Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strange Light Failure Terror

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Strange Light Failure Terror

Postby bobfromstatefarm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 pm

I have had one reoccurring nightmare throughout my entire life, starting when I was about 10 years old and continuing about monthly well into my adulthood. I usually quickly forget about it once I wake up, but after thinking about more deeply it has become unsettling to me how common it is. It always plays out the same way, and no matter what I try differently each time, I still end up in a nightmare. It always begins with me awakening in my room with the lights off, and I think that I'm fully awake. I begin by turning on my light, and this is when I realize I have entered the nightmare each time, as the light turns on, but is very dim, and usually has a low, orange glow to it, only have illuminating my room. This usually sends me into a panic, and I run outside into the living room. Its always incredibly dark outside with no moonlight, and if I try to go outside I am confronted with a void. I always hear voices but can't pinpoint where they are coming from. I begin to run around the house turning on as many lights as possible, as I feel the darkness inside is attempting to get in. It's also always a summer night, or at least I think, as the windows will be open and a cool breeze will blow in from outside. I shut the windows every time though. Next, things get weird. Every time I leave a room, if I return the light will be off, and when I turn it on, it will be slightly dimmer than before. I always try to get back into my room to get back to sleep but it seems to be the heart of the evil and I am always too scared to enter, as the red dim light flickers inside of it and goes out, but also seems to be the only light that will turn on on its own. It becomes a terrible game in the end, comprised of me running around turning on lights only to watch them get dimmer and dimmer, until no light in the house works... except for my room, which I then enter. The light will turn off for a final time, and I'll wake up covered in sweat. I want help understanding the meaning of this dream, or perhaps a way to confront it and control it. Thank you.
bobfromstatefarm
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strange Light Failure Terror

Postby Lady Daffodil » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 am

I couldn't even begin to interpret that, but boy that sounds scary! :ecstatic: I sometimes have dreams about trying to turn on a light and the light doesn't come on at all, but that's not nearly as scary as your dream. I hope you eventuall stop having it.
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors