Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Possible past life..black magic?

This is the forum to talk about your prophetic dreams, healing dreams, or epic dreams. Such dreams tend to be extremely vivid and stay with you for years to come. Share your experiences here.

Possible past life..black magic?

Postby simpletravel » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:08 am

Background: I am a 22 year old girl. In the past year I have begun meditating with crystals and have noticed and increase in vivid dreams and spiritual discovery I guess you could say. I have had one past life dream before and this dream had a similar feeling. However, this "version" of me was kind of scary and very unlike who I am today so I don't know what to think.

I had a dream that I was a young woman. I was walking down a beautiful nature path with another woman who I knew was into magic (probably a witch). She was showing me her spell book, flipping through the pages, and I told her I was afraid of dark magic, she replied "why?, it isn't bad" and was trying to teach me some spells. Move forward into time and this woman had become my close friend. She was teaching me a ritual and basically my soul was going to trade bodies with another woman by the end. I remember flashing into another body and then looking at what used to be my body (in the dream) and whoever was in my old body was coughing up blood, losing hair, and dying. ( I did not feel fear in my dream) I knew I had just taken another woman's body but I did not know why. Then flash forward in my dream and I am holding the hand of a man. Our hands are raised together, with his in top of mine. My "friend" is wrapping our hands with beads and there are other people walking around with incense, sage, and other things. We are in some type of ceremony ritual and we are being married. I knew in my mind that this man was very powerful and that I had become a very powerful individual too (maybe a witch) and our marriage would make us a very powerful couple. He was in full black armor and I felt a lot of love for him in my dream..we were very passionate and after the ceremony we went on to make love. In my dream I could feel every detail..his tongue, his warmth. And then I woke up.

This dream was strange because, normally, this would have been a nightmare if I had been thinking with my own mind ( I am fearful of the idea of practicing magic..i mainly only use crystals to meditate and have thought about white magic but I am fearful of that too because I don't trust it) So this dream would have been very out of character for who I am today. However, in the dream everything had made sense to me. I knew it was "me" in the dream but it wasn't who i am today. The dream was extremely detailed. I had all 5 senses..which is very rare for me. Usually my dreams are blurry, no hearing, smell, touch, taste..nothing.

In my heart, I feel that this was a past life dream. But it is kind of scary for me to think of that.. I guess I never thought I may have been an evil person in a past life. I was thinking if people get into black magic like that, that their soul is permanently damaged.

What are your thoughts? A past life dream or simply a dream of symbolism?
simpletravel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Possible past life..black magic?

Postby shadowofwind » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 am

My opinion is that these kinds of dreams are rarely if ever of one's own past life, even if there may be imagery in it drawn in part from other people's past lives. One reason I say that, is I have had very vivid first person dream experiences of being other people who are still living. So when I have had the same kind of experience with a dead person, I don't see what makes that person 'me'. To the extent that these experiences are 'real', and not just projections of my person, it does show that we're connected in some deep sense, and extend beyond the present moment in time. Another reason I am skeptical about past life dreams, is other people's descriptions of them typically don't seem very plausible to me as past lives, even when accepting the premise that past lives are real.

In regards to magic, my view is that the spiritual connection between people makes a kind of magic possible, but the magic of incantations is mostly pretend. Almost everything in the 'magic' section of the bookstore is made up, and where its real, it doesn't work in the way people imagine it to. Real magic comes from a quasi-subconscious place, is subtle, and is very difficult to control. I think that people are right to be scared of magic, and I'm not distinguishing between 'white' or 'black' magic. I guess everyone has a little bit of magic in them, and it is good to be comfortable with ourselves and live our lives as who we are. But knowing when to leave something alone is a necessary part of who we are also.
shadowofwind
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Mystic Dreams