Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

 

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can you fall in love online?

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby misha666 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
SharA2 wrote:I think people who are damaged from prior relationship seem to prefer online relationships more over face to face ones -- the distance is a form of protecting their hearts.

That makes sence. Not for all people I think but some yes.

yes it does make sence to me too. I still talk or text with my friend and i think he does it the most when he's loanly, and i don't mind it either because i feel loanly sometimes too.
Live by the Sun☼Love by the Moon
User avatar
misha666
captivating heart
captivating heart
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: chicago

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby Jeff_in_Time » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

But you and him know what the score was to begin with, right.
And ya both remained friends.
If he hurt you you'd never talk to him now, would you?
User avatar
Jeff_in_Time
J'effing Cool
J'effing Cool
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby misha666 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Jeff_in_Time wrote:But you and him know what the score was to begin with, right.
And ya both remained friends.
If he hurt you you'd never talk to him now, would you?

yes we both knew it and i guess we remained friends because we both knew somuch about each other and had so much in common.

we both grew up with out a mom
have anemia
same age
and been hurt enough to stay away from strangers.

so much more but anyway we have decided that if were both single at 40 then will get together to
grow old and keep each other company :lol:
Live by the Sun☼Love by the Moon
User avatar
misha666
captivating heart
captivating heart
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: chicago

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby alteredmind » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 pm

@Jeff In time: What do you mean?

a guy who is either rich, a pro player or a celebrity. All women have to do is just have a online account and a pick, they can wright anything they want, the guy won't care unless he is looking for a permanent relationship. There's also, cheating wives or people on the net looking for guys to use or for another reason other then then love or sex. when women want to try online love as you call it, it is because They know that there is tons of guys on there and it is just something that they do rarely. Besides Most of the women profiles are fake unless it's Facebook or something like that. I Take back what I have said before although I've tried the online thing and found it to be pointless at least for me. What I mentioned in this post has been what I have heard from gossip over the years about online love or dating. I have never tried something like Facebook but maybe one day I might give it a try.
User avatar
alteredmind
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby MightyWings » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:14 am

well I think that if they live close and meet on internet and then continue meeting in real life then it's possible it would work out.
But if they live far away then the chance is quite small, it's much easier to imagine that person to be some way while they are the opposite of your impression of them.
So it also depends on what kind of people they are. I fell in love online once and it didn't work out. It could have, if the other person wouldn't lie, flirt with other ppl and in the end choose to stay with them etc. It also sucks to not be able to meet up the person everyday irl etc etc. I wouldn't recomend an online relationship. Especially not a long distance one. But as a meeting place inet is quite ok I guess, as long as the involved ones don't lie or are some kind of maniacs/ killers :P
MightyWings
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Can you fall in love online?

Postby CeciliaMystic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 am

Well there is sites for people who actually falls in love like Eharmony or Match.Com...but it cost money :P
    Sooo i have no positive comments for this thread :bored:
    "Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
    CeciliaMystic
    Dream Warrior
    Dream Warrior
     
    Posts: 817
    Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 am
    Location: Anywhere but home

    Re: Can you fall in love online?

    Postby Jeff_in_Time » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 am

    :lol: Cecilia I meant regular online foruming, IMing peeps.
    true they do have those e-dating sites that hook peeps up online first.

    @Alteredmind
    I mean like on this site you meet a girl you hit off and talk for a while, can you fall in REAL love with that other person if you never meet?
    Can a strictly online relationship be a in love relationship, like a rl one is?

    @ Mightywings-
    Yeah, they definitely need to meet right off, I think and keep meeting for it to be real.
    Don't ya if it is distance only love th idea of the other person, not really love them?
    User avatar
    Jeff_in_Time
    J'effing Cool
    J'effing Cool
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

    Re: Can you fall in love online?

    Postby MightyWings » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am

    Jeff_in_Time wrote:@ Mightywings-
    Yeah, they definitely need to meet right off, I think and keep meeting for it to be real.
    Don't ya if it is distance only love th idea of the other person, not really love them?


    That's how it is, definately. You love the screen in front of you and the fantasy you've got.
    Then it just hurts and when it's over you realise you barely even know that person on the other side of the screen. And you waste a lot of time from your life in front of the pc.
    Why do you ask? are you considering a relationship online? It's countless negative stuff and only one positive thing about online relationships; when they are over, you can simply block that person on the internet and you don't have to see/hear/meet him/her ever again :D
    MightyWings
    Dream Child
    Dream Child
     
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 am

    Re: Can you fall in love online?

    Postby Jeff_in_Time » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

    Nah, I'd never do an online relationship.
    I had a bud when had a few secret cyber ones doing it behind his Gf's back.
    I knew and I told her on him.

    Later he told some of us he fell in love with one of the cybering chicks.
    That is how this thread came about, to be honest.
    User avatar
    Jeff_in_Time
    J'effing Cool
    J'effing Cool
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

    Re: Can you fall in love online?

    Postby CeciliaMystic » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:02 am

    Jeff_in_Time wrote::lol: Cecilia I meant regular online foruming, IMing peeps.
    true they do have those e-dating sites that hook peeps up online first.

    Oooh you meant like on here and other chatting sites? :lol:
      Well...i honestly don't know about that :?
      "Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
      CeciliaMystic
      Dream Warrior
      Dream Warrior
       
      Posts: 817
      Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 am
      Location: Anywhere but home

      Re: Can you fall in love online?

      Postby Xwikki » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm

      CeciliaMystic wrote:Well there is sites for people who actually falls in love like Eharmony or Match.Com...but it cost money :P
        Sooo i have no positive comments for this thread :bored:

        I do agree. I dislike the idea of 'paying for love' so to speak.

        Jeff_in_Time wrote:Nah, I'd never do an online relationship.
        I had a bud when had a few secret cyber ones doing it behind his Gf's back.
        I knew and I told her on him.

        Later he told some of us he fell in love with one of the cybering chicks.
        That is how this thread came about, to be honest.

        And that's absolute bullshit. I notice you said 'one' of them, meaning he had several on the go. I'm sorry but, I may not have the experiences to back it up but I really do doubt 'love' is much like picking your favourite out of a set.


        But it is strange how the world works sometimes. And I wouldn't doubt the possibility of spontaneously coming across someone online who has absolutely the same interests as you and you both get on smashingly. It's all about dedication and patience though. It's difficult to really know someone online and you have to have excellent communication skills in order to pull it off.
        My head is tilted skyward,
        eyes searching the night.
        Forgive me, I'm a dreamer.
        -Cay Lin.

        "Pooh!" he whispered.
        "Yes, Piglet?"
        "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
        User avatar
        Xwikki
        Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
        Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
         
        Posts: 10973
        Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
        Location: England

        Re: Can you fall in love online?

        Postby CeciliaMystic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 am

        I agree with Vikki lol :lol:
          I think people should really prefer meeting people outside of the internet because you never know if that person's picture is fake or if he/she has a fake background...people aren't always who you assume them to be. 8-)
            I say go out and find someone if you really want to fall in love...don't just sit at your computer or laptop like a loveless robot...and if you want to,then just be careful..that is all :)
            "Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
            CeciliaMystic
            Dream Warrior
            Dream Warrior
             
            Posts: 817
            Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 am
            Location: Anywhere but home

            Re: Can you fall in love online?

            Postby irrevocably » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 am

            hahmed7 wrote::D Just like there is love at first sight.....

            There is love at first type...:

            priceless lmao! :harhar:
            be careful, some women look for warmth.... but it is only because in there heart; they´re cold...
            irrevocably
            Dream Warrior
            Dream Warrior
             
            Posts: 952
            Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 am
            Location: u.s.a.

            Re: Can you fall in love online?

            Postby irrevocably » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:54 am

            CeciliaMystic wrote:I agree with Vikki lol :lol:
              I think people should really prefer meeting people outside of the internet because you never know if that person's picture is fake or if he/she has a fake background...people aren't always who you assume them to be. 8-)
                I say go out and find someone if you really want to fall in love...don't just sit at your computer or laptop like a loveless robot...and if you want to,then just be careful..that is all :)

                you could always online video chat - i'm sure that would certify the identity... :P
                be careful, some women look for warmth.... but it is only because in there heart; they´re cold...
                irrevocably
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 952
                Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 am
                Location: u.s.a.

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Xwikki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 am

                irrevocably wrote:you could always online video chat - i'm sure that would certify the identity... :P

                Hello!

                And I agree. If they're iffy about then it gives you two reasons: they're 80 years old and go by the name of Victor Von Jolly... or they're just shy. :lol:
                My head is tilted skyward,
                eyes searching the night.
                Forgive me, I'm a dreamer.
                -Cay Lin.

                "Pooh!" he whispered.
                "Yes, Piglet?"
                "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
                User avatar
                Xwikki
                Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
                Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
                 
                Posts: 10973
                Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
                Location: England

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Nostalgic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 am

                I was reading stuff nz and there's a new smart phone app that tells you if singles are close by. You just need to message and bump into each other if their profile interests you.

                They predict it to cause more stalker type issues and some think it will be great.
                Image Image
                Nostalgic
                Mord-Sith
                Mord-Sith
                 
                Posts: 8231
                Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Xwikki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 am

                My friend has something like that. It tells them how far away they are from you, pretty freakay. There was one she was talking to which apparently was like, less than a 100 feet away. Most of them are just people looking for cyber sex.
                My head is tilted skyward,
                eyes searching the night.
                Forgive me, I'm a dreamer.
                -Cay Lin.

                "Pooh!" he whispered.
                "Yes, Piglet?"
                "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
                User avatar
                Xwikki
                Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
                Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
                 
                Posts: 10973
                Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
                Location: England

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Nostalgic » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:36 pm

                I can imagine it would attract cyber sexers. I thought it would have some kind of official dating site and the app if you belong?
                Image Image
                Nostalgic
                Mord-Sith
                Mord-Sith
                 
                Posts: 8231
                Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Nostalgic » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 pm

                How did you bump the post without posting?
                It changed the date of my post and says bumped by Jeff in my post.
                Strange. Never saw that before.
                Do tell, I wants to learn :D
                Image Image
                Nostalgic
                Mord-Sith
                Mord-Sith
                 
                Posts: 8231
                Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby JeremyM » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:43 pm

                I'm going to say no, sorry folks.

                Love has to be real, in your world, not only in your cyber world. I guess a few manage it but what were they missing in their real lives they had to go cyber?
                "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
                User avatar
                JeremyM
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 1403
                Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:16 pm

                Nostalgic wrote:How did you bump the post without posting?
                It changed the date of my post and says bumped by Jeff in my post.
                Strange. Never saw that before.
                Do tell, I wants to learn :D


                I gots mad powers. :D
                Nah, you can bump too.
                Any old thread you've made that has not been posted on forever you can bump it.
                Go find an old thread make it a few months old and see.
                Bump topic is at bottom of your profile.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby VenusInChains » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

                Well, back when the internet wasn't around, people used to be penfriends. It was a hell of a lot slower to keep in contact. Mobile phones weren't mainstreem because they were so expsensive, so there was no text and no instant messages. Did these relationships work? Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. You know how I know? My mother and my father were penfriends, and I am a product of their love. So, if you can fall in love with someone by their letters, then surely the same can happen online.
                I was here.
                User avatar
                VenusInChains
                Out Of This World
                Out Of This World
                 
                Posts: 1290
                Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 pm
                Location: Elsewhere

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Nostalgic » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:47 am

                Jeff_in_Time wrote:
                Nostalgic wrote:How did you bump the post without posting?
                It changed the date of my post and says bumped by Jeff in my post.
                Strange. Never saw that before.
                Do tell, I wants to learn :D


                I gots mad powers. :D
                Nah, you can bump too.
                Any old thread you've made that has not been posted on forever you can bump it.
                Go find an old thread make it a few months old and see.
                Bump topic is at bottom of your profile.

                I looked, I'm blind :(
                Image Image
                Nostalgic
                Mord-Sith
                Mord-Sith
                 
                Posts: 8231
                Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby CharlieRose » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:46 pm

                Well... It's been two years now and it's not like i haven't tried to get over him, but it keeps getting worse. So Yes, it's possible. It's an extremely bad idea though, considering my own emotional state. Then again, when i make a solid decision, i don't react well to having it ripped out from under me. Thinking about it though, if a relationship that lasts two months does this to me, is it really a good idea to pursue relationships at all? More thinking, i don't want to date other people and have my heart broken so many times that i just get used to it. That seems like something really sad to happen to a person. I've tried going out with other people, but then i just feel like ice is collecting in my chest, and i have to fight through the whole thing just to seem like a somewhat emotionally stable human being at all. And not have a complete breakdown/panic attack or just seem completely bored.

                I'm completely positive that my experience is not exactly the norm adding the fact that i was emotionally unstable to begin with.
                Either way: Yes, you can fall in love with someone just e-mailing them back and forth. I believe that it's an extremely bad idea.
                http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112579

                Shameless self advertising for a story I wrote. Nothing more.
                User avatar
                CharlieRose
                Dream Seeker
                Dream Seeker
                 
                Posts: 347
                Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:21 pm
                Location: On the edge.

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Adityasb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 am

                It may happen but it's not wise to believe in online love coz there's all sort of scammers on different social website. So beware.
                The first step towards success is to dream.
                User avatar
                Adityasb
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 664
                Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm
                Location: in her mind

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:07 pm

                VenusInChains wrote:Well, back when the internet wasn't around, people used to be penfriends. It was a hell of a lot slower to keep in contact. Mobile phones weren't mainstreem because they were so expsensive, so there was no text and no instant messages. Did these relationships work? Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. You know how I know? My mother and my father were penfriends, and I am a product of their love. So, if you can fall in love with someone by their letters, then surely the same can happen online.


                I must be a romantic, cuz I love reading stories like that, Venus.
                Just by actual letter writing is fantastic, you can say so much in written word.
                Stuff you'd be to shy to say in person sometimes.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:12 pm

                CharlieRose wrote:Well... It's been two years now and it's not like i haven't tried to get over him, but it keeps getting worse. So Yes, it's possible. It's an extremely bad idea though, considering my own emotional state. Then again, when i make a solid decision, i don't react well to having it ripped out from under me. Thinking about it though, if a relationship that lasts two months does this to me, is it really a good idea to pursue relationships at all? More thinking, i don't want to date other people and have my heart broken so many times that i just get used to it. That seems like something really sad to happen to a person. I've tried going out with other people, but then i just feel like ice is collecting in my chest, and i have to fight through the whole thing just to seem like a somewhat emotionally stable human being at all. And not have a complete breakdown/panic attack or just seem completely bored.

                I'm completely positive that my experience is not exactly the norm adding the fact that i was emotionally unstable to begin with.
                Either way: Yes, you can fall in love with someone just e-mailing them back and forth. I believe that it's an extremely bad idea.


                2 yrs and you still love this guy, Charlie? You fell bad.
                Was he who he claimed to be, was he a liar? Did you ever meet up?
                Did you get any closure with this guy?

                @ Adity.
                I think there are too many scammers too, if you never see a pic of them, forget them.
                They are probably fake.
                If someone sounds to good to be true, they probably are not true, imo.
                Not always, but in a lot of cases.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Adityasb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:05 am

                Ya, especially in the website www.ownskin.com. I nearly got scammed as I realised the truth in time.
                The first step towards success is to dream.
                User avatar
                Adityasb
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 664
                Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm
                Location: in her mind

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby CharlieRose » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:22 am

                Jeff_in_Time wrote:
                CharlieRose wrote:Well... It's been two years now and it's not like i haven't tried to get over him, but it keeps getting worse. So Yes, it's possible. It's an extremely bad idea though, considering my own emotional state. Then again, when i make a solid decision, i don't react well to having it ripped out from under me. Thinking about it though, if a relationship that lasts two months does this to me, is it really a good idea to pursue relationships at all? More thinking, i don't want to date other people and have my heart broken so many times that i just get used to it. That seems like something really sad to happen to a person. I've tried going out with other people, but then i just feel like ice is collecting in my chest, and i have to fight through the whole thing just to seem like a somewhat emotionally stable human being at all. And not have a complete breakdown/panic attack or just seem completely bored.

                I'm completely positive that my experience is not exactly the norm adding the fact that i was emotionally unstable to begin with.
                Either way: Yes, you can fall in love with someone just e-mailing them back and forth. I believe that it's an extremely bad idea.


                2 yrs and you still love this guy, Charlie? You fell bad.
                Was he who he claimed to be, was he a liar? Did you ever meet up?
                Did you get any closure with this guy?


                He was who he claimed to be, actually, down to the laces on his shoes. We never met up, but we made plans to. I'm still in love with him, he just fell out of love with me. That's not even something i can be mad at him for, because that's just what happens. I've never been the kind of person to really play games and date, i just know what i want, i always have. He wasn't that kind of person. Honestly i just really want him to be happy, but it kills me to not know weather or not he is. He was the best friend i ever had, and now i don't even know if he's alive. Honestly if i could change anything i'd rater still have my friend than anything else.
                http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112579

                Shameless self advertising for a story I wrote. Nothing more.
                User avatar
                CharlieRose
                Dream Seeker
                Dream Seeker
                 
                Posts: 347
                Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:21 pm
                Location: On the edge.

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm

                I am going to say yes. My friend and I met on a forum six years ago and are still good friends today.
                We talked a lot and he probably understands me better than anyone, even my ex.
                We never shared photos but he has a very charming personality so I have always had a crush on him.
                I visited his country last year and we met up for the first time. Spent two days and a night together..
                Honestly, if I hadn't known his personality I probably wouldn't find myself attracted to him.
                I believe you can fall in love with a personality rather than someone's physical appearance. Love at first sight is just infatuation.
                It was heartbreaking having to leave him and we tried an online relationship afterwards for a few months but realistically it just doesn't work.
                If it was possible and less complicated I would move countries for him but a relationship is still a big thing to gamble on unfortunately.
                User avatar
                Jabberwocky
                DM Lurker
                DM Lurker
                 
                Posts: 8
                Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:20 pm
                Location: Brisbane, Australia

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 pm

                Thanks, Charlierose and Jabberwocky.

                Bumping this up.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby SharA2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 am

                I still believe what I originally believed when you created this thread -- I think for myself, absolutely not, for others perhaps. If people are honest and not deceptive.
                And I want to wake up with the rain
                Falling on a tin roof
                While I'm safe there in your arms
                So all I ask is for you
                To come away with me in the night
                Come away with me
                Image
                User avatar
                SharA2
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 1644
                Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Vulcanoid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 pm

                Yes you can fall in love online, but an online relationship is never going to work.
                Be good. And if you're not, be good at being bad
                User avatar
                Vulcanoid
                MADness by design
                MADness by design
                 
                Posts: 1284
                Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:30 am
                Location: Númenórë

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby WolvenPrince » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:46 am

                I agree with Vulcanoid. You need real-time human interaction for true healthy relationships to thrive and sustain themselves.
                .
                ..................................................Image................................

                "The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."
                User avatar
                WolvenPrince
                Dream Seeker
                Dream Seeker
                 
                Posts: 144
                Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm
                Location: Earth, but I have my doubts..

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby sayuri » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

                I still stand by what I said previously, but would like to add to it. Everybody has their own preferences, most people prefer being with someone in real life as opposed to online for obvious reasons (i.e cuddling and whatnot). I too agree with Vulcanoid, In saying that real relationships are healthier, but on the other hand if you see each other every second of the day, then the relationship wears, which is where i guess online relationships might work because then you don't see them every second and can cherish that time together.Both, in my opinion have their pro's and cons. :D
                "The fairy poet takes a sheet
                Of moonbeam, silver white;
                His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
                His pen a point of light."
                ~Joyce Kilmer
                User avatar
                sayuri
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 2360
                Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 am
                Location: In the seas of an abyssmal dream

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

                Vulcanoid wrote:Yes you can fall in love online, but an online relationship is never going to work.


                I agree on probably not going to work.
                Do you think online it is actually love, or a cyber lust version masking as love?
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 am

                sayuri wrote:I still stand by what I said previously, but would like to add to it. Everybody has their own preferences, most people prefer being with someone in real life as opposed to online for obvious reasons (i.e cuddling and whatnot). I too agree with Vulcanoid, In saying that real relationships are healthier, but on the other hand if you see each other every second of the day, then the relationship wears, which is where i guess online relationships might work because then you don't see them every second and can cherish that time together.Both, in my opinion have their pro's and cons. :D


                I agree with you, peeps do prefer the one on one real life relationships.
                Bad day, a cyber talk, or phone talk might not cut through the pain as well.
                Yeah, you hit it, the not daily creates a fantasy of more perfection in the minds, is that real, probably not.
                But if you don't see it you can easily ignore it.

                You should post in rant more, and in sex ( do you have access?)
                I like your posts.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Vulcanoid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 am

                Jeff_in_Time wrote:
                Vulcanoid wrote:Yes you can fall in love online, but an online relationship is never going to work.


                I agree on probably not going to work.
                Do you think online it is actually love, or a cyber lust version masking as love?

                I felt in love with a girl from Netherlands, We talk on Skype and so on. Of course, it doesn't feel like real love, but i really like her.
                Love CAN exist online.... Is it going to last? Of course not. I can tell her "I love you" and the next moment I'm fucking some other girl.
                Be good. And if you're not, be good at being bad
                User avatar
                Vulcanoid
                MADness by design
                MADness by design
                 
                Posts: 1284
                Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:30 am
                Location: Númenórë

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby sayuri » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 am

                Jeff_in_Time wrote:
                sayuri wrote:I still stand by what I said previously, but would like to add to it. Everybody has their own preferences, most people prefer being with someone in real life as opposed to online for obvious reasons (i.e cuddling and whatnot). I too agree with Vulcanoid, In saying that real relationships are healthier, but on the other hand if you see each other every second of the day, then the relationship wears, which is where i guess online relationships might work because then you don't see them every second and can cherish that time together.Both, in my opinion have their pro's and cons. :D


                I agree with you, peeps do prefer the one on one real life relationships.
                Bad day, a cyber talk, or phone talk might not cut through the pain as well.
                Yeah, you hit it, the not daily creates a fantasy of more perfection in the minds, is that real, probably not.
                But if you don't see it you can easily ignore it.

                You should post in rant more, and in sex ( do you have access?)
                I like your posts.

                Of course I can XD I can post more :3
                "The fairy poet takes a sheet
                Of moonbeam, silver white;
                His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
                His pen a point of light."
                ~Joyce Kilmer
                User avatar
                sayuri
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 2360
                Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 am
                Location: In the seas of an abyssmal dream

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby JessicaBunny » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 am

                i thought i already answered this, i will say yes and no. it might feel like love at the time but you are probably very lonely and are looking for companionship. . . be careful because lots of women & men take advantage of others need to be attached or have some kind of affection, even online. much easier to lie and try to cheat around. nothing against people who do this and find real lasting love, i find it creepy.
                “The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.”
                User avatar
                JessicaBunny
                Dream Warrior
                Dream Warrior
                 
                Posts: 765
                Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:25 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:37 am

                Vulcanoid wrote:
                Jeff_in_Time wrote:
                Vulcanoid wrote:Yes you can fall in love online, but an online relationship is never going to work.


                I agree on probably not going to work.
                Do you think online it is actually love, or a cyber lust version masking as love?

                I felt in love with a girl from Netherlands, We talk on Skype and so on. Of course, it doesn't feel like real love, but i really like her.
                Love CAN exist online.... Is it going to last? Of course not. I can tell her "I love you" and the next moment I'm fucking some other girl.


                See that last line, is where reality is, but some don't seem to realize that part.
                You can feel the feelings of love, excitement to talk, see images of each other, think about. But for most it ends there.
                If you do not meet up and take it into the real world, it isn't real.
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Jeff_in_Time » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 am

                @ sayuri :D and :hugs:

                JessicaBunny wrote:i thought i already answered this, i will say yes and no. it might feel like love at the time but you are probably very lonely and are looking for companionship. . . be careful because lots of women & men take advantage of others need to be attached or have some kind of affection, even online. much easier to lie and try to cheat around. nothing against people who do this and find real lasting love, i find it creepy.


                First line, definitely.
                People are born users, most at least. So online love makes it that much easier.
                Some peeps are even married already and know they would never leave their partner and still hook up online.
                It is creepy ever heard about that movie, Talhotblond?
                User avatar
                Jeff_in_Time
                J'effing Cool
                J'effing Cool
                 
                Posts: 2417
                Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby Karengonzalez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm

                No....not at all
                Karengonzalez
                Dream Child
                Dream Child
                 
                Posts: 26
                Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby derz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 pm

                I think you can but it takes some dedication to be with someone when it is only an online relationship. If you don't meet up, it makes it very hard and makes you almost completely lonely and empty on the inside. Especially if you have a bad day and really want the person you love to be with you but you know they can't.

                I tried it and it didn't work out.
                Image
                derz
                Dream Seeker
                Dream Seeker
                 
                Posts: 155
                Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:05 pm

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby iEchos » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:18 pm

                In all honesty, the possibility is out there. Because there are certain situations where the relationship is forced to go long distance which involves pursuing it over the internet.
                In example, missionaries who are a part of the LDS church, can only contact their girlfriends via email once a week (They are on a "mission" for 2 years).
                But,
                I think people can fall in love online because you are dealing with your own emotions and your pretty much talking and sharing experiences just online as you would in person.
                The only issue is, is it takes A LOT of dedication and support to maintain an online relationship.
                User avatar
                iEchos
                DM Lurker
                DM Lurker
                 
                Posts: 3
                Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:52 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby hemasanghavi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 am

                well..i dont think so... it may be lust.. infautuation n lot more.. because you see when we talk to a person online.. that person gives us a just a jist of what they are.. and we soon fall into a fantasy like how we read a story and think about characters..
                its lie there are many disadvantages.. i hv few online friends.. i never been one for online love thing.. but one advice for sure.. the opposite person never tells the truth.. may be yes.. but they lie too you.. many times they are just trying a luck to get someone... or just to get into someones pants.. not always though.. be cautious
                hemasanghavi
                Dream Child
                Dream Child
                 
                Posts: 21
                Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 am

                Re: Can you fall in love online?

                Postby MissWong » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:24 am

                I think it would be possible but not advisable.
                " I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
                User avatar
                MissWong
                Ting-Ting
                Ting-Ting
                 
                Posts: 1626
                Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 am

                Previous

                Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice

                Who is online

                Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

                Shared Bottom Border