Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strangest lucid dream about death

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Strangest lucid dream about death

Postby shyplay » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 am

Hi ! I would like to tell you about a dream I had last night which was strange and beautiful. It didn't start out like a lucid dream but ended up being one. It felt real from start to finish either way.

It starts with me coming out of a building, not knowing where I was or why I was there. I start walking home. The streets are empty and unfamiliar yet I feel sure of the way to take. I end up in the courtyard of what looks like a very modern and majestic Versailles with fountains and sculptures. At this point I'm still all alone and there seems to no longer be a way out of that courtyard. The yard keeps expanding until I cannot see past it anymore.

In the distance I see a man with a white beard and a white and light blue toga. I'm joking to myself that it's God or Noah. I yell to him "Where am I?" He doesn't reply but points in the direction of a fountain where, I'm just noticing, 4 or 5 people (very common looking) are seating and talking. I walk towards them.

A woman from the group gets up and comes to me. I ask her "Where am I?". "You must not be in fear", she says. "I'm not. I just don't know what this place is." She says : "You must not be in denial". Suddenly, I feel more even more awake than before and I'm starting to realise that I have died. I ask her "Am I dead?". I do so calmly like it would ok if I was. She answers again : "You must not be in fear". In full acceptance, I just say : "I am dead."

I start being pulled through all the fabrics of that dream back to my actual room where I'm flying above my sleeping body. Then I'm pulled back into my body and I can feel it all and it's pleasant actually. At the same time, I'm thinking "so I'm returning to my body for the last time." As I entered my body, I took I huge breath and I was awake ready to get up and surprised (almost disappointed) that this encounter with death was not real.

Does anyone have any interpretation to offer because as beautiful as all of this was, it's mostly confusing to me now.
shyplay
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strangest lucid dream about death

Postby Sheena » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:55 pm

In this dream, dreamer accuses self of fear and denial which wins out. She escapes from self knowledge by big egression, calling self dead. This represents a commitment to do no thinking, no learning in life.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:12 pm

shyplay wrote:
It starts with me coming out of a building, not knowing where I was or why I was there. I start walking home. The streets are empty and unfamiliar yet I feel sure of the way to take. I end up in the courtyard of what looks like a very modern and majestic Versailles with fountains and sculptures. At this point I'm still all alone and there seems to no longer be a way out of that courtyard. The yard keeps expanding until I cannot see past it anymore.

In the distance I see a man with a white beard and a white and light blue toga. I'm joking to myself that it's God or Noah. I yell to him "Where am I?" He doesn't reply but points in the direction of a fountain where, I'm just noticing, 4 or 5 people (very common looking) are seating and talking. I walk towards them.

A woman from the group gets up and comes to me. I ask her "Where am I?". "You must not be in fear", she says. "I'm not. I just don't know what this place is." She says : "You must not be in denial". Suddenly, I feel more even more awake than before and I'm starting to realise that I have died. I ask her "Am I dead?". I do so calmly like it would ok if I was. She answers again : "You must not be in fear". In full acceptance, I just say : "I am dead."

I start being pulled through all the fabrics of that dream back to my actual room where I'm flying above my sleeping body. Then I'm pulled back into my body and I can feel it all and it's pleasant actually. At the same time, I'm thinking "so I'm returning to my body for the last time."

When you were walking home, you were alone. Maybe this means that you feel alone in life and don't know which direction to take. Maybe you have lost your motivation or direction in life or basically you have lost the fire in your belly that keeps someone driven to success. Perhaps the Versailles looking building is your goal or where you want to be and don't know how to get there. It keeps expanding because it is out of reach for you.

It is interesting that you saw God or even Noah. I have never thought of Noah as a religious leader, just a character in the Bible. But, maybe he and God are friends on the other side...... :)

I think the 4 random looking people may have been you. Maybe you are an average guy. And God is an authority figure in your life. The fountain was interesting. Sometimes water has a spiritual connection and we often hear about drinking from the fountain of life. ...just a random thought. It's odd that the man would not speak to you though. I wonder why.

When the woman said you were dead, maybe she meant in a spiritual sense. Perhaps you have been living a less than righteous life and she insists that you accept the idea before you 'get better'. Or, it could be that you have lost your direction and motivation and need to reset your life. Redefine your goals.

When you returned to your body and it felt pleasant, maybe it means things will be ok. Maybe 2016 will be your year.

Anyhow, it is just a few ideas.......
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 am

Noah represents devotion to God, to a god, and the promise of life hope and safety that can bring. What is interesting is why God does not make the great covenent and blessing to Noah that God makes for Abraham. Noah obeys, not to the extent of sacrificing his son and family/tribal structure for faith; Noah's sons are not circumscised, they still go to war. Noah's obesience is determinate, unreflective and lacks free will, contrast Abraham and Jonah and Moses.

Noah is a custodian who performs a sorting task - this may be the most useful analogy for the present dream imagery in context.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams