Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

James Whitcomb Riley (Analysis appreciated )

We want to know which celebrities do you dream about. Come on in and see what kind of dreams that other Dream Moods visitors have had with famous actors, actress, models, musicians, and singers.

James Whitcomb Riley (Analysis appreciated )

Postby Ryan B » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 am

I keep having a reoccurring dream (for years now) that my grandmother bought a very old home and upon research we find that the house was built by James Whitcomb Riley. The house had been updated but many of the old scars remained from replacing the old furnaces and stoves etc. Once I discover that the house was indeed his home, every attempt I make from then on (in the dream) is foiled for some reason. For example when I am looking up historical documents about him and the home the pages are either missing or something had been spilled on them making them unreadable, or if I try to google search anything about him or the home (once again in the dream) my internet connection is lost, however if I immediately search for something else the connection is instantly regained. Then as I start to find things out about the house my grandmother seems to get very annoyed and aggravated by me trying to tell her about my findings or avoids me completely.
Here is where it gets weird. Upon waking from this dream I did some research (in real life) about him and his homes. Having never visited either of his homes in Greenfield Indian or in Lockerbie Square in Indianapolis Indiana. I found that very eerily the majority of the architectural details of the house from the dream seem to be a combination of details from both of his home combined into one house in the dream to a T. From the floodplain layout, to the boiler rooms, the wallpaper, and even the landscaping! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE IN MY LIFE, and now very reluctant to actually try and visit them! The creepy thing is I do not remember ever hearing the name James Whitcomb Riley in my life, let alone knew he was an extremely famous poet in his time. What in the world could this possibly mean? I am very creeped out by this (and I don't get creeped out by anything) especially as it is a reoccurring dream I have had for year, and it's always the same dream nothing ever changes in the dream. I have decided to put this experience on here to try and reach out for help. In hopes the dreams will cease. I'm just happy it's not a nightmare kind of dream. Thank you for your help in advance!
Ryan B
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: James Whitcomb Riley (Analysis appreciated )

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Riley is known for rhyming doggerel, children's poems with natural and seasonal allusions. Pleasant, easy, unsophisticated.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Celebrities