Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

insomnia,RLS,sleep apnea,night terrorrs,sexomnia,and more

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Re: insomnia,RLS,sleep apnea,night terrorrs,sexomnia,and mor

Postby Sigrid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 am

Also, I keep waking up TOO early than intended. I know its called a body clock but waking up somewhere in 1-3 AM!?

That's one screwed up body clock
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Caesar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:22 am

According to most, if not all, spiritual people the human mind is the most susceptible to spiritual activity around 3 A.M. hence why many people wake up around that time without any reason.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:44 am

Slade Wilson wrote:According to most, if not all, spiritual people the human mind is the most susceptible to spiritual activity around 3 A.M. hence why many people wake up around that time without any reason.

Are you telling me, that there is a ghost/s in my house?
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Caesar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:18 am

Jiru wrote:
Slade Wilson wrote:According to most, if not all, spiritual people the human mind is the most susceptible to spiritual activity around 3 A.M. hence why many people wake up around that time without any reason.

No, it was just a possibility that came to mind when I read your post.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Slade Wilson wrote:
Jiru wrote:

No, it was just a possibility that came to mind when I read your post.

Well... It doesn't help the fact that I can't see to confirm it, aside from the fact that I suddenly woke up, having a sleep paralysis....

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sauron » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:01 pm

This may be a long-shot, but when I think of any time before going to sleep - I wake up that time.

You could try that, Jiru.
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Sauron wrote:This may be a long-shot, but when I think of any time before going to sleep - I wake up that time.

Oh yes, that works too!

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 am

Hello Jiru, sorry to hear your having troubles
Maybe this can answer your question , Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder ( DSPD )..this a common type of circadian rhythm disorder, Delayed sleep phase. it is when a person 's normal sleep-wake times are at least two hours later than conventional or socially acceptable times, usually falling asleep at 2 am or later the quality of sleep is normal, just off timing and the person usually wakes up at 10 am or later. about 40 % of people with this type of sleep disorder have family history and it often begins in adolescence. most people with this don't get enough sleep since sleeping till noon is not acceptable with the demands of the day, because they may not be able to fall asleep till 2 or 3 am...or they will wake up at 2 or 3 am which is Advanced sleep Phase , (ASPD) when you wake up at 3 am spontaneously and cant fall back to sleep, :shock: the person will be sleepy during the day, :sleep: have trouble concentrating and have hard times keeping up their grades in school.......there is some things you can do for this , :clap: Bright light exposure in the evening ( To Delay Melatonin Release) and Melatonin administration in the morning ( To Delay Premature Release of Melatonin in the late afternoon or early evening ) Melatonin is in the vitamin section of most stores and is perfectly safe to take , :)
And also the practice of going to bed at the same time every night, and not staying up later to be online ,,,before you close your eyes say out loud that you will wake up at ? whatever time you need to wake for school,
The mind is amazing and the power of suggestion works !!
With life comes unconventional timings of things and it can easily mess up our sleep patterns, so relax your not being attacked by spirits or ghosts :yikes , your just going through a phase that will not last too long. :D
Good Luck sweetpea,,, think of resting well, and you shall Rest well,!!! :dreams:
peace,
Brooks :blowingkisses:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 am

BrooksWindow wrote:Hello Jiru, sorry to hear your having troubles
Maybe this can answer your question , Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder ( DSPD )..this a common type of circadian rhythm disorder, Delayed sleep phase. it is when a person 's normal sleep-wake times are at least two hours later than conventional or socially acceptable times, usually falling asleep at 2 am or later the quality of sleep is normal, just off timing and the person usually wakes up at 10 am or later. about 40 % of people with this type of sleep disorder have family history and it often begins in adolescence. most people with this don't get enough sleep since sleeping till noon is not acceptable with the demands of the day, because they may not be able to fall asleep till 2 or 3 am...or they will wake up at 2 or 3 am which is Advanced sleep Phase , (ASPD) when you wake up at 3 am spontaneously and cant fall back to sleep, :shock: the person will be sleepy during the day, :sleep: have trouble concentrating and have hard times keeping up their grades in school.......there is some things you can do for this , :clap: Bright light exposure in the evening ( To Delay Melatonin Release) and Melatonin administration in the morning ( To Delay Premature Release of Melatonin in the late afternoon or early evening ) Melatonin is in the vitamin section of most stores and is perfectly safe to take , :)
And also the practice of going to bed at the same time every night, and not staying up later to be online ,,,before you close your eyes say out loud that you will wake up at ? whatever time you need to wake for school,
The mind is amazing and the power of suggestion works !!
With life comes unconventional timings of things and it can easily mess up our sleep patterns, so relax your not being attacked by spirits or ghosts :yikes , your just going through a phase that will not last too long. :D
Good Luck sweetpea,,, think of resting well, and you shall Rest well,!!! :dreams:
peace,

Light? Screw it, I sleep at the deepest darkest place of my bed (slight sarcasm here) and that advance thingy being temporary?? Hell, I've had it for MONTHS

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Caesar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Sauron wrote:This may be a long-shot, but when I think of any time before going to sleep - I wake up that time.

I tried this last night. I woke up roughly ten minutes before the time I thought of.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:17 am

Jiru wrote:
BrooksWindow wrote: Bright light exposure in the evening , NOT A BRIGHT LIGHT WHEN YOUR TRYING TO SLEEP!! IN THE EARLY EVENING LIKE AFTER DINNER, SIT UNDER A UV RAY OR A PLANT LIGHT, FOR A LITTTLE WHILE,
( Say out loud whatever time you need to wake for school, it does work )
The mind is amazing !

peace,

Light? Screw it, I sleep at the deepest darkest place of my bed (slight sarcasm here) and that advance thingy being temporary?? Hell, I've had it for MONTHS

You said hell and screw it !!! shamey shamey little lady :o
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:12 am

BrooksWindow wrote:
Jiru wrote:
BrooksWindow wrote: Bright light exposure in the evening , NOT A BRIGHT LIGHT WHEN YOUR TRYING TO SLEEP!! IN THE EARLY EVENING LIKE AFTER DINNER, SIT UNDER A UV RAY OR A PLANT LIGHT, FOR A LITTTLE WHILE,
The mind is amazing !

peace,

:neer:

Guys! Do you think my dreams about a ghost and my complaints of sleeping problems are related! They are eerily similar. Especially the same tired, sleepy and heavy eyes I kept having when I realized how similar it happens when I had (previously) have a sleeping paralysis to dreaming this ghost :(
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136865&p=655803#p655803

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 am

Jiru wrote:
BrooksWindow wrote:
Jiru wrote:
The mind is amazing !

peace,

:neer:

Guys! Do you think my dreams about a ghost and my complaints of sleeping problems are related! They are eerily similar. Especially the same tired, sleepy and heavy eyes I kept having when I realized how similar it happens when I had (previously) have a sleeping paralysis to dreaming this ghost :(
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136865&p=655803#p655803

Some people believe that these kinds of sleep paralysis episodes are truly a spiritual entity trying to crush the life from them.
They feel as if there must be some spiritual way to combat what's happening to them, and if it helps to say a prayer the certainly feel free to try
But here are some ideas to prevent or break free of a sleep paralysis attack
change the way you lay down, laying on your back your more likely to have problems, put a tennis ball inside your shirt this prevents your from rolling onto your back while asleep
make small motions, when you discover yourself in a sleep paralysis state or when your eyes are aware of what is happening but you cannot move or make a sound because you are paralyzed, is to concentrate on moving a finger, or your lip, any movement of any part of the body will release the grip of the paralysis, humming or groaning instead of trying for a full word like help, ect ....
Go back to sleep, if your unable to break free from the paralysis and it's scaring you, go back to sleep, your eyes are the only part of your body that you can control in paralysis , so just close them you will fall back asleep.
Learn to relax, try some relaxing yoga before sleep your breathing is important to the quality of sleep you have.
knowledge may be the best defense against the condition that sleep paralysis promotes
knowing that such an experience is not an instance of demonic possession or an act of evil sitting watching us or touching us
It is simply a physical condition based on a badly timed sleep cycle ( specifically the inappropriate intrusion of the normal paralysis of REM sleep into our sleep-wake transitions ) tell yourself there is nothing freakish or uncommon going on here.
As scary as it may be it is not real, it is not dangerous, it can not hurt you.
the mind is a powerful thing with it you can learn to control your dreaming experiences for the better
try to keep a clear head tell yourself there is nothing wrong with your mind you are not going crazy , You are not going to die !, You will live through it, you have before ! Some feel guilt thinking some spirit is punishing them for something they've done, some try to prolong the experience to learn why its happening, what they have done to cause this.
In reality you can learn to control by entering a dream state where your aware that you are dreaming, controlling the content of the dream
You can go anywhere your mind can create to
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:01 am

Jiru wrote:Brooks, can you tell me how you can tell if you're having sleep paralysis?

Do you:

- feel like there's a kind of feeling that seems to pound on you

- paralized but awake? In my case, I cant open my eyes. For some reason, my eyelids are too heavy (I know I'm sleepy but even my eyelids are too heavy! Last time, I was halfway in opening my eyes but before I knew it, I had my eyes closed back and I even forgot what I was doing even if I was panicking!)

- Hard time breathing

- Last time I have sleep paralysis, it was raining outside but to me, it sounded like there are people laughing at me and since I cant open my eyes, all I see was darkness so imagine you're fright when you can only see darkness and what you thought was people laughing at you everywhere

I think I had sleep paralysis last night (I think it was somewhere in 1-3 AM cuz I almost forgot that I even had another episode!) Anyways, I suddenly woke up for no reason but I cant open my eyes again and I heard 'voices' around me like it was angry and I was so scared that I called out for help to God and prayed Our Father until I dozzed off like nothing happened (I don't usually doze off when I have sleep paralysis cuz it keeps me up all night)

Anyways, I haven't had another episode for MONTHS ever since I stopped sleeping on my back but at that night, it felt like something was wrong, maybe that was why I called out and prayed to God and I kept feeling that something like a pulse or urge thingy (I cant really describe it) that SEEMINGLY makes me paralize or can't open or think righ i.e disoriented. Or something like that.

Anyways, on my previous episodes, I also tried calming down to move my arms which worked but after a few seconds, the paralysis came back! Weird... I also tried calming down last night but there was that feeling (scared?) that I should just call out to God or pray instead.

Anyways, the point is. Do you feel anything aside the hard time to breathe? What is its symptoms?

Sometimes, I think I read too much paranormal stories... sorry for mispellings but I'm in a hurry.

by BrooksWindow » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:57 pm

SLEEP PARALYSIS
Imagine falling asleep with fully mobile limbs, only to awaken inexplicably paralyzed.
However you try, your unable to move. Not the wiggle of a toe, Nor the stretch of an arm, Or a quiver of a lip
And you have good cause for lip quivering because there's something else in the rom with you-something sinister, something other-worldly
whatever it is, it's definitely not good.
It can loom over you and then pounce on your chest, crushing the breath from you.
Dread splashes over you, flushing you tip to toe. You try hard to stir your stunned nerves into action but it's impossible
you cannot move anything and that thing on your chest is getting closer and closer to cutting off your air supply
Welcome to the exquisite terror of sleep paralysis!

Sleep paralysis is a period of head to toe immobility, except for the eyes. this lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
People struck by SP find their breathing more labored, they experience fear,
This feeling enhanced by not being able to move their limbs, difficulty breathing, and the sense that something or someone else is in the room ( often mythically )
characterized as old hags, incubi, succubi, or something supernatural in many forms such as creatures. the creature is usually interpreted as something scary that may want to suffocate the person or suck the breath out of them.
These hallucinations can occur during the transition from wakefulness to sleep ( called hypnagogic hallucinations) people experiencing SP may feel tingling or shaking sensations or brilliant explosions of lights, some feel trapped inside their heads. Reports of seeing tunnels and lights, buzzing ringing sounds, feel like their floating, out of body experience, these are accompanied by fear and rarely fall into blissful state.
Sleep paralysis is probably the most fantastic and lore-ridden of all parasomnias , Sleep paralysis is something special and mysterious , A straddling of the threshold between inner fantasy and outer reality.
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:06 am

Jiru wrote:Brooks, can you tell me how you can tell if you're having sleep paralysis?

Do you:

- feel like there's a kind of feeling that seems to pound on you

- paralized but awake? In my case, I cant open my eyes. For some reason, my eyelids are too heavy (I know I'm sleepy but even my eyelids are too heavy! Last time, I was halfway in opening my eyes but before I knew it, I had my eyes closed back and I even forgot what I was doing even if I was panicking!)

- Hard time breathing

- Last time I have sleep paralysis, it was raining outside but to me, it sounded like there are people laughing at me and since I cant open my eyes, all I see was darkness so imagine you're fright when you can only see darkness and what you thought was people laughing at you everywhere

I think I had sleep paralysis last night (I think it was somewhere in 1-3 AM cuz I almost forgot that I even had another episode!) Anyways, I suddenly woke up for no reason but I cant open my eyes again and I heard 'voices' around me like it was angry and I was so scared that I called out for help to God and prayed Our Father until I dozzed off like nothing happened (I don't usually doze off when I have sleep paralysis cuz it keeps me up all night)

Anyways, I haven't had another episode for MONTHS ever since I stopped sleeping on my back but at that night, it felt like something was wrong, maybe that was why I called out and prayed to God and I kept feeling that something like a pulse or urge thingy (I cant really describe it) that SEEMINGLY makes me paralize or can't open or think righ i.e disoriented. Or something like that.

Anyways, on my previous episodes, I also tried calming down to move my arms which worked but after a few seconds, the paralysis came back! Weird... I also tried calming down last night but there was that feeling (scared?) that I should just call out to God or pray instead.

Anyways, the point is. Do you feel anything aside the hard time to breathe? What is its symptoms?

Sometimes, I think I read too much paranormal stories... sorry for mispellings but I'm in a hurry.

Some people believe that these kinds of sleep paralysis episodes are truly a spiritual entity trying to crush the life from them.
They feel as if there must be some spiritual way to combat what's happening to them, and if it helps to say a prayer the certainly feel free to try
But here are some ideas to prevent or break free of a sleep paralysis attack
change the way you lay down, laying on your back your more likely to have problems, put a tennis ball inside your shirt this prevents your from rolling onto your back while asleep
make small motions, when you discover yourself in a sleep paralysis state or when your eyes are aware of what is happening but you cannot move or make a sound because you are paralyzed, is to concentrate on moving a finger, or your lip, any movement of any part of the body will release the grip of the paralysis, humming or groaning instead of trying for a full word like help, ect ....
Go back to sleep, if your unable to break free from the paralysis and it's scaring you, go back to sleep, your eyes are the only part of your body that you can control in paralysis , so just close them you will fall back asleep.
Learn to relax, try some relaxing yoga before sleep your breathing is important to the quality of sleep you have.
knowledge may be the best defense against the condition that sleep paralysis promotes
knowing that such an experience is not an instance of demonic possession or an act of evil sitting watching us or touching us
It is simply a physical condition based on a badly timed sleep cycle ( specifically the inappropriate intrusion of the normal paralysis of REM sleep into our sleep-wake transitions ) tell yourself there is nothing freakish or uncommon going on here.
As scary as it may be it is not real, it is not dangerous, it can not hurt you.
the mind is a powerful thing with it you can learn to control your dreaming experiences for the better
try to keep a clear head tell yourself there is nothing wrong with your mind you are not going crazy , You are not going to die !, You will live through it, you have before ! Some feel guilt thinking some spirit is punishing them for something they've done, some try to prolong the experience to learn why its happening, what they have done to cause this.
In reality you can learn to control by entering a dream state where your aware that you are dreaming, controlling the content of the dream
You can go anywhere your mind can create to

BrooksWindowDream Warrior
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:29 pm

I think we as human beings are here to share our thoughts our dreams our unique personalities...we all have something to offer each other, We all leave a part of us with those we meet be it good, bad, or indifferent... Our world has become negative and racist, full of jealousy and rage. This is how we have been raised, bred on blaming others for our failures, generations of idiots..I am one of them. I want to share what happened to me maybe its the only reason i am alive now because i shouldn't be. if i had died I know i would not be in a good place now. I always thought i was a good person, But evidently not good enough and without a doubt there is something that happens after the body dies ..I was instantly aware that there was this greater level that was beyond where i was...I felt disconnected from the greater power because I was being held accountable for every thought and every action, for every one I ever caused any harm to or hurt in any way, especially emotionally , I was accountable. I saw visions all the way into the future of what was a direct result of my actions, and how it effected the quality of life for the ones I left behind, As well as those i merely crossed paths with along the way. My life flashed before my eyes in a way i obviously failed to see it.. .. how i acted in life and the way I made others feel was ever present in the quality of how I would die. I felt great sadness, shame, and guilt squeezing tight, All around me was darkness and total despair. I had an understanding that i was beginning a journey. I had an understanding that we are all apart of it...We all came from it and we will return to, but I did not see any white light, no angels, no friendly faces to greet me into the hereafter. I knew i was in trouble .....I felt myself being pulled down down down until I slammed into my body and when I did hit my body it felt as if I smashed through floors, when it stopped I was trapped inside a body that felt it weighed a ton I could not breath as if I was at the bottom of a pool drowned. I felt my soul enter my body and i have a chance to make things right...... :heartpump:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:20 pm

had a near death experience? please share ..................
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:20 am

BrooksWindow wrote:had a near death experience? please share ..................

Good luck with your back surgery. Get Well soon.

I think I shared my NDE's with you before....
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby nastyaheyyo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 pm

I used to have sleep problems I still have but not severe anymore
nastyaheyyo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Janetha » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:06 pm

I am a new member to the sleep discussion and decided I should start off slowly...but my goodness, the things I've read about cats, and all has been enlightening. I'll enjoy this forum and l others I am sure! :heartpump: :heartpump: :)
Janetha
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BrooksWindow » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 pm

:boogie: have you had a dream so cool , you tried to continue it the next night? :dreams:
and if you did, how did you do it ? :cheers:
and what was it about ? :?:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 pm

:cabbagepatch: Hello ,, Its cool to find this thread is still here ,its been awhile since ive been online ... :computer: .
i have missed all the interesting conversations that have taken place throughout this site and how people make such a difference in the world we live in :icecream:
:blowingkisses: My respect and gratitude to all of you i call my friends. :heartpump:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

This is all ordinary stuff you can find on any website about sleep.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 am

Wet dreams. BFD.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:14 am

Hi Sheena ........and your point is ??