Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Get to know posters game...

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: Get to know posters game...

Postby cannydreams » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 am

I like to go while it is still relatively nice weather wise outside and take scenic shots of water, trees, flowers, animals, parks and so on..I also like to bake, I find it relaxing and journal and write some new poetry.

How long will you be remembered after you die?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 am

Well, I don't really know. But at this point, my youngest grandchild is less than one year. If God is willing and we both live 80 years, he will outlive me (and hopefully have his memory) for sixty some years after I am feeding the worms.

What will you be known for when you are just a memory?
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby MissWong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am

I think my love of photography, every person I love I have taken portraits of, or special photographs of their family, pets and each hang in their homes. So a part of me hangs there too. I love that.

Do you think you make or made your parents proud?
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby tropicalheatwave » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm

I don't know. Its not something that concerns me. What concerns me more is not wanting to hurt them emotionally. You see, i think and function differently. And i often feel i need to be pretentious to spare their feelings. But at the same time i want to be accepted for who i am.

How is your relationship with your parents? Do you get along with them?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby operatormike » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am

Well, my parents have both passed away. However, regarding my relationship and the making them proud thing...My Dad was a straight forward guy. What you see is what you get. If I accomplished something, I would tell him and he would tell me that I did well and that he was proud of me. My mother was a different story. She always had to play mind games. She had this thing about not letting success get to one's head.

For instance, once when I was promoted to the Superintendent at work, I went "home" to them and told them. Dad was real happy and said that he was proud of me. Mom started lecturing about not getting to big-headed. I left shaking my head. Then a couple years later or so, I saw a neighbor lady at church. She was the mom of one of my friends. She told me how proud my Mom was of me. This lady knew I was Superintendent and rattled off some of my other accomplishments. I was astounded! It was so hard to believe my Mom was proud of me. And that she even talked about me to others.

Okay, so here is another instance. I was in 7th grade. All through school up to that point, we got a grade in handwriting. As hard as I tried, I always got a C in handwriting. There were times that I got straight As in everything, but that darn C in handwriting. My Mom yelled at me each time. I always felt ashamed. So, this was going to be different. No handwriting grade. I did my best to get straight As. I fell short. I got one B. I felt really depressed. I was really anxious about facing my mother.

Then my friend, Bob, noticed and tried to cheer me up. I told him that I was afraid of showing my Mom my report card. I did not discuss the actual grades or show him the report card. He said, "that bad, huh?" He said stuff like, "think about good things. The weather is nice. You are healthy", etc. When he coaxed me more about the grades, I finally admitted, "I got a B". He exclaimed, "That's the spirit! Focus on the positive! I got a B, too!" Then he showed me his report card. The B was his highest grade. There was no F, but the rest were Cs and a D or two. I told him that I feel a lot better. I really did. I thought of it from a whole different perspective. Forget about how my Mom would react. I was proud of my report card! Bob said, "Remember, We got B's". I very happily said, "Yes, WE GOT B's!"

So, I went home and my Dad said, I am proud of you, Michael. I thanked him. My Mom went into a tirade about how I would never get straight As and BLAH BLAH BLAH...and I didn't care. I was proud of myself.

Peace,
OM
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Amalthea » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:16 pm

^^ I loved reading your post, operatormike.

As to tropicalheatwave's question.

I love and enjoy my parent's company I think once I turned 20 plus, they also became my good friends and confidants as well as parents. I feel they unconditionally love me, they were strict when a teenager but loosened the grip once I graduated high school. I talk to them daily, they make me laugh.

What is the best natural and medical ointment to use for a burn or open wound to heal it faster? I hurt myself on the weekend, OUCH!
:worry: :worry: :idea:
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 am

I use Neosporin. It is a salve with three antibiotics.

How do you get along with your siblings?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Amalthea » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Thank you ^^

I get on great with some of my siblings, I think one of my sisters has an attitude problem and is jealous of anything and anyone and that causes issues.

How are you enjoying the change in season? If you have colder temperatures and possibly snow already.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 am

I love this change of seasons in Ohio. All of the leaves change so many brilliant colors. The air is getting cooler, but right now it's not quite cold. It is supposed to snow on Friday for the first time.
The first snow is magical. I remember when I was a young boy with a newspaper route. When it snowed, especially for the first time, most of my customers gave me bigger tips. The snow reminds us of the season of giving.

So same question: How do you like the change of seasons where you are?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Dorn » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:18 pm

operatormike wrote:How do you like the change of seasons where you are?
It's magical. The winter here is much like spring in Edinburgh, Scotland. The misty rain is hard to keep out with an umbrella, yet it will remain relatively sunny throughout December.

Evolutionarily speaking, do you seek fitness (survival) or truth (reflection)?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Reflection. Though i'm likely to seek moments of enjoyment over long term survival.

As the year comes to a close. What changes have you made or noticed within you since the beginning of the year 2018?

And/or what changes have you made or noticed in your personal life?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Dorn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:23 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:Reflection. Though i'm likely to seek moments of enjoyment over long term survival.
Truth and reflection is a difficult path. Put simply, fitness is innocence is ignorance is bliss, and most of us would choose it if free will were a thing. Speaking metaphorically, the path of truth and reflection is the equivalent of taking a red-coated black pill.

As the year comes to a close. What changes have you made or noticed within you since the beginning of the year 2018?

And/or what changes have you made or noticed in your personal life?
I have undertaken a complete reset. New country, new relations, new job--even a new language. I didn't like where I was going, so I abandoned everything and everyone and started anew. It's the fourth time I've dome that in a little over a decade, which highlights a repetition compulsion of sorts, commitment issues and the like.

Phew. On a lighter note, what do you think is the most promising aspect of the future?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:03 am

Honestly, I am feeling very pessimistic lately so I don't see any other than it all will eventually all end. That sounds promising. LOL But, to give a real answer that we are becoming greener and responsible ( obviously not everywhere, there never ever will be a perfect world)

What is something popular now, but everyone will look back at five years from now and think it is stupid and embarrassing?
Stolen off a question someone on my social media asked recently.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 am

Amalthea wrote:Honestly, I am feeling very pessimistic lately so I don't see any other than it all will eventually all end. That sounds promising. LOL
Oh, but there's no need to be pessimistic. Keep in mind that even the bleakest view of our universe, concerning its eventual "heat death" in 10^100 years, will end up in a restart. The slightest quantum fluctuation will be enough to shatter the stability of that future vacuum--and in time that divine comedy will begin anew.

But, to give a real answer that we are becoming greener and responsible ( obviously not everywhere, there never ever will be a perfect world)
Great answer. I'm a vegan myself--albeit of the suit-wearing, nonmilitant kind--and welcome every sign of environmental awareness as a display of extraordinary empathy. The steep climb toward sustainability can seem overwhelming, but temporary setbacks should never distract us from the long-term goal.

What is something popular now, but everyone will look back at five years from now and think it is stupid and embarrassing?
Two things come to mind: MAGA hats and cuckoldry/polyamory. These two phenomena shouldn't simply be buried in the graveyard of history, but permanently sealed off by a voodoo-tier trickster shaman. But the likely scenario is that MAGA hats and poly will dissipate and then resurface in limited waves of nostalgic fever.

Come to think of it, what's the deal with us millennials and all this retro nostalgia? We don't remember the '80s, for example, so how can we even be nostalgic for it?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 am

Hello Amalthea, Dorn, et al..

When Amalthea was talking about how it would all eventually end, I was not pondering quite as far as you, Dorn. I was more thinking of how this planet, or even sooner, our species, would end. Contemplating this is actually a healthy way to motivate us to become more green. We have the ability and know how to sustain our resources, such as water, fuel, fish, and wood. But we are not doing what we need to. We, that is the about 8 billion of us, are squandering them away. We need to figure out how to support ourselves when we are 12 billion, and/or make a sensible workable plan to control our growth. Like the old hippies say, Think Globally, Act Locally.

Speaking of old hippies, my generation was nostalgic about the 50s, which we did not remember. But it was fun. We had 50's dances and some of us had old 50s cars.

So, where are you now Dorn? if you care to share.

Otherwise, hope all my Jewish friends had a Happy Channukah! Looking forward to Christmas with my family. My son is hosting at his house. This will be the first time me and my wife, aka Grandma and Grandpa, have not hosted Christmas at our house since we got married forty-one and a half years ago.

What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Dorn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 am

operatormike wrote:Hello Amalthea, Dorn, et al..

When Amalthea was talking about how it would all eventually end, I was not pondering quite as far as you, Dorn. I was more thinking of how this planet, or even sooner, our species, would end. Contemplating this is actually a healthy way to motivate us to become more green. We have the ability and know how to sustain our resources, such as water, fuel, fish, and wood. But we are not doing what we need to. We, that is the about 8 billion of us, are squandering them away. We need to figure out how to support ourselves when we are 12 billion, and/or make a sensible workable plan to control our growth. Like the old hippies say, Think Globally, Act Locally.
That's excellent, and I think people in general are inclined to improve conditions. Those in charge, however, form two camps: deniers and pretenders. And while traffic, industry, coal, and oil get the most attention, farming has the single biggest impact. Yet every Western country subsidizes pork and beef production to maximize consumption, resulting in half of the production going to waste. If the U.S. and E.U. cared as much about the climate as they did about flooding the market with cheap meat, then this wouldn't be an issue; the carbon footprint would be reduced by a third, and methane pollution by a half, if subsidies were vitiated. But it will take a few years before the dietary footprint is elevated in the consciousness of Western populations.

Speaking of old hippies, my generation was nostalgic about the 50s, which we did not remember. But it was fun. We had 50's dances and some of us had old 50s cars.
But that's because you boomers were larping as the Silent Generation stiffs who rejected the hippie '60s and disco '70s. You still had a frame of reference, whereas we millennials remain eclectic and free-floating, lacking a foundation or identity of our own. Self-evidently, the '00s meant nothing--literally--but that's unfortunately also the case for the '10s. (The saddest answer, if true, is that technological acceleration has absorbed the generational human impact, replacing it with updates.)

So, where are you now Dorn? if you care to share.
I'll PM you.

What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?
New Year's Eve. The combination of festivity and closure is tremendous.

I repeat the question.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:17 am

I enjoy roaming around the city and just enjoying the overall Holiday vibe. Bryant Park and Union Square in New York City is usually my holiday hangout choice. But this year i got to enjoy the holiday vibe in an entirely different city and country.

Amalthea wrote:What is something popular now, but everyone will look back at five years from now and think it is stupid and embarrassing?

The first thing that popped in my mind was selfie sticks/pics. :p

Same question.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby MissWong » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 am

Virtual reality headset things, you know the kind I mean.

What item purchased did you spend the most money on in 2018?
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:56 am

My truck.

Same question.
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Tal » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm

A car for me, too.

What is your favourite season and why?
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby operatormike » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 am

I love all the seasons. I love the changes. With changes in mind, my favorite is probably fall aka autumn. Once several of my friends moved from Ohio to Texas. They came back for a vacation in October to see the leaves change color. My wife's uncle who had moved to southern California did the same thing every year. One other friend who had moved to Colorado came back at Christmas and told us about her fall experience out there. She said that the locals were all excited about going out and seeing the Aspen change. She went with them and was very disappointed. Aspen trees change from light green to yellow. That's it. In Ohio, there are dozens of species of trees changing every color of the spectrum. My favorites are sugar maple and sweet gum. They are the most vibrant and varied. Sugar maples turn deep red and bright yellow and every color in between all on the same tree! Sweet gums even have Some purple leaves. The contrast with the yellow ones is fantastic.

Same question:
Tal wrote:What is your favourite season and why?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Amalthea » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:18 am

I love spring with all the blooming of flowers and trees and pretty scents in the air and being able to climb out of the dead of winter and wear fewer clothes and spend more time outside, instead of forced dry air inside. You can walk, bike and sit out more in the sun, makes you feel more alive and healthy and not all that gross heat of summer.

Has anyone ever broke your heart?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm

More like my heart was broken by my own expectations of others and i just blamed it on them.

What are your main priorities in life?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:14 pm

To be true to myself, to be honest to others, and never stop learning.

What did you learn today?
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby operatormike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am

I learned that at subzero temperatures even some oils and greases can freeze.

Good question: What did you learn today?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Amalthea » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:28 am

That even long time housepets can get mean and nasty with you and scratch, bite and claw you. Badbadbad.

What would your dream date consist of?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby The World-Eater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 am

I feel setting some requirements/standards for a "dream date" could possibly lead to disappointment if it fails to live up.

Favorite classic author?
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:56 am

Charlotte Bronte.

Do you have any health issues? if so what are they? and how do you manage them?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am

I have vestibular neuritis. The nerve in my right inner ear has been damaged, likely by a virus. I have to relearn balance with impaired data getting from the balance instrument of my inner ear to my brain. There are three input for balance, inner ear, vision and muscles (mostly foot and leg muscles). So, some of the therapy involves standing with your eyes closed. Sometimes on a pillow. Sometimes on one foot. Then there are head movement exercises. My brain is gradually learning balance and the dizziness is gradually going away.

What has been you best experience at becoming healed?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby MissWong » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Forgiving someone that hurt me in my past, forgiveness in itself healed me.

If you saw a friends partner cheating would you tell them?
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

MissWong wrote:If you saw a friends partner cheating would you tell them?
I would likely do nothing.

Let me present some qualifiers as to why this is reasonable:
1) If they have an open relationship, or are into polyamory, I'll appear intolerant if I bring it up.
2) If I'm mistaken in my perception, I'll look like an idiot for mentioning it.
3) If I caught him/her in an actual affair, then maybe their relationship has already gone sour, reaching that last stage of inevitable disruption. By stepping in, I'd take it upon myself to save a sinking ship--and that's just not happening.
4) If I caught him/her in an actual affair, then I could also use it against them at a later point in time (har har).

Same question.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:49 am

I'd not only tell - I would accompany that with showing too. I would not tell until I had actual proof, video or pictures to present with the truth, so they cannot deny what I am telling them. I would only tell a very close friend or family member, not some slight acquaintance.

What is your all time favourite horror movie?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:15 am

Nosferatu.

What's your favorite Lovecraftian mytho?
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby The World-Eater » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 am

Azathoth.

What do you really wish you could do, but can't yet?
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 pm

The World-Eater wrote:What do you really wish you could do, but can't yet?
Determine political discourse as well as directing the future of world politics.

I'm fixated with MissWong's question above, so I'll repeat it.
MissWong wrote:If you saw a friends partner cheating would you tell them?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 am

Why would I need to tell them, don't they know they are cheating?

Ohhh...you mean the friend, not the friends partner! Okay, then. Generally, yes, but It depends on some circumstances. Referring back to your reply, Dorn, I would also note that if the friend and partner were on their last legs, so to speak, I might be interfering with what might become a good relationship.

But all that "if then" aside, If possible, I would likely confront the partner directly and get the correct information. Who knows, maybe what I perceive as cheating is an innocent encounter with a close friend or relative. The idea of taking pictures or video seems creepy to me, Canny. I don't think that I could do that. I get that you want to present evidence, but I would just say what I heard and saw. Especially, what they said if I had confronted them.

What is a mistake in a relationship that you have learned from?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby tropicalheatwave » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Don't ignore all the red flags that present themselves to you.

Who do you trust most on here and who do you trust least on here (dreammoods)?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:55 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:Who do you trust most on here and who do you trust least on here (dreammoods)?
In spite of the inherent chaos and weirdness, there are a lot of solid and reliable individuals who stick around DM--incidentally, most of whom frequent this thread (you included, Trop). However, if I were to single out one member for special praise, it would be Nostalgic.

The least trustworthy would be the psychotic members in the dream section, especially those whose antics are indistinguishable from the old pest Malek (exuserr).

As for my question, what do you think of season 3 of True Detective?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby MissWong » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm enjoying it, Mahershala Ali is my new favorite actor. I did not like Season 2 ( didn't care about any of the actors if they lived or died).. but 3 is closely comparable to Season 1 so that makes me happy and look forward to watching it weekly( I like I cannot binge this series). I hope they tie everything up nicely with this one.
I also like I am The Night, have you seen that one?

Is humanity headed in the right or wrong direction?
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:43 pm

MissWong wrote:I'm enjoying it, Mahershala Ali is my new favorite actor.
He's great and should be rewarded for his performance. I like the entire cast, but I find the typecast Scoot McNairy to be a perfect fit.

I did not like Season 2 ( didn't care about any of the actors if they lived or died).. but 3 is closely comparable to Season 1 so that makes me happy and look forward to watching it weekly( I like I cannot binge this series). I hope they tie everything up nicely with this one.
I agree every step of the way.

I also like I am The Night, have you seen that one?
I'll check it out. I live in Europe, so Netflix and HBO are my only means of American TV.

Is humanity headed in the right or wrong direction?
It's complicated. On the one hand, we are increasingly reliant on tech acceleration, especially pertaining to automation, which will largely render work superfluous and further dismantle current institutions of control. On the other hand, our political systems are slowing down this development while pursuing limited national interests at a time when global accords are necessary (countering climate change, resource waste, human trafficking, etc.). The potential is definitely on the side of right, but there is still much to be worried about.

Same question.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:10 am

Jesus once said the weeds will grow with the wheat. We are headed both directions, towards chaotic disaster and towards peaceful sharing and coexistence. As Dorn mentioned, we need to stop wasting resources; water, fuel, food, trees, fish and so forth. We have the know-how and technology to carefully conserve all of these resources, but we are not using it to it's fullest potential. We need to work out solutions that are economically and politically sound to do so.

Did anyone talk to Mr. Green lately? (He stopped by).

and same question.
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Previous

Return to Rant And Rave