Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

My FIRST Lucid Dream!!

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

My FIRST Lucid Dream!!

Postby Socalsurfer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 am

So last night I had my very first lucid dream, two, actually. My dream recall on my lucid dreams seems to be alot worse than regular dreams but I can still remember all the abilities I was able to use. The very first thing I did when I realized I was in a dream and did not wake up was start to levitate, and then soar through the skies without wings or craft but after a few miles I could not go any further. I then proceeded to shoot lazers out of my hands like it was a gun and move objects with my mind. AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for my next lucid dream experience.
I am curious does anyone else have problems with limits to the things they can do? Such as me not being able to fly after a certain amount of distance/time or unable to continue to shoot lazers after going a litte trigger happy.
Socalsurfer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: My FIRST Lucid Dream!!

Postby dream23 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I have been having the same problem---I actually have lucid dreams fairly often (I'm told) about once or twice a month and more when I'm trying. The problem is I will realize I'm dreaming, but not be able to change very much in the dream except my own reactions to events, like in reality. lol I did dream I was flying once and had the same thing---I couldn't actually go more than about two miles off the ground. My theory is this is because our conscious brain is SO used to operating within established realities/boundaries, that even when we realize we are dreaming, our conscious mind hinders us from taking things past what they think possible. I'm going to test this by daydreaming of impossible things more during my waking hours and thus training myself to be able to do greater things while dreaming. What do you think?
dream23
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby NightyNight » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Pretend you are playing the freaking BEST VIDEO GAME EVER and in that game you can do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING. and as for the limitations, that happens until you start to get REALLY good at LDs. Good luck! :dreams:
NightyNight
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TheBlaze » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:13 am

You should try and pull someone out of the mirror.My fav thing to do in LDs is time travel.
You'll get better I'm sure.

you can do anything in LDs if you put your mind to it.- TheBlaze
There Is A Fire In all of our hearts. Unleash yours
-TheBlaze -
TheBlaze
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby TheBlaze » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 am

Oh, I Am A lucid dreamer Nightly. Try keeping a journal
There Is A Fire In all of our hearts. Unleash yours
-TheBlaze -