Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lucid Abilities, what are yours?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Re: Lucid Abilities, what are yours?

Postby luulapants111 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:41 am

I don't really like using my dreams as a video game...I have flown, just because I had never flown in a dream and wanted to try. And I can swim really well, whereas I can't in real life. I can direct the dreams where I want them to go - construct situations I want to observe/figure out, but for the most part, I like to just see where my unconscious needs to take me.
luulapants111
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Kayren » Sat May 07, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't have many lucid dreams, but in the few ones that I had I can:
- teleport myself somewhere else
- make myself invisible
- reconstruct landscapes (first I think about what can or should be what I can't see, for example what is behind a wall etc, then I always change things closer to me until I find myself in a place I constructed myself)
- "fly"(although it is more like floating in the air. I need to push myself off from something and it's not really fast)
- cut myself and use my blood as a poisoned whip

Does anyone sometimes find it hard to use their lucid skills in their dreams? Like I sometimes can't really teleport even if I concentrate a lot. And how can I improve the control of these abilities?
Kayren
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby IISilentEarthII » Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 am

As soon as the dream turns lucid, it's guitar center all day, get to play all the guitars. I'm a guitarist so you can imagine how awesome this is.
IISilentEarthII
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby PurplekittycatKed » Sat May 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I can walk threw walls and other object... and Jump really hight and then glide along for a wile till L land... Also I can wake myself up from a dream if I don't like it... that is for real to it comes in handy when i have nightmares
PurplekittycatKed
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby NicoleFire25 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 pm

I had my first Lucid dream this month. And I was sooo excited about it. While I was still dreaming. And I've had a second one just last night. So far I teleport to where I want to go, and whatever object I find, I decide to change into someone or something. Like my first one, I noticed a ball roll in front of me and when I looked around and realized, Hey I'm dreaming, I lost all control and wondered if I could change the ball, and I changed it into Ian Somerholder. Then I wanted to test it out more, Saying aloud, flower.and as it was manifesting, I said purple. and it changed. I think I was so excited I made myself wake up. Although shortly before, I climbed the side of a building. Last night's, I was hanging around in a line, waiting to get on a plane and it was quiet and boring and depressing, and as soon as I realized again that I was dreaming, I really wanted to go swimming, next I feel the rush of cold water and I'm swimming to a surface and I'm in anime land. Lol. I decided to change these creatures into toys and for pretty anime characters to grow taller. Was reallly something to see :dreams:
NicoleFire25
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby JH9520 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:48 pm

It always seems to happen to me on accident. Smethng in my head sez, hang on? Ths isnt real life! Once that happends I have to test it. It usually starts with a leap of faith of sme kind. I thnk to myself:
If ths is real life theres no way I wld consider jumping of ths cliff! And then I just do it and start flying around as free as a bird! Lol
Other lucid dream abilities include: breathing under water, controlling situations, changing scenes, makin ppl disappear, killing the bad guys with ease, basically trning nitemares upside dwn and getting who ever trys to get me.
I have never shape shifted, I thnk that wld be awesme!
I hav died alot!
I feel pain n my lucid dreams...
Once I jumped of a cliff and died a painful death, I thort it was real life! I cld feel the jagged rocks impale me. When I die the dream changes or I wake up.
Jh9520 xoxx
JH9520
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Theory » Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

there are many things i can do once i become lucid, I usually become lucid through either creating the dream or facing something in the dream that makes me take a leap of faith.
I have:
became a Jedi including a light sabre and the force.
had an title wave coming at me so i created a fire tornado to turn it all to steam
Made giant leaps, i can never fly, but i can jump very far and high.
Became a vampire
Create amazing mazes, such as one i made was a slide structure that had massive slides spanning multiple floors and intricate zigzags as well as many carpet passage ways to get to the top. Felt as if it was never ending.
Create the perfect girl, and sleep with anyone i want to in RL
Face my fears, often i have nightmares that once i confront the fear, i become in control of the dream

Just a few of the cool things i have done, but the possibilities are endless.
Theory
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby ssw777 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 am

If you can't fly try to learn it's fully worth it.(Being joyful for an entire day worth it)
My avatar is a painting by an artist as strange as I. But that makes the world interesting.
ssw777
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Heyokah » Fri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm

In a recent dream, I could "jump" into different characters in the dream...sort of like possessing them!
Heyokah
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Nancydective » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 am

I can now at least turn into a lioness and a she-wolf. I can turn into a wolf, if I in danger of some kind. OR a lioness if there's something younger then I that needs protecting (in this case a lion cub)
I, bann all. Who says I am dead/knows not all/ I'm two gals within Cornwall/the warrior sleeping between Hall and Cavernhole/take on my mighty role. Want to know know what this ^ means? check out www.aatwforummotion.ca
Nancydective
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby GE3000 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:58 pm

The Lucid Abilities is to not abuse them. "Only to create" plz don't take it personnel .... i'm just saying.........
If you are aware, then beware of the dream watchers. Their everywhere.
GE3000
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Syde » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Holy...crap. That email led me here again, lol. Like 2 years later, WHAT EVEN.

Anywho. Uh. Well, apparently whenever I'm in danger in my dreams now, my main character takes over (makes sense; I mean, I did create him, and he IS in my mind) and I suddenly lose any control of myself I'd had previously. So it's kind of win-lose; on one hand I'm saved from dream death, on the other hand I lose my lucid ability...at least, personally.
One flew East, one flew West, one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Koifish, garderekid, Zero, Nicco, Shift, and Blaze rock my fucking....pants. Because they're better than socks. xD We shall rule our own country. And it shall be called EPIC.
Syde
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby anxDENdreams » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 am

Problem solving and controlling the outcome of any given situation. I have never deliberately changed my environment though... Perhaps this is a good thing...I am accepting of most things :cabbagepatch:
I.Feel.The.Power.Inward,Deep;it.scrapes.at.the.marrow;before.I.can.say.its.clotting.my.veins.
anxDENdreams
Dream Child
Dream Child

Location: In.my.own.head.when.I'm.not.eating.In a Panic.Noman'sland.The.decade.long.brainfart

Postby mrcooldrumman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 am

I learned that spinning prolongs my dream. got it from this article: http://socyberty.com/psychology/5-tips- ... id-dreams/. really helped me start lucid dreaming.
mrcooldrumman
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby DeepSleeper44 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm not always able to do that much in a lucid dream

Most of the time, I fly. But it's not really flying in the way you might think. I more float around (Like swimming in the air).

I can usually run very fast and bounce off of walls.

Sometimes, I can control fire- hold it in my hand, throw it, produce it with my hands.

I get really frustrated when I can't change my surroundings though. :x This has happened many times when I've become lucid. I realize I'm dreaming, but when I try to break down walls or make things appear/disappear, nothing happens.
Last edited by DeepSleeper44 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeepSleeper44
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby DeepSleeper44 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:04 pm

mrcooldrumman wrote:I learned that spinning prolongs my dream. got it from this article: http://socyberty.com/psychology/5-tips- ... id-dreams/. really helped me start lucid dreaming.

I heard that too, and it worked the one time I tried it.
I was in a large building with a friend in the dream, and I was aware that I was dreaming. Just as I made that conclusion, things began to get fuzzy- like I was about to wake up- so, I spun around in circles 3-4 times and everything sharpened, and the dream went on much longer. :cabbagepatch:
DeepSleeper44
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby elginangel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:34 am

shapeshift, control people in the dream, fly, pass through things, and run at a high speed :)
elginangel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby pepperjack235 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

I can't really do much I can fly like a bird but I have no wings and I can jump kick like a boss lol
Minecraft is awesome!!!!!! And GG, DS, and PK are awesome + Jeff in time and even though parouisa is sometimes a jerk it wouldn't be the same without em
pepperjack235
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby karizza17 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:27 pm

i love LUCID dream, i think i mastered it hahaha..
lol

anyway i dont know how i manage to learn that, i've been fascinated with my dreams
i learn how to remember them when i was a kid, i learned it without reading any tips
.... i love to control my dreams especially when its goods and bad.

i make my fantasies on my dreams.

fly, climb walls, jump high, be a vampire. hahaha

i guess with pratice on remembering your dream is the key to this. and
put in mind that you're going to enter your dreams again before you sleep.

whenever my i see the surroundings dark or night then i know im dreaming. hahaha

i mastered lucid dream yay! hahaha
karizza17
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TheCatalyst » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 am

I love it when I'm in a Lucid dream; I can literally do ANYTHING but what I'm best and enjoy the most is:

Flying
Teleporting
Telekinesis
Shapeshifting
Changing the world around me by moving things, bringing things in, producing things from my on body e.g.: creating a mountain in the middle of a city for the hell of it.
Enter space
flame throw (literally) from my hands
Become a creature
inventing other people
Most of all: being somewhere remote and lush, and just relaxing there with whatever :D

I had on dream once where I recently had watched a super hero film, and thought "fuck it, ima be a hero today". I created a city surrounded by different areas, I thought up of monsters and villains, and literally spent the whole dream saving the city XD
Best. Dream. Ever!
TheCatalyst
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby swagkingmclean » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 am

i learned how to fly levitate and change dream sequences also i learn how to alter my dreams once i wake up and sleep during sleeping paralysis , summon people and clear thoughts also math problems weird
swagkingmclean
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby rybar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 am

Im still fairly new into the lucid dreaming. Ill begin to realize im dreaming then i will get real euphoric and start floating or flying. sometimes i will just sit down and meditate and start floating way up into the clouds.
Echo
rybar
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby That Girl With The Horse » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

I lucid dream pretty much every night... I don't know why, I don't even try, I've just been doing it since... forever! I could also do anything I want... like fly, shoot fire, water etc etc. I just think and imagine what I want to do and I do it! LOL! :)
...But it doesn't always turn out how I want it to... like once I wanted to throw a giant ball of fire to kill someone but it turned out as a teeny tiny fireball... which did absolutely nothing... hehe!!
Do You
Live To Ride
Or
Ride To Live?
That Girl With The Horse
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aislinn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 pm

I can make anything to happen, anybody to appear in my dream :D When have lucid dreams, I usually start talking to the people in my dream. Ask them questions of all kind. Analyse their words, gestures in my own determined way. Since subconsciousness knows anything, I believe that they can find the solutions of my problems for me. Is that silly? :?
"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh :hugs:
aislinn
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Awesome to join you in here

Postby rcu78 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 pm

rcu78
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby badpuns » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:54 am

So far I've only had one long lasting lucid dream, so all I've been able to do is fly(but it takes a LOT of concentration) and interrogate my dream characters (really interesting if you take a random dream character and ask them their name, because it's not him or her that's saying their name, it's YOU inventing the name). Oh, and I have used telekenesis once.
badpuns
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Juliana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:21 pm

How do you do these things?? Can you learn them!?
Juliana
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby 9xdeath » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:44 pm

nothing other than strength and lower gravity (default setting for my dreams)
9xdeath
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby saltinthesnow » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:54 pm

I can destroy monuments and buildings with one sweep of my finger.
I can fly sometimes but it usually doesn't last long.
I can shoot stuff from my palms to hurt people.
I can make things appear sometimes, but sometimes something totally random appears instead.
I can create and change landscapes.
I can fight really well, although in real life I would never fight ANYONE physically.
I can compose songs that don't exist in full.

And much more, I'm sure, that I'm forgetting.
I have heard that winters cold
Will give way to summer's warmth
Oh no!
Like Salt In The Snow
I am melted and left all alone
On the side of the road...
-TheClassicCrime
saltinthesnow
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby spiritwolf16 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 am

shapeshift, feel severe pain when I wake up...not sure what else....haven't really had a lucid dream in a while :(
"Yesterday was History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. But Today is a Gift. That's why it's called Present."
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby lawilahd » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:09 am

I have had one where I could teleport and change the dream setting characters, as well as one with semi-flight
lawilahd
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BubblesSilverDreamer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 am

My ability is to fly and do crazy martial artz stuff!!!!! Lastly how to get out of my dream and go back in the future!!! :D :)

"Dreaming is the source of the Future"
-- BubblesSilverDreamer
BubblesSilverDreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby InvaderZayna » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:51 am

I've only recently started, and I can't say much more than realizing that I am dreaming.
I hope to accomplish being able to bring people into the dream, and to levitate and be able to twist the dream.
wish me luck, and if anyone has any tips i would love to hear them!!
InvaderZayna
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby spiritwolf16 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 am

yeah...I don't lucid dream very often... oh and just wondering...is daydreaming considered lucid dreaming? like just spacing out in class and everything just seems to fade around you...
"Yesterday was History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. But Today is a Gift. That's why it's called Present."
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby rcsukup » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 am

Most people wake up once the dream becomes lucid because REM sleep is literally borderline with consciousness. the only way i have been able to gain consciousness within a dream is by being reminded of something that indicates that i a dreaming. I have only had a lucid dream a few times and it has always been random. i have been able to manipulate water, use telekinesis, create tornadoes, and alter my surroundings-- turn on and off lights, water facets, open doors.
rcsukup
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby UchihaRising » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Mostly telekinesis, I guess. It's a pretty bad ass form of it. It's more like a smiting type thing. In the form of Telekinesis. I just raise my hand and I can kill something I want, they like have lights flowing out of them and depending on how "powerful" the thing is, I get more insane. For example, I had this continuation of this dream where I went from being nothing but normal to smiting the Devil with not much strain, but I just remember my eyes going black and I just kept laughing like I was evil, and it even pushed me back from the recoil I guess. I've also casually flicked my finger and moved a house as if it were a ball, telekinesis style.

I can make things appear with words. Basically I just say something and it will happen.

DBZ type powers too,crazy superhuman abilities like killing t rexes with my bare hands. Etc.
UchihaRising
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby maggiemay » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 am

I have been lucid dreaming for years. I can do anything breathing under water etc. The only thing that frightens me is trying to wake out of a lucid dream. Sometimes I get bored in the dream and want to wake up but I cant. When I do wake up I feel like waking up from an anesthetic and have to reallly fight to stop myself going back into the dream. Does this happen to anyone else?
maggiemay
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby SparkleDreamer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:03 pm

cool combat moves!!!! :boogie: I remember this lucid dream i had like a month ago and i was beating the crud of of this big monster thing using these 2 steal beams with a sharp point! IT was AWESOME! :excited:
stop animal abuse
SparkleDreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Discerpens » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:16 am

Invisibility, walk through walls, high jumps, strength, hovering and gliding over the ground really fast, and VERY rarely cast magic like fireballs and such. ^_^
Discerpens
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Afroninjer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm

I've been able to become fully mastered at basket ball, turn into video game characters to fight my enemies and successfully drive cars off bridges without dying
Hey, Mr Raaager!
Afroninjer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

i have dreams about summoning elements i also have to be teleconetic kinda like gean from the x-men lol recently i had a dream where i had slits kinda like openings in the palm of my hands and i gave out powerful beans of blue energy not exactly sure what it was but it was driving away an evil sky invader.
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:10 pm

maggiemay wrote:I have been lucid dreaming for years. I can do anything breathing under water etc. The only thing that frightens me is trying to wake out of a lucid dream. Sometimes I get bored in the dream and want to wake up but I cant. When I do wake up I feel like waking up from an anesthetic and have to reallly fight to stop myself going back into the dream. Does this happen to anyone else?

Well ive been having vivid and dawnting dreams for as long as i can remember, i tend to not know im dreaming but as soon as i realize i am i wake up kinda like i cant hold on the reality anymore, but there are time that i dont and i can stay withing the dream and enjoy the dream, but at those times like yoiu when u cant wake up its all in your mind, u have the ability to control and creat anything. i have had the ability for a couple of years to wake myself up, especialy if im having a nightmare. or if im in pain or deep saddness.Also i am groggy too when waking up and not sure where i am sometimes but all i can advice is to take deep and full breaths and recendle what day it is and what your ganna do that day, that kinda of thins it will settle u back yto waking life and ur ture raeality. :wave:
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm

UchihaRising wrote:Mostly telekinesis, I guess. It's a pretty bad ass form of it. It's more like a smiting type thing. In the form of Telekinesis. I just raise my hand and I can kill something I want, they like have lights flowing out of them and depending on how "powerful" the thing is, I get more insane. For example, I had this continuation of this dream where I went from being nothing but normal to smiting the Devil with not much strain, but I just remember my eyes going black and I just kept laughing like I was evil, and it even pushed me back from the recoil I guess. I've also casually flicked my finger and moved a house as if it were a ball, telekinesis style.

I can make things appear with words. Basically I just say something and it will happen.

DBZ type powers too,crazy superhuman abilities like killing t rexes with my bare hands. Etc.

Wow with my telekinesis its just like simple things, it always feels like its a part of my life and i dont give it too much attention. I tend to kill evil things in my dreams like undead things, and or people, ive never been able to manifest things before only as of late. ive been able to vanquish the devil but not fight him. :wave:
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

rcsukup wrote:Most people wake up once the dream becomes lucid because REM sleep is literally borderline with consciousness. the only way i have been able to gain consciousness within a dream is by being reminded of something that indicates that i a dreaming. I have only had a lucid dream a few times and it has always been random. i have been able to manipulate water, use telekinesis, create tornadoes, and alter my surroundings-- turn on and off lights, water facets, open doors.
ive been able to do everything that u just mentioned but when u do these thing where are u what i the situation?
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

InvaderZayna wrote:I've only recently started, and I can't say much more than realizing that I am dreaming.
I hope to accomplish being able to bring people into the dream, and to levitate and be able to twist the dream.
wish me luck, and if anyone has any tips i would love to hear them!!

the things about manifesting or summoning elements or things is to let ur mind go, believe it is real and let urselfgo withing that believe.
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Juliana wrote:How do you do these things?? Can you learn them!?
well u hav to let go of reality, like the rules, the restrictions and limitations, u hav to allow ur midn to be limitless. i have been able to fly on comand but as soon as i feel" oh i cant fly thats impossible i fall to the ground. u have to believe u can do anything and that anythings is possible and u can go anywhere and creat anything.
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BIBI89 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

That Girl With The Horse wrote:I lucid dream pretty much every night... I don't know why, I don't even try, I've just been doing it since... forever! I could also do anything I want... like fly, shoot fire, water etc etc. I just think and imagine what I want to do and I do it! LOL! :)
...But it doesn't always turn out how I want it to... like once I wanted to throw a giant ball of fire to kill someone but it turned out as a teeny tiny fireball... which did absolutely nothing... hehe!!
oh my gosh i totaly know what ur talking about i really hate that happens :dummy"
BIBI89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby metalmaster616@gmail.com » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:12 pm

When I know im dreaming, if I don't like what's going on, I can scream REALLY fuckin loud and everything will go black( I know, psychotic lol). Or I can just do what I want cause I know my dream will have no reprocussions and im invincible. I've had dreams where I've commuted some sort of crime and people were shooting at me, but it did nothing, as I knew none of it was real, so their bullets passed through me as I went about my buisiness and they would dissapear.
metalmaster616@gmail.com
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby metalmaster616@gmail.com » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:27 pm

IISilentEarthII wrote:As soon as the dream turns lucid, it's guitar center all day, get to play all the guitars. I'm a guitarist so you can imagine how awesome this is.

Holy crap I can so relate \m/

Http://Reverbnation.com/Sinphonyofficial
metalmaster616@gmail.com
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TunnelSnake » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Tryptamine Serpentine wrote:Websling [i](Yes; it does feel different than flying, and it's awesome)

So tell me..What was webslinging like? Did you feel like a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?
TunnelSnake
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Lucid Dreams