Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Cant get to bed. Ugh!

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Cant get to bed. Ugh!

Postby emerlander » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:46 am

ok This is quite silly but this is my problem. I was so into lucid dreaming and all when I was 15. I stopped in a year. It's been on and off since. I'm 22 now.

Anyway, straight to the point now. I often find it very hard to get to bed on time. It's not even like I have any work to do. I just feel I need to chill out more and do one thing or the other online. Thing is, those useless surfing online or chatting with online friends (Who dont seem to consider me as a real friend) doesn't really make me relaxed or anything. I just feel I hadn't enjoyed the day enough and must relax in the night in order to feel good.

Naturally, sleeping for 6 hours a night and expecting lucid dreams is silly. I have enough time in most days to sleep 8 hours if I go to bed on time. I just thought I'd get involved in some lucid forums to get more motivation and accountability with regards to getting to bed on time. Dreammoods came to my mind first cause I used to visit here regularly when I was 15.

So a big hi to everyone :D And any thoughts or suggestions? :)
emerlander
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Cant get to bed. Ugh!

Postby PinkMellow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 pm

I had the same problem as you. The problem is you aren't going to bed when your brain is telling you to! I wondered why I couldn't fall asleep, and then I realized at the time of night where I was most tired and probably would have fallen asleep immediately, I felt like it was so early and I thought of all the things I could be doing and so I would ignore that feeling. Eventually after playing so many games or going on youtube, the feeling passed because I stimulated my brain again, and by then it was really late and I couldn't fall asleep so the next day I was exhausted! It may be tough to do, but no matter how early it is, when your brain tells you it's time to sleep, do! Minimize distractions, and learn how to tell yourself no, and that you need sleep, and remind yourself that if you go to bed now you will be more well rested and can get up earlier and have more day time to do all the things you want to do. In short: Go to bed when you feel sleepy, regardless of the time!
PinkMellow
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Cant get to bed. Ugh!

Postby dreamer411 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 pm

I can't sleep at all until around 4:00 in the morning. I function almost completely normally with very little sleep. No temperament change or groggy thoughts or anything. :)
Welcome to my nightmare.
dreamer411
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Lucid Dreams