Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

sharks on a leash dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

sharks on a leash dream

Postby patsy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 am

I dreamed that a woman gave me a job. I was to take a string of sharks, hooked up like sled dogs, into the open water and release them 2 by 2 at intervals of 20 minutes a pair. I found myself in the water next to the lead shark. It began to swim as I had my hand on it's snout. I was terrified by being in the water with all these sharks and the were very real nurse sharks, but they were completely docile and seemed to be trained to swim in this fashion.
What do you think?
patsy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: sharks on a leash dream

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Opposite Noah.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Varzandeh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 am

Sharks are thieves you will assign them to a work for the state.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby jj-dreams » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:28 am

Hi there...

I worked with a woman recently who came to me suffering from intense anxiety and relationship problems. Her first dream was of a shark chasing after her, actually coming out of the water to get her.

In general, she suffered because she couldn’t “unleash” herself from the things that happened to her in her past. She had not really dealt with what she had experienced and so it followed her everywhere she went, i.e., into her future. Her inability to understand and control these states of mind, which attacked her like a shark, would often cause her to attack and control others. That kind of thing is an unconscious attempt at alleviating unbearable symptoms.

So, the moods – fueled by these unconscious processes – were imaged in this shark dream as this powerful beast coming to get her.

A shark is, in terms of dream symbols, a primordial creature…I mean, some fossils date back 300 million years. The force it represents is purely instinctual and not typically a creature that we could have a relationship with.

In your dream, you specifically call them nurse sharks. These sharks are considered “more docile” in shark terms. For example, they can fairly easily be handled when researchers want to tag them. A great white, probably not so much.

The dream shows you with these instinctual forces on leashes – a job given to you by a woman. The incremental release of them interesting, but I don’t want to get into that.

The first question I’d ask you to consider is: what are the characteristics of this woman? She seems like a positive figure. Is she matronly or younger? The answer to that question is important if you want to integrate the dream’s message.

That these sharks are on leases and you must return them: what this means depends on your particular situation. For example, if it were the dream of the woman I mentioned, it would be an indication that she is slowly gaining some “control” over how her moods affect her. If this is the case, she will feel the difference in how she responds to situations that would have once shaken her up.

You can never completely control these sharks, but you can learn to “handle” them better, so to speak. After dealing with these forces that rise from the depths of the psyche, they always return to those depths. Best to let them consciously, like every 20 mins, lest they take you with them: back into uncontrolled states of fear, worry, etc.

Another possibility, if you are too controlling in your world – meaning that you are unable to live spontaneously – then the image would be saying, “you must let go a bit. Live more freely.” This would be the image of releasing the sharks from the leashes and swimming with them.

In either case (or anything in between), you are in the water…cautious, but swimming freely with these creatures. A good image for the possibility of a well-balanced life.
jj-dreams
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:43 pm

was this in Cronulla ???

:lol:
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Return to General Dream Discussion