Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Confused to what this was?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Confused to what this was?

Postby hef197 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

So I would like to find out what this means. This morning I was lying in my bed playing with my dogs which I do everyday before I start my day. My husband already left for work and I was wide awake. As I was lying on my side I felt and heard a gunshot go through my forehead and come out the back of my head. I heard the gunshot loud and clear in my head, the dogs never reacted once. I felt the shock of it going in and out and a sharp pain. Then the right side of my head has been throbbing since then. I thought I was actually shot but realized I was alive and moving. What could this possibly mean?
hef197
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Confused to what this was?

Postby apples » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:56 am

Get to a doctor. Could be an aneurysm...
apples
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 pm

If it was something real or extraordinary surely the dogs had shown reactions .The see what we don't see feel.
Most probably for a second you have fallen to asleep and shooting means sending a message and your head means your total money.
Perhaps a message from the bank.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby hef197 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 am

So after a few hours there was a horrible pain and pressure in my head. I was rushed to the hospital and they ran all kinds of test and they did a CT Scan. They found nothing and said that I was completely fine. I did find out of a person passing away at around the time this happened to me. AND a day later a member of the family shot himself in the head. Not sure if that has any relation, but it still is very confusing.
hef197
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Definetly related to shooting in family.. your psychic ability more refined than most people ??
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Scorpio1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:48 am

Ahh - I was going to say, get to an ER, quickly, as that could have been something happening in your head, like an aneurysm! Then I read your follow up. I am certain it was you picking up the imminent shooting.
We are all connected psychically.
My mother once cut her hand badly. I was 100 miles away at the time, and knew nothing of this. I was walking down a street, when all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain on my left hand: enough to make me double over gasping and clutching the hand. There was a weird bright red mark on it, about 2 inches long! It hurt, though by the next day the pain had faded away. I showed it to a doctor friend of mine, and he was as mystified as I was.
Then I saw my mother, and she told me her hand had been injured. It was exactly the same place as my 'mystery injury'; and it had happened at the same minute that I felt the stab of pain. We do pick up others, and sometimes it goes right down into the physical body!
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby perfectlyxflawed91 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:44 am

This has happened to me before, but I don't think anyone shot themselves after. My head didn't hurt either. I just heard back the blast, and my head went back as if a bullet struck it, and I woke up.
perfectlyxflawed91
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Naba-Daba-Doo! » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:09 am

sorry about all the spam on your post... it happens sometime

I had a similar pre-dream where I was aware I became Steve Irwin in a dream
and felt the sting ray barb go into my heart.
This was about three months prior to his death.
the pain in my heart lasted about two weeks.
I used it to remind me to pray for the Irwin family

it was not my first prophetic dream but the first one to come true...
God had to prove to me He still uses prophecy today...
since then other prior confusing dreams also came true

possibly you will have some part to play in consoling the family
as you can "feel their pain and loss" or maybe you are just to pray for them.
Naba = to prophesy
Daba = kind words
Doo! = w/enthusiasm
Naba-Daba-Doo!
A Sign Of The Times
A Sign Of The Times

Postby Raphael Z. » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:16 am

wow such spam...

I once had a similar dream but instead of a gunshot I was struck by Lightning xD
And I was all hyped up afterwards ;D But I gues it didnt hurt so its a bit diffrent... ;D
Raphael Z.
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Ghuntington » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:44 am

Hi,
What a VERY interesting experience! My take is likely different than many others who've already replied. Here's what I think as some food for thought...

We are much more than our physical bodies. I will tell you a bit about my own journey and then return to your experience with the gunshot through your head..

When my grandmother died 35 or so years ago, in a dream I "found her" downstairs in her basement "lost". So I took her upstairs towards some light. I woke up, wondering what the heck it was about and put it out of my mind.

Then about 30 years ago, my dad died. In a dream, I found him wandering around lost as well. I then took him to a spiritual hospital. It was a wonderful place full of trees, nature et al. I left him in their care. Then I went back in another dream and he was now gone. At the time, I again wondered what these dreams were and simply pushed them out of my mind.

About 13 years ago, I had a near death experience. It acted as a catalyst to begin to listen to myself.

After my near death experience, I didn't just sort of wake and say "Now I know myself". For the first few years, I realized I was carrying around a lot of baggage, i.e. anger and resentment towards people. So I very slowly sucked up my courage, approached the people and forgave them. This was really the start of my healing journey.

I had started and stopped meditation many times for the first 50 years of my life, in effect going nowhere in a hurry. I had read that when one can touch one's higher self, one definitely "knows" it BUT I had never experienced it. I was now determined to do it. So I joined some meditation and spiritual circles and kept at it.

At first, nothing happened. And then one day, I did connect. It was a glorious "feeling" and then poof! It was gone as my conscious mind took over. I now "knew' why people meditated.

I then had 3 lucid dreams with my father who died nearly 30 years ago. When one has out of body experiences, it changes one's sense of what they think of "reality".

Then my meditations deepened. I then had a meditation that changed my life. I saw myself as 3 Russian dolls, the types that fit into each other. I saw 3 lives, which I knew where "me" but they weren't me. I came out of that meditation and then the following days went into deep meditations for 2 of them. What I learnt was that I had been killed in violent circumstances, one in the Middle East and the other in central Asia. These meditations really "shook me up". I realized they were what I though of as "past lives".

Now, these "experiences" for one who's not been through them, could easily discount as an overactive imagination, or whatever. But, for myself, I now "knew" more about who I was.

Then I had an experience that is still resonating with me today several years late. I was in a mediation circle. At the end of it, I "felt" a presence. It showed itself to me as a premature young boy. I "knew" it was for the woman sitting beside me. At the time, I only knew she was a schoolteacher and had 2 late teen kids. So I turned to her and asked if I could give her a message. She said yes.

I asked her if she had miscarried a baby boy? She said yes. Then the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced occurred...

The baby boy turned into a man and sent pure unconditional love to me. It was something words can't describe. It went to the very heart of who I am. It only lasted a fraction of a second but it has lasted with me ever since. I broke down and began to cry. The lady began to cry. I then told her, her son was telling me that he was always with her. She then replied a medium had brought him through before but she was so glad to know it once again.

He was a teacher for me. He showed me what all of us are at our soul level.

It wasn't long afterwards, one day while I was trying to interpret my dreams that the idea came to me to use my higher self, which I could now access through meditation to assist me in interpreting my dreams. This was when my dream gates swung wide open.

I then, very slowly, learnt about myself. My higher self, my over soul or whatever one wants to call it, doesn't always give me "answers". Sometimes it will. Frequently, it will tell me to "work it out on my own" with a reassuring presence/feeling/thoughts that I can.

Now I simply "reach" for my over soul and there it is, always with me. I can't prove any of what I've just said to you or anyone else. I’ve found it's a journey of one. All of us have our own unique paths through life.

My experiences with my "other lives", my "probable lives" and my "future lives" et al are what they are. All of them are distinctly separate from me, yet, I also know we are "connected". The feelings that "they" have, their "experiences" are theirs yet also mine, if this makes any sense.

For some of them, it takes me months to digest some of their thoughts, feelings and actions, since they are so "foreign" to me. I am repeatedly told to accept and not to judge. On my free website "learningfrommydreams" dot com, there is a dream discussion paper. In it I describe examples of some of the many past lives I'v encountered.

What I can say is I am not the first person to have gone down the path I am on. If you read any of Robert Monroes, Jane Robert's Seth, Mary Anis's Elias, or any of the other many, many channeled or out of body-experienced books, one realizes that we are much more than our physical bodies.

In the world of science (I have a bachelors degree in it for what little it's worth), they too are moving closer to the ideas of digital realities and some form of consciousness that is with us. On “learningfrommdreams” you'll find a resource tab. If you go there and scroll down to the science section, you'll find links to digital physics and several You Tubes. The results of numerous experiments are leading some scientists to postulate we live in a virtual reality.

If you really want to go down "the rabbit hole" I suggest you read Tom Campbell's trilogy "My Big TOE" where TOE stands for "Theory of Everything". He's a nuclear physicist who's had a lifetime of out of body experiences. He wanted to reconcile these experiences with his science.

I'll end now by saying that people that think I'm totally wrong or whatever are right. How can that be?

We literally create our own reality. Our beliefs create the world around us. Therefore, what a person believes is what they create. This is a mind bender. It's not a mind bender if we live in a virtual reality. So while Guy goes off and has his "own experiences" others will have theirs that meets their beliefs. All versions of reality are "real".

My journey has taken me to many different places. On the resource page are also links to near death experiences (NDE), out of body research, people who are born with proven past life experiences, hypnosis where people are taken to past lives and lives between lives, multiple personality disorders where some of the personalities are teaching us, etc.

All I know is that we live in wonderful times where we are not killed for talking about our experiences that don't fit into the packaged norm. You can challenge me to explain and do whatever you want with it.

Okay..so now back to you and your VERY interesting experience...

If I was you, and had the same experience you did, here is what I would think...

I would think I am sending myself a clear message to spiritually "wake up".

This would be reinforced by the following experince "So after a few hours there was a horrible pain and pressure in my head. I was rushed to the hospital and they ran all kinds of test and they did a CT Scan. They found nothing and said that I was completely fine. I did find out of a person passing away at around the time this happened to me. AND a day later a member of the family shot himself in the head. Not sure if that has any relation, but it still is very confusing."

i "feel" that this my experience has meaning on several levels...

One is my own health. i would start a dream journal and record as much detail as I can for each dream. I've found that colours in my dreams are symbols of areas where my underlying beliefs are affecting my etheric and physical body.

I would also start to meditate. This is a very powerful technique to listen to oneself. Its not easy to start with BUT it can take one deep inside oneself to learn about who we are. On "learningfrommydreams" dot com there is a page devoted to many different meditation techniques. If I've intrigued you, go there and see if any resonate with you. Then try it.

The next level of the dream I would think was me beginning to spiritually wake up to the fact i live in what I call a "probability field". You are likely wondering what the heck this is and how could it apply to you and your experiences. Here's why...

At each present moment, we have an almost unlimited number or probable futures to choose from. We select one and it becomes our new present. The other probable futures become our probable presents. The old present becomes our past. The old probable presents become our probable pasts.

Have you ever had a sense of deja vu? Most people have. I think this is a result of us leaving our bodies each night when we sleep. One of the many things we do is to experiment with probable futures. Upon awakening, most of us forget it. However, some of it, sometimes, "spiritually bleeds through". This is why we are in a situation where we recognize this, i.e. to have already seen it or "deja vu" in French. Most people simply shrug it off and continue on.

Others have dreams or experiences, like you did, where they are experiencing or seeing a probable future. Often, but not always, it's associated with death. I have my own, untested Guy Huntington theory. that our higher selves choose death because it's something we can't forget or ignore. So a person dies.

Many people get freaked out over this. They then think that whenever they dream or experience an event in the future, that it portends death. They are likely needing more learning. Why?

They are seeing only one of many, many future probabilities. The people they are dreaming or experiencing the visions about, have free will. They can choose to experience this probable future or not. For the person having the dream or experience it's simply a teaching tool. In some cases, they will learn to communicate with the person who's going to have the probable future. In some cases it may prevent the probable future, in others it might alter what the person does between the time they are told and the event while in still others situations, it won't change a thing.

If I was you, I would feel I am standing on the edge or a great spiritual adventure. In my own case, through my near death experience et al, I have learnt that death is no big thing. It's what we do with each of our present moments that is important.

So, if I have intrigued you by what I've said, here are some suggestions from me to you for you to consider...

Visit the Monroe Institutes website, read Robert Monore's books on his OBE experiences and explore.

Another avenue for you to consider is to find a psychologist trained by the Micheal Newton institute and have a live between live session. On the resources tab of "learningfrommydreams" dot com, is an explanation of him with links to his books and the institute. There, you can find a therapist close to where you live.

What popped into my mind just now as I write this is a suggestion for you to explore "Lilydale". On the resources tab are links to this. It's a place where spiritualists meet each summer.

My last suggestion is to trust your intuition. If an idea pops into your head, follow it. It will take you where you need to go.

I hope that some of what I have written above resonates within you.

With kind regards,
Guy :)

hef197 wrote:So I would like to find out what this means. This morning I was lying in my bed playing with my dogs which I do everyday before I start my day. My husband already left for work and I was wide awake. As I was lying on my side I felt and heard a gunshot go through my forehead and come out the back of my head. I heard the gunshot loud and clear in my head, the dogs never reacted once. I felt the shock of it going in and out and a sharp pain. Then the right side of my head has been throbbing since then. I thought I was actually shot but realized I was alive and moving. What could this possibly mean?
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Kattrina » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Scorpio1 wrote:Ahh - I was going to say, get to an ER, quickly, as that could have been something happening in your head, like an aneurysm! Then I read your follow up. I am certain it was you picking up the imminent shooting.
We are all connected psychically.
My mother once cut her hand badly. I was 100 miles away at the time, and knew nothing of this. I was walking down a street, when all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain on my left hand: enough to make me double over gasping and clutching the hand. There was a weird bright red mark on it, about 2 inches long! It hurt, though by the next day the pain had faded away. I showed it to a doctor friend of mine, and he was as mystified as I was.
Then I saw my mother, and she told me her hand had been injured. It was exactly the same place as my 'mystery injury'; and it had happened at the same minute that I felt the stab of pain. We do pick up others, and sometimes it goes right down into the physical body!

That's completely crazy and amazing!!! :o thanks for telling us! :o
Kattrina
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Minder to spammers

Postby Gus Who » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Holy Ghost :yikes RE:mindER
Please stop using this site for your (Spam/advertisement or WAT) , otherwise a spiritual penalty will be assessed
This is a Warning Notice!
in the name of Gus Who Ink
... Important notice coming - (inside info dealing with Mabus Death) ... and the aftermath that effects the entire world... stay looney Tune inn (read an article today of a Gov plan...)
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Don't see a doctor, or a psychotherapist, confine yourself to mystical nonsense from a bunch of anonymous angry teenagers. Either you are not worth anything real and consoling, or you need to make sure you are totally miserable to justify following thru with the family tradition of shooting yourself in the head. That's the spirit! That's loyalty!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Don't see a doctor, or a psychotherapist, confine yourself to mystical nonsense from a bunch of anonymous angry teenagers. Either you are not worth anything real and consoling, or you need to make sure you are totally miserable to justify following thru with the family tradition of shooting yourself in the head. That's the spirit! That's loyalty!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion