Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Worms and maggots under my skin

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Worms and maggots under my skin

Postby LadyMedusa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:31 pm

So i frequently have dreams where i find maggots, roundworms and horsehair worms under my skin.
Often I start by picking at a scab, or a freckle, and I’ll just pull one out and they start appearing everywhere om my body. They pour out of every mark om my body (freckles, scabs, scars, moles, some times even bruises too). Often they also start crawling out of my eyes, and from under my nails. In the dream I usually just try to brush and pull them off me and it gets more and more stressfull as the worms come in higher and higher numbers

Some times it’s spiders, but usually it’s worms. I don’t think the meaning changes since they still come in very large numbers... from my body... What does it mean? I’ve had these dreams for years.

I personally associate these creatures with disease and decay. I like worms and maggots less than I like spiders, although I don’t like spiders very much either. I can appreciate spiders in pictures, but I can’t with worms and maggots.
LadyMedusa
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Worms and maggots under my skin

Postby a.ham » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi there LadyMedusa :)

It seems like most dreams involving having something gross under your skin are to do with being stressed about feeling like you're hiding or repressing something negative. Maybe you have a secret you feel guilty about hiding, or you have feelings you are ashamed of. Another interpretation could be that you are stressed about your health.

Hope this helps :)

-A.Ham.
a.ham
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Worms and maggots under my skin

Postby LadyMedusa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Yeah. That makes sense.
I’m very withdrawn and do often stress about thoughts or feelings I feel I shouldn’t have (that I don’t talk to with anyone), and I do sometimes stress about health concerns too.
LadyMedusa
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors