Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strange Stangers

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Strange Stangers

Postby riamy444 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:18 am

Hello, I don’t know where to post this but I’m trying here.

I have not been able to remember my dreams for a while; however, I woke up this morning remembering a pretty odd dream. (I actually remembered a lot of dreams from that night, but this one is the most disturbing).

I was at home, family home, the one I actually live in. There were some men in the living-room, sitting on the sofas and calling out for a spirit to show up. It was something like a session, a psychic thing. The spokesman (who appeared to be my parents’ friend in real life) asked to “Michael” to show up. Apparently, the spirit was called Michael.
I eavesdropped a bit more to hear that the spirit was apparently “living” in my bedroom.

I went back to my room (which is the closest room the living-room) to hear more about what the man was saying. Suddenly, someone got inside my room from the window. A man, a young man — around 18, maybe — climbed the windowsill. He had thick black hair and clear blue eyes. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a grey hoodie jacket. He did not speak and neither did I. No one us were sacred, but I somehow knew that it was the so-called Michael.

I walked towards him, I saw my reflection in the window, and then — nothing.
I woke up feeling terribly weird, shaken up. It was very disturbing.

After a few search of the internet, I came up with the theory that it might have been linked to Micheal, the archangel.

Anyone here can help me out?

Thanks a lot!
riamy444
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strange Stangers

Postby Athanor » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:45 am

Although in order to provide a more accurate interpretation it would usually be best to have some additional general background information about you (and a description of events just before the dream), from a psychological point of view it looks like the spirit Michael is a part of your psyche about which you’re currently mostly unaware (as symbolized by its “living in another world” type of thing from where it has to be “summoned”).

Just to start out by also mentioning that there are generally no fixed interpretations for a given image in a dream and it’s always best to have the spontaneous memories, thoughts and feelings of the dreamer as related to each image and event. Also, it’s important to say that the language of dreams is one based on analogies and metaphors which can often be very complex and therefore can be hard to understand.

In addition, dreams are the broad equivalent to those processes which keep our physical bodies in an equilibrium. For example, automatic adjustments are continually made to keep a person’s temperature, blood sugar level, water content etc. etc. at appropriate levels. In an equivalent way, dreams try to maintain an overall psychological balance which will allow for the gradual all-round self-development of the dreamer.

Also, looking at the stories, myths and art etc. about a given image as created by people over thousands of years (e.g. about St Michael) can be very helpful in providing useful parallels which can clarify its meaning in a modern dream.

Your dream takes place in the family home. Basically speaking, the analogy related to a house in dreams is that the latter is “shelter” against the elements and other threats on a physical and psychological level. So overall, a house symbolizes a kind of complete system of adaptation to everyday life with each area and room of the dwelling representing various aspects of the personality. For instance, an upper area like the attic can represent mostly thoughts while the basement symbolizes areas of the personality that tend to be unconscious to varying amounts.

In your dream, some startling action takes place in the bedroom, i.e. a place where you’re mostly “asleep” and therefore “unaware” of what “Michael” is.

Your father’s friend and the other men who are in the living room could represent various influences that were present during your upbringing. On analogy, and assuming that you’re a girl, the fact that they didn’t involve you in the “séance” even though the spirit Michael apparently lives in your bedroom could mean that some so-called “masculine” aspects of yourself might be mostly unconscious and kind of “do things on their own” without your seeing this.

For example, these parts of yourself would involve such things as “mind”, thinking and the intellect, being focused and assertive, being target-orientated, having opinions, having the ability for personal reflection as opposed to tending to automatically accept the beliefs and attitudes of others etc. etc.

In this way of looking at your dream, these attributes tend to “come and go” as partly shown in how the men clumsily cause the spirit Michael to appear in a threatening way although you don’t feel frightened in the dream. A window often symbolizes being able to see something new. In this case, some kind of different way of looking at things “breaks in” as opposed to being introduced in an orderly way. It’s possible that recently you made a decision or took some kind of action etc. that might have been based on a fixed opinion, for example, that doesn’t mesh adequately with your actual individual personality. If so, the dream might be showing that a seemingly “attractive” idea, thought or project etc. was actually “conjured up” by various unknown influences from your past. Therefore, it could potentially not be a good one in the long term for your overall personal development.

However, the image of you seeing yourself reflected in the window through which Michael apparently entered does seem to emphasize that Michael potentially is an important part of yourself although you were very frightened after you woke up.

Focusing your attention on Michael as he appears in the dream and then thinking over every spontaneous memory, thought and feeling that comes to mind can help to decide what his image means for you personally. In addition, you might have forgotten hearing about the Archangel Michael in the past, so looking at how people over the ages have thought about him might add some understanding about why a “Michael” appeared in your dream.

For example, the Archangel Michael was first seen as being a healing angel, and then over time as a protector and the leader of the army of God against the forces of evil. From a psychological point of view, this symbolizes an inner psychic figure that is just as powerful and important to you as the strong feelings that can be stirred up by reading old stories and looking at paintings with him as their subject. In a practical way, this inner male figure is a kind of bridge to the unconscious where creative thoughts and intuitions can appear which potentially tend to aid overall self-development and meaning over time. Again assuming you’re a female, this psychological figure can help to make endeavours that are not related to personal relationships per se more successful.

The potentially negative side of this inner figure is implied by the “burglar-like” way he “breaks into” the house. This symbolizes what happens if the ego is not consciously relating enough in a practical way with this inner figure. For example, as analyst Jane Wheelwright writes in “Death of a Woman”, a woman can become “opinionated, argumentative, rigid, controlling and excessively critical of herself or others”.

To learn more about this inner figure and dreams, you might like “Man and his Symbols” edited by Carl Jung, and “Inner Work” by Robert Johnson.

Anyway as mentioned, without knowing anything much about you, this way of looking at your dream might not fit your personal circumstances very well, but I hope that these ideas can be helpful in some way.

Please feel free to comment on, or to ask any questions about this particular way of looking at your dream.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:34 pm

A spirit is a symbol for a dear one.Whom you will meet in a few days to a few weeks.
Your reflection means a rival whom will cause you separation from your partner.
If you are sure that he was the Arch angel Michael, It means differently , it means:

Michael
If one dreamt about this angel means a year of blessing and God's forgiveness.

If is poor will be needless also there will be much rain in that region and people will
have comfort and victory.
If Michael gave you something means you will receive something from a big man.
If dreamt you were Michael means you will receive some dignity and position.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby riamy444 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:29 am

Again assuming you’re a female

Hello, yes I am !

First, I wanted to thank you for that very complete answer! What you have written is very mind blowing and I would have never guessed half of it!

The thing about the family home, the window, and all these things about my unconscious! It's crazy!

Thanks again, it really helped me a lot!
riamy444
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby riamy444 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:32 am

[quote="Varzandeh"
If you are sure that he was the Arch angel Michael, It means differently , it means:

Thank a lot for your reply! I am absolutely not sure who was that person, to be honest. All I know is that it was not human and its name was Micheal. As I woke up, I immediately made the connection with the Archangel. Still, I do not think I am a very devoted believer :?:

Once again, thank you for your answer, it was very interesting!
riamy444
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 am

Thank you for your update,
If the person was not a human then surely he was an angel....
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion