Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nancy Reagan

We want to know which celebrities do you dream about. Come on in and see what kind of dreams that other Dream Moods visitors have had with famous actors, actress, models, musicians, and singers.

Nancy Reagan

Postby wokedog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

This dream starts with me meeting my father. It was about a year after he, in reality, passed away. No time to make small talk. "There's someone you have to meet", he said in Norwegian. I sensed that he was exited for me to meet whomever it was, and he led me into a room, which was a study. Everything was very detailed, vivid. It was a study with a big, antique wooden desk with a lamp on it. The wall that was showing between bookstands had a mahogany-looking wainscoting or paneling, the bookcases also a deep wood tone. It was your typical bourgeois study from the early 1900s or so.

I looked at my father and he gestures toward a figure, a lady in a long dress, near one of the bookshelves. He tells me to mind the steps. That part of the floor where she was standing was raised. I had two steps to walk up and while doing so my father said "It's Nancy Reagan". I think this may have felt slightly anticlimactic - I am after all a liberal. Nancy, nonetheless, was very gracious and seemed very kind and intelligent. I just remember how she looked and how it made me feel - but I don't remember any words she may have spoken. That was it.

I'd probably rather have had a conversation with my father beyond the grave, but meeting a former first lady, which seemed very real when I dreamt it, was okay too. My father would have avoided the emotionally charged conversation, that is entirely consistent with how he was. In my late adolescence, he left my mom for another woman and, naturally, this led to a divorce. We never talked about it. Instead we talked about ski-jumping and cars and things like that, although I did develop a good friendship with him as an adult. Typing this, I wonder, could all the wood-tone in the dream somehow be connected to him having been a master carpenter? Also I'd appreciate any other interpretation or comment anyone may have.
wokedog
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nancy Reagan

Postby Dreaming Life » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Did you talk to her about your dad or the divorce? I guess there must be some quality she represents, say her intelligence or compassion or something (depends how you feel about her?), that you felt the need to consult in your dream? Maybe something you feel is missing, or you missed, in your life?
My own dream site: https://www.dreaming.life/
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby wokedog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 am

No, just some small talk very briefly. I remember how I felt but not the actual words exchanged.
We didn’t talk about my parents divorce just as in real life, if you met a celebrity, you wouldn’t talk about your parents divorce. And that’s totally a closed chapter for me. I am very much at peace with that. I probably shouldn’t have brought it up. I only thought it was interesting to meet (in my dream) my father beyond the grave and still any subject of a volatile nature is avoided.

I didn’t feel any way about Nancy Reagan before meeting her in my dream. As in real life, you form an impression of someone by simply meeting someone. Beforehand I had zero opinions and absolutely no interest in Nancy Reagan. I have spent virtually no time thinking about her. I looked her up after the dream. She, like my father, is dead, it turned out, but subconsciously I probably knew that (by seeing a headline after it happen and not given it any thought since). But you might be right about my subconscious making me feel a certain way, and I know you’re right about things missing in my life.
wokedog
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 am

Dreamer pretends to deal with the perfectly reasonable suggesting about association to dream figure from mi, but does not do it, sticking with denial and minimization instead. This is defensive. So, now dreamer can post what she is defensive about. Until then, i have no motivation to think about this dream nor to bother looking at it.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:26 pm

wokedog wrote:"There's someone you have to meet", he said in Norwegian.
The paternal introject is about knowing yourself in truth. Hint here about language is that the European tongue associates with intimacy. This someone to meet is the real you, or perhaps something you have done to distort yourself.
That's where the NR imagery and associations come in. It is your own associations to the historical and entertainment figure that matter, not those projected at you here by intrusive others. This is a disowned part of real self.
Our own associations are patrician, out-of-touch, righteous, dismissive, cold. And they are all besides the point coming from outside of yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Celebrities