Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Epic dream

This is the forum to talk about your prophetic dreams, healing dreams, or epic dreams. Such dreams tend to be extremely vivid and stay with you for years to come. Share your experiences here.

Epic dream

Postby Ayunir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:55 am

I have been reading these forums and analyzed a good portion of the dream (amazing site btw,) but there are a few things I cannot figure out.

1. At the end of the dream, I am attacked by a man in camo and fall into a pit. As I try to free from his grip, one of his other buddies comes and puts a shotgun bullet in my head. I am dead. At that next moment, it is like my dream pauses and rewinds 30 seconds. I am wrestling the guy in the pit, and this time I instinctivly grab his grenade belt, kick the guy to the ground, and jump away as I throw the grenade into the pit. It explodes and I walk away. I cannot figure out what the time loop signifies.

2. Also in that same sequence mentioned in #1, my friend I that had just met 10 mins ago (in the dream) also fell into that pit with me. This took place after the time loop where I grabbed the grenade belt and threw a grenade in the pit. Anyway the new friend was still in that pit, and when the grenade landed next to him he looked at me in the eye for a split second. He had a somber expression, and I acknowledged it. The grenade exploded, vaporizing him and 3 other bad dudes. I felt terrible afterwards, but justified it that we were going to die either way, and this way at least one of us survives. I am not quite sure what that solemn sacrifice stands for, and why he looked me in the face like he did.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Is the rewind loop a sorta form of lucidity? I feel like there has been a couple times in my dreams where I have had a odd kind of semi lucidity. For example there was one last week where I knew that my dad would be very upset if I got in the car without my jacket. I got into the car without my jacket, and my dad says from the front seat "Buddy do you have your jacket?" I looked downwards, no jacket. "I ....", but then in a pop I was wearing a jacket .... "I am wearing a jacket."
Ayunir
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Epic dream

Postby Gus Who » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:24 pm

1.Time loop most likely symbolizes... vision/ knowledge... as a 'whole" is where you get dragged into...

2. ... you took a kill or be killed 'dummy grenade' to the situation at hand... As the Friend gives you the look :whoa: "Dumb-me" for calling you 'Friend' (you just killed a friend silly)

Probably goes to being caught in a bad situation, and making it worse. As a " Jacket " is kept on a grenade (Father saying keep your cool, don't dummy exploded!) :fuming:
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Epic dream

Postby Indigo Veil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:13 am

Ayunir wrote:I have been reading these forums and analyzed a good portion of the dream (amazing site btw,) but there are a few things I cannot figure out.

1. At the end of the dream, I am attacked by a man in camo and fall into a pit. As I try to free from his grip, one of his other buddies comes and puts a shotgun bullet in my head. I am dead. At that next moment, it is like my dream pauses and rewinds 30 seconds. I am wrestling the guy in the pit, and this time I instinctivly grab his grenade belt, kick the guy to the ground, and jump away as I throw the grenade into the pit. It explodes and I walk away. I cannot figure out what the time loop signifies.

2. Also in that same sequence mentioned in #1, my friend I that had just met 10 mins ago (in the dream) also fell into that pit with me. This took place after the time loop where I grabbed the grenade belt and threw a grenade in the pit. Anyway the new friend was still in that pit, and when the grenade landed next to him he looked at me in the eye for a split second. He had a somber expression, and I acknowledged it. The grenade exploded, vaporizing him and 3 other bad dudes. I felt terrible afterwards, but justified it that we were going to die either way, and this way at least one of us survives. I am not quite sure what that solemn sacrifice stands for, and why he looked me in the face like he did.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Is the rewind loop a sorta form of lucidity? I feel like there has been a couple times in my dreams where I have had a odd kind of semi lucidity. For example there was one last week where I knew that my dad would be very upset if I got in the car without my jacket. I got into the car without my jacket, and my dad says from the front seat "Buddy do you have your jacket?" I looked downwards, no jacket. "I ....", but then in a pop I was wearing a jacket .... "I am wearing a jacket."

Time loops are incredibly common in dreams. I don't think they symbolize anything. Time simply flows different in dreams.

Everyone in your dream is you, your friend, and the bad guys, they are all you. All of us have times in our lives when there is something in us which needs to die. Maybe it is the love for someone who doesn't return our love. Maybe it is an ego grown way out of control. Perhaps we have gotten into a string of lies. It could be a gazillion things -- but it has become a monster, a "bad guy" that needs to say goodbye.

Sometimes good and bad things are paired together, like perhaps someone's drunkenness gets paired up with their socializing at the bar with friends. To get clean and sober, they have to stop going to the bar, even though it was a good part of their life. It seems from your dream that in order to kill off your bad guys, you had to let your friend die to. You made a sacrifice for the better good of your overall emotional and spiritual health.
Indigo Veil
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Mystic Dreams