Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmares within a dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Nightmares within a dream

Postby 9_indigo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:30 am

Hi,

I had this dream a couple of nights ago that seemed to start off in my childhood house, but there were other people living there, and I was there with my parents, visiting for some reason. The thing is, what happened was, this girl in her late teens that lived in the house as well was actually a murderer and she ended up locking us in the basement of the house (which doesn't exist in real life), putting the light off, and she was about to kill us with something or another when I 'woke up' screaming. I thought I'd woken up completely and was lying in my bed as usual, but I looked at my clock and it said it was 8.30am, even though it was completely dark outside, which is a bit impossible at this time of year! I realised all my other clocks were messed up, and I realised I was dreaming, and I think the other dream started again, but I knew what was going to happen, so I tried to stop it all happening, but when I tried to go out the front door, it looked like it had been hacked at with an axe or something and wouldn't budge because it was jammed. And these monster-type things - well, deformed human-like things - kept appearing behind me making loud noises and turning lights off. I don't know how many times this happened before I woke up properly in my room at about 5 in the morning.

What on earth could this be about? It'd be good if anyone had an idea, because I just can't think... :?
9_indigo

Re: Nightmares within a dream

Postby Dreamrogue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Hey... you seem to be venturing into a tough revisiting of your past. I think at some point in every adult's life we are offered the opportunity to understand the darkness of our past in a deeper way, sometimes more than just once or twice, and sometimes very early experiences. It might be that you are beginning to experience feelings in visiting your childhood that cause you to fear and close off, making you resist your own ability to escape, keeping you in a kind of trap where you aren't allowing yourself to deny those scary memories or understandings, but at the same time must prepare yourself to battle or comprehend these monsters with some confidence and faith.
Dreamrogue

Re: Nightmares within a dream

Postby 9_indigo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:06 am

Dreamrogue wrote:Hey... you seem to be venturing into a tough revisiting of your past. I think at some point in every adult's life we are offered the opportunity to understand the darkness of our past in a deeper way, sometimes more than just once or twice, and sometimes very early experiences. It might be that you are beginning to experience feelings in visiting your childhood that cause you to fear and close off, making you resist your own ability to escape, keeping you in a kind of trap where you aren't allowing yourself to deny those scary memories or understandings, but at the same time must prepare yourself to battle or comprehend these monsters with some confidence and faith.

That's an interesting idea... I don't know exactly what part of my past it would be referring to, since I lived in that house for 15 or so years, but maybe if I have another similar dream I'll try and find out, if I can become properly lucid during it. I'll give it some thought, anyways. :D

By the way, over the last week or so, I've been waking up at about 6-7am feeling really waken for some reason, which is completely unlike me; usually getting up before 10am was a bit of a hassle. (I know it sounds awful, but it's true.) Could this have anything to do with the weird dream?
9_indigo

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors