Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

weird hybrid bearcub and gator i wish i'd friended

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

weird hybrid bearcub and gator i wish i'd friended

Postby abbynormal » Wed May 17, 2017 3:56 pm

I dreamt [among many other dream fragments that evaporated] that I was in a strange house with dark gray carpeting and white walls. my mom and dad were there, as they were in their 40s. some weird hybrid creature - part hairless bear cub and part alligator, the size of a dog, green and scaly - popped up out of nowhere in the living room, as though it was a Pokémon, and although it was superficially adorable, it acted vaguely menacing, and my mom and I became alarmed and I pushed it away with a broom handle and my mom took a bucket of some noxious green paste and brushed the stuff onto its mouth, which it didn't care for too much, then I awoke. I wish I could have become friends with it somehow. :?
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: weird hybrid bearcub and gator i wish i'd friended

Postby Varzandeh » Fri May 19, 2017 5:16 am

Bear is interpreted as a thief, silly rival or enemy.
An alligator means a criminal.

A broom means someone who serves or helps.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby abbynormal » Mon May 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Hmmmmmmmm....... :creeping:
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Scorpio1 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 pm

I see that dream as being much more interesting than you probably think.

The grey and white decor are like the brain. And thoughtforms, 'elementals' that people create, really do look like not-quite-right, deformed or bizarre animals; eg, like a wolf, but with a much longer nose, or like birds but with gigantic eyes. Some look like weird hybrids of earth animals. So I think the hairless bear cub/scaly alligator represents a thought you frequently have. I don't know what a bear-like thing is, but any scaly creature makes me think of self-defensiveness.

You correctly sense that it's better to make friends with even a negative thought than to try to shove it away. If you try to fight, avoid or evict it, it just comes back. If you acknowledge it and 'make friends with it' (the thoughtform), then it shows you its good side.

For instance, I used to get exasperated at the way I would *always* jump to the worst possible conclusion about anything. If someone was 5 minutes late, I'd be convinced they'd been in a terrible car accident. If a boss said: 'Can I have a quick word?' I thought they were going to fire me. :)
It wearied me. I tried fighting the negativity by 'thinking positive', but it didn't work; that strange noise still meant 'The roof is collapsing.' :)
Then one day I realised that the part of me that did that was just trying to help me. I really have had quite a few negative events & shocks in life; this 'ridiculous negativity' was just a way of trying to protect myself by steeling myself in advance, so that if bad news came, I'd be ready in defensive position, instead of taken by surprise.
When I realised that, and stopped beating myself up for it: "You're doing it again!" - it disappeared. I now no longer assume the worst, I don't have to keep fighting off negative thoughts. (It only took 50 years!) :D
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby abbynormal » Sat May 27, 2017 1:40 pm

I tend to "pre-disaster" stuff a lot also. lately I've learned to try to keep a neutral disposition and not dwell on unpleasant thoughts, while at the same time being prudent, which is surely a sorta existential tightrope to walk on, but it is better than the alternative that I lived with for 50+ years, as well.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Scorpio1 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Haha, it is quite a tightrope, yes! :)
I don't seem to have been born with a moderation switch, and have tended to either imagine the very worst, or throw caution to the winds and take the kind of risks that have people saying 'You WHAT?'
I think we get, and we certainly deserve, more credit for the things we've worked on than those that we were born with and that come easily.
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby abbynormal » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:50 pm

^^^i'll buy that for a dollar :)
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion