Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone help think of a name?

Post your stories, songs and poetry or review/recommend a book.

Can someone help think of a name?

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:27 am

In the story/book I'm very slowly writing there is a magical kingdom and an evil forest but i can't think of a name for them. Can you think of anything?
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Can someone help think of a name?

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:07 pm

do you have anything in mind for them ??

how much have you written ??
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:01 am

well i originally called the forest "The Dark Forest" but then i watched the film "Maleficent" and realized i used exactly the same name :dummy" . I've only written a paragraph and a bit over about 2 days but i've only been working on it for a couple of minuets because i keep putting it off.I do want to finish it this time and not add another book to my book graveyard.
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:09 am

well two paragraphs and a bit actually, i tend to put it off the entire day but continue it at night because i just can't sleep without working on it for a little while.

this is it:
Once upon a time, the whole world knew about the hidden land of “enchantment(?)” with its lush green hills and spectacular sunrise. Four magnificent rainbows intertwine as they shoot across the sky every morning and the North Star stays a little while longer to greet the sun as it wakes. A bustling town sits at its centre, just below the castle that towers over it like the arrogant lords that live there. It is truly a beautiful place full of warmth and affection; however, at the furthest corner of the land stands the foreboding "dark forest(?)", full of magical (perhaps evil) creatures. Trolls, goblins, will’s the wisps, fairies, mermaids, you name it. All making their homes there and preying on those who enter. Another creature, quite possibly the most evil of all, is the witch. A stunning beauty whose life goal it is to find something that she wants and take it no matter what. She dwells at the very end of the dark forest and practically scares all the other monsters to death! This marvellous land of good and evil was found a very long time ago by a group of scientists on an expedition through a tropical country. They very much had not suspected to come across a whole undiscovered land as they were only there to collect plants. But they found it alright and it would still be there today if it wasn’t for the dreadful war that no one dare speak about. Once they had stumbled upon the land they ran back to England and argued with other scientists about what they had seen. At first of course, people believed they were making it up ,or had eaten something they shouldn’t have, but they soon convinced a larger group to come with them and the news spread throughout every country .Newspapers were thrown to people for free, there were posters pinned to every house and all the important people made dramatic speeches. Millions of people flocked to visit the new land but they grew used to it with the years, just like the British settlers in America grew used to their new home. Now with all of that out of the way, it’s time to speak of the true story. A story about a plain serving girl , thieves , a handsome prince , the witch, the dark forest and many dangerous , wondrous things. But be warned it may not end how all fairy tales end...

It was a bitter, chilly night in the great palace as summer had not yet came and Rose, the servant girl, sat in front of the kitchen fire, warming her feet as she mended a torn curtain. The kitchen sat at the very bottom of the palace and with all its great ovens and a full larder, it had the potential to feed an entire village. Unfortunately, the food was for the nobles and nobles alone. The stone fire was at the end of the kitchen and was just big enough to warm the room, with a gaping semi-circle cheaply chiselled out of the middle. Two pointed, red tapestries hung on each side of it, depicting the great story of Jane and The dragon and a polished brass bowl was all the decoration the fire needed. Just outside the kitchen was a dismal cavernous hall, full to the brim with oaken chairs and tables; dotted around the room like mindless servants waiting to be sat on. During feats, the poor servants would be worked to the bone running backwards and forwards from the great hall to the kitchen and rarely left the palace at all, except to buy more food for more great feasts. Rose had never left the palace and had been taken in at a young age when the cook found her in the courtyard, playing in the mud. No one knew how she got through the gates and past the guards but she was such a sweet , innocent child that no one could turn her away and so that is how she came to work there, as a plain dark haired servant girl with pretty blue eyes. She delicately pushed the needle in and out of the silk with great skill, admiring the intricate design when a great bellow came from upstairs.

”Rose!” shouted the head servant. She had forgotten to clean the prince’s room.She threw the curtain to one side and held her dress up past her ankles so that she could sprint up there immediately. She hurried up the winding stone staircase with bare, trembling feet and along the soft, green carpet until she came to room at the very end.
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Caesar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 pm

TheMaidOfOrleans wrote:A story about a plain serving girl , thieves , a handsome prince , the witch, the dark forest and many dangerous , wondrous things. But be warned it may not end how all fairy tales end...

No offense, but that part reeks of several already published stories, tales, and films.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:12 pm

its a pity i don't have more time to read it .. especially at a public library ..
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:07 am

No shit . It's an original piece of work that i came up with myself but i guess it has its similarities (btw i will rename the places , that's just the names i used for now and the prince is NOT the guy she ends up with because he's an ass). I would change that line but i like it too much to let it go. It's not exactly the same as anything , is it? Or do i have to change the entire story to make it different? Perhaps we could have the line : A story about a serving girl on a journey to save the prince she loves. But is he her true love? And will this fairytale end the way its suppose to... (no wait) And will this end the way all fairy tales are supposed to end... (... or ?)

Anyway here's the next paragraph.

She hurried up the winding stone staircase with bare, trembling feet and along the soft, green carpet until she came to room at the very end.The prince went hunting every morning and liked to see his room clean when he got back. It would be easy to clean his room if he didn’t have nightmares every night but he was a very vain man and the fear of waking up ugly one day, just wouldn’t stop haunting him.He would sleep walk , tearing up his clothes and throwing them around the room. Sometimes the servants would find him staring at the mirror and crying his eyes out.He was actually very handsome with light blonde hair and elegant cheek bones and for that reason , Rose was in love with him.If only she could see what an ass he really was.
“At last! You were supposed to be cleaning ten minutes ago.” Wined the head servant ,looking around the room nervously. Rose lowered her eyes in shame and dug her nail into her hand.
“I’m sorry miss, I’ll start at once” said rose , using her sweetest voice so that she wouldn’t be shouted at.
The head servant looked at her a moment and sighed. “well you had better . If the prince finds his room in such a state , we’ll probably find him crying himself to sleep in the hall again.”
She was a tall, skiny woman with red hair in a messy plait and a dress so tight that you could see her ribcage. For what it’s worth, she wasn’t all that bad and had been quite kind to Rose over the years.It’s just that she had quite a temper when things didn’t go her way.Her name was melanie. “The prince only cries because his father is ill”insisted rose, trying her best not to sound angry as she was defending the prince. Her prince (in her mind).”Ha, that’s a laugh. His royal highness must be desperate for the old man to kick the bucket.That way he’ll be king and won’t have to marry like his father wants him to.”Melanie looked at Rose for a moment.”mabye he’ll marry you”she mused as she had come to realize just how much rose liked him.
Melanie left the room and Rose got to work.There were clothes scattered every where ; Some hanging over the top of the beautifly carved four poster bed with red satin sheets , some thrown on the floor in a puddle of ink and even a pair of golden undergarments caught on the window frame’s pointy decoration. Rose pulled down the golden undergarments without tearing them and giggled as she put them in one of the two seperate piles she always made. One pile of wearable clothes and a second pile of clothes torn to shreds, burnt or stained with the prince’s wrirting ink. “It really is a waste of pretty clothes” Rose whispered to herself , admiring one of the ink statined vests.After she had sorted out the piles , she carefully put the first into the draws , running her hands over the smooth silks and put the second into a basket so they could be thrown on the fire later.
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:28 am

I would also call the girl something else (i used my middle name, that's not vain is it?) but i don't think anything else suits her.
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Caesar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am

TheMaidOfOrleans wrote:No shit .

Yeah... that attitude will get you far in the writing business.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby TheMaidOfOrleans » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

That's exactly what i've been telling my self (you did mean it sarcastically I'm assuming) , i've thought about and you know what? I'm done writing. It's a waste of time , the story is crap, the writing is crap and it will never be finished let alone published. Hell like a 13 year old girl can write anyway. I'll stick to endlessly changing my mind about what i want to do with my life.
TheMaidOfOrleans
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby TheMAXX » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:25 am

The Dark Soul wrote:
TheMaidOfOrleans wrote:No shit .

Yeah... that attitude will get you far in the writing business.

just fuck off. "Slade", you SHAME.

Maid, I have a name for you... I will send it to you... I made tis up some 18 years ago, when I was your age ...

Happy New Year for u and ur sis

I may also do the editing, but i am quite busy these days .... in february would be ok ... :hugs:
TheMAXX
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sauron » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 am

Did you really give up on writing?
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Ladybird » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 pm

yes but i started thinking about it one night and wrote some more. (new account, long story).
Ladybird
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sauron » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:07 am

Ladybird wrote:yes but i started thinking about it one night and wrote some more. (new account, long story).

I completely missed this post. Sorry about that. I hope you're still writing, despite what others say about it. Whenever I try to bring up the research I'm doing for my book with friends and mostly my family don't take what I do seriously either. In the end I stopped caring what others said about it, and proving them wrong became something of a second drive for me.

Just follow what you want to do. If it's still writing, go for it!
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:24 pm

You need to reference extant mythology and literature.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 am

Irv.
Phil seems to be popular on TV now.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby cannydreams » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 am

Nightmare forest.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Children with odd cutesy unusual idiosyncratic names do much poorer in life. You don't see a presidential candidate named Sunshine - and never will.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Clementine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:18 am

TheMaidOfOrleans wrote:In the story/book I'm very slowly writing there is a magical kingdom and an evil forest but i can't think of a name for them. Can you think of anything?

Crystal something for the kingdom & Raven something for the evil forest.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Washington D. C.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Clementine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:01 pm

^ because it is evil? or corrupt?
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 pm

The trouble is a kingdom cannot be magical because it would be founded on a murder, and a forest cannot be evil because nature is beyond morality.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Clementine » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:07 pm

That's a good point hope OP sees it.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Fendel Crendel.