Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Rat takes my fish

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Rat takes my fish

Postby newguy2323 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:08 pm

So craziest dream in a long damn time: I dreamed about a guy teaching me how to fish; he tells me I haven’t been casting my line far enough and at that rate I’ll never catch anything. So taking his advice I go to grab my rod out of my bag ... in my apartment, but in that moment I remember “hey, I’ve caught fish before as a kid. This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about” and all of a sudden before I can get the rod completely out the bag, a fish is jumping around on the end of the line. I get startled and toss the rod. But now I can’t find my fish; so I’m searching the floor and this fat, brown rat with goggle sized red eyes is devouring my damn fish. So I grab the rod and screaming like a mad man (half anger, half fear; mostly fear actually), I chase this rat around until I kill it but when I do my fish is gone and all that’s left is this blood stain. Gets crazier; an alligator appears in my apartment, like trying to force it’s way in the door soon after as I’m trying to get my bearings; I make the logical connection in my dream that the dead rat/dismembered fish attracted it? Like I’m saying that to myself in my dream. So I let the gator in in order to get out my apartment. And as I step out into the hall, a god damn stag just prances past me down the hall way. The place is like a damn zoo. I look back and then there’s this guy telling me just forget about going back that way (to my apartment/hallway). So I follow him out and then all of a sudden I’m behind this row of what appears to be school children on a school trip but they’re adults? I take note that I’m quite attracted to one of them so I continue to follow them, single file, down a fire escape. Soon after we’re approaching a bus stop, our destination, but the bus isn’t there yet so I decide to leave ... and I run back to my apartment. And then in trying to get back there I’m sort of getting lost and end up passing through my old neighbor as a kid and downtown Montreal is where I end up (I partly grew up in MTL). I look around but I never make it back to my apartment. And then somehow I end up at work talking to my manager about the status of a project (which is on track) and she’s pleased.

What the hell does all of this mean if anything or is it just a crazy dream? I normally can sort of feel this stuff out but there’s just wayyy too much going on for me to get a clear read on anything.
newguy2323
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Rat takes my fish

Postby murph » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Animals symbolise our civilized and uncivilised emotional behaviours.. here you learn a new way to fish or using mind to manifest what you want.
However the rat symbolises an old obsessive way of thinking from childhood. (Rats knaw on things) and overrides new way of thinking..
The crock attracted to anger and fear. as crock you being snappy and hard skinned.. Deer you prancing along. Trying to escape these feelings/emotions..School kids/adults indicating /implying need to keep learning..which you don't..you only feel on track when working...getting lost is actually more our true nature. i.e the unknown Self.. however mind keeps returning to childhood memories.. hope this makes some sense..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby newguy2323 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:58 am

Holy crap; thanks for replying, that's actually a completely different conclusion than what I got to trying to decipher it but totally logical? It could be the horoscope effect but, I kid you not, you have no idea how much of myself I can see in what you said. Seriously, thanks again for responding. It was literally the first dream in years where I woke up and I was just completely lost and all I could do was write down every detail, it scared the hell out of me.
newguy2323
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 am

Thanks for feedback . It makes it worthwhile to give our opinions on dreams.. might be worth looking at Gary Weber's material on YouTube regarding the brain and thoughts.. will help you understand what's going on in your mind.. thanks again for feedback..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion