manda3d
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Batman » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 pm

First - This tread did not end, and you are looking foolish to everyone including hurting your chances with any “love” of your life. SO... ask Kelly

... as I am wise enough to know the “meaning” of ‘the mark of the beast’ as it goes to this ‘End Time Period’ - but let’s ask Kelly if the Catholic Church knows what the mark of the beast is referring too? (As such knowledge should be kept in thy Kingdumb! As dummies are always welcome to learn such :2cents: ) ... as the code 666 is to a person that was predestined to be the anti-Christ (as all religions and believers have to become knowledgeable... as a new era comes of such 3 vs 666) in such code terms.

Malibu should not be in the same class or receive ‘aid’ as the Paradise area ... as Miley would not want your support if you started a go-fund-me-page for her, because of her Malibu House... so let’s stop bringing her up on other people’s treads!
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Return to Spirituality And Religious Beliefs