Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help me!

Talk about diet plans, exercise regimen, weight training, stress managment, food, addictions, self-improvement and ways to get and stay healthy.

Help me!

Postby DreamNerd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 am

So, I really would like to lose a little weight. I'm not fat, but I'm a bit chubby, and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. Everything I tried doesn't help at all, I tried diets, exercising, running, swimming, everything, but nothing works for me. Any tips?
Rules are meant to be broken. What's the point of living, if somebody else is only telling you what to do?
DreamNerd
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Help me!

Postby tropicalheatwave » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

DreamNerd wrote:Everything I tried doesn't help at all, I tried diets, exercising, running, swimming, everything, but nothing works for me.
if you seriously tried all that and are not cheating yourself then i'm guessing that you are naturally chubby. which is perfectly fine. i know alot of people at the gym who workout all the time and are in excellent shape and their still chubby. thats just the way their bodies are. everyone has a different body type.
DreamNerd wrote:Any tips?
just continue to eat healthy and exercise. if you lose weight then good, if not then so what.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby amstevens23 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

im currently taking a nutrition class. i'm going through a nursing program and we are on wellness and fitness and what i have learned is that low intensity work outs actually burn more fat than vigorus work outs. the reason why people think carbs are bad for weight loss is because when you are working out your body uses carbs for energy (calories.) when you have too much carbs your body only works off the carbs and does not use the fat for energy, fat is not entirely bad--in fact your heart actually only uses fat for energy, but when you eat too much of it thats when you start having the cardiac problems as we normally hear about. You only eat more protein if you want to bulk up on muscles, if you cut out fat and carbs from your diet and exercise-- you would look like a starving kid in africa, the reason their stomachs puff up when they starve is because their body is using their protein from their muscles for energy (to stay alive.) eating healthy would really benefit in weight loss and staying active whether low or high intensity work outs, i would suggest to start from working on your insides and your outsides would follow... start reading labels and you'll be awesome! :apple:
amstevens23
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Dngr1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 am

I credit my own success in weight loss to SWEET POISON, it's a book about the extremely bad health problems associated with sugar and why its so much worse than fat. It works, its not a diet, but it takes alot of work to get into a habit of not eating sugar ( about 20 days ) but once you stop, food tastes better, you never get bloated, you'll slim to your natural body weight, which shouldn't be chubby. if u need help or anything hit me back on David.Twyman@Hotmail.com and make the subject Health Advice.
Dngr1
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm

You might have an underactive thyroid. Inability to lose weight despite diet and exercise is one of the symptoms. Others are constant fatigue and hair loss. Have you had your thyroid checked?
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby paulo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 am

stop chopping and changing from excersise, to diet , to this to that , choose one path and stick to it and have patients, i would recommend a little yoga, a little runnning and a healthy diet that is not too strict, drink plenty of water and stick to it... the you will become the person you were ment to be.
it dosnt help to think that there is a quick fix, cause there isnt (except diet drugs which will make you look sick inside and out )
good luck
paulo
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dngr1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I just want to do an update. Scrap that sweet poison book, I was wrong. I only lost weight cos I was doing cross country training. I put back on about 25 pounds after that. Then I found the 80/10/10 diet which is basically eating fruits and vegetables, no oil and minimal nuts seeds and avocados. I put on a bit of weight atfirst, but came offaafter a while. Also I just feel so much better
Dngr1
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Health And Fitness