Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

?! Help

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

?! Help

Postby j_kling » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:37 pm

So last night I had a dream about a guy that I was seeing casually a few months ago. Since we stopped seeing each other, we have both gotten into relationships - I am incredibly happy in mine and he seems to be happy in his. We have had zero contact since early August, I was willing to stay friends but he was not, at all.
But last night, I had a dream, and I don't remember most of it, but here are the parts I do remember.

Firstly, I remember walking behind this guy and his new girlfriend, and I remember throwing something at them. Not anything that would cause harm, but something.

Then, a bit later on, this guy lost his arm. It hadn't been amputated from the elbow down, like you would usually expect - it had been amputated right from the shoulder?!

And finally, I remember me going to visit him to make sure he and his lack of arm were okay, and I remember us cuddling. But not in a relationshippy, sexual way - we were clothed and it was as if we were friends.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Anyone have any ideas what this might mean?

xx
j_kling
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: ?! Help

Postby mrothschild8 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:19 pm

hard to.say from pieces.

sounds like part of you resents their relationship because it cost someone an arm (not an arm and a leg, just the arm), meaning the friendship you could have maintained. perhaps you feel a piece of him is missing without your friendship. the part about visiting in the hospital probably represents that you check up on him from time to time, worried about how he's getting on, because you feel he's not whole without you?
mrothschild8
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: ?! Help

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm

The guy-and-new-girl are not two. Together they are one. The one that they are is the dreamer herself. The throwing gesture over-determines this.
The guy with no arm is also the dreamer. The connection by cuddling is identity.
Divergent aspects of self which the dreamer feels currently are unresolved.
Perhaps, desire to be coupled, the absence of some meaningful way to reach out into the world and affect it according to your motives.
Whether it has to do with that past romance or with some other things, with a little thought and honesty dreamer will understand.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating