Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Reoccurring Surreal/Symbolic Dream, Please Offer Advise!

This is the forum to talk about your prophetic dreams, healing dreams, or epic dreams. Such dreams tend to be extremely vivid and stay with you for years to come. Share your experiences here.

Reoccurring Surreal/Symbolic Dream, Please Offer Advise!

Postby ExpergionFactor » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 am

I have been having a dream for about three months give or take. It happens maybe once every two weeks on avg, but it's relatively random. I can't find anything connecting the nights I dream it, not even a common factor of friends I see or my general mood. Honestly the dream feels way, way too real, and it unsettles me deeply. The first time I had it even I remember thinking 'Is that going to happen?' because I felt like it connected to my/the future. I think it's extremely symbolic, but neither my guardian (I'm sixteen) nor my friends seem to know how to help figure it out. ( I guess I should go ahead and explain the dream now hah)
So As soon as I had the dream I wrote it out, I had different feelings and kind of understood things in the dream, like that the reason this happened was this etc. As such, I'm copy pasting my original writing out of it because it has a few things like that in it. Here we go

' I stand alone on a cold grass hill. My bare feet slide to anchor themselves on slippery turf, but i don’t look down. (I feel strongly that I am not supposed to look down) All around me, and far below me, are cities. The skyscrapers and Towers are a continuous circle around me, and they lean into a horizon glowing like the sun is on earth. I can't explain the feeling I felt as i saw the red light spilling across their spires and features. It feels cold, but there, and definite at the same time as mournful. It feels like when you look at old ruins, or at something being built. I feel tears dripping down my face. As i watch, Suddenly, the sunlight and the glowing sun in the orange sky is not the sun, but a fire, blazing across the buildings, the skyscrapers and low rise houses. As the fire touches the city, the homes, I think, ‘They will burn away.’ but instead, they freeze crystalline under the flames. The fire turns them to glass. I see the white and gold and red flames blanket all that the world is made of and bend the sky, freezing the cities eternal it its horizon. Even surrounded by the world burning, I feel cold, and something clutched my bare ankle. I know still I am not supposed to look down, so I don't. As the fire nears me, i believe it will do the same to me as it did to the cities around me. But as it touches me, I peel away, not to glass, but to ash, and am devoured by the flames.
I hear a voice below me, and it says, 'You are not the city, the city is not you" I feel like something else says something, but I don't remember what. I woke up out of breath.

So that's it. Idk, it honestly feels bad to me to think about. I have to get ready for school, so I won't be on for a while even if one of ya'll peeps answers. Please give me any advice you can, I will take anything at this point,
ExpergionFactor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Reoccurring Surreal/Symbolic Dream, Please Offer Advise!

Postby Indigo Veil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 am

I call these sort "Apocalyptic Dreams." I've had them too. I had one repeatedly where I was standing on the beach of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, when the water began receding, like they do before a tidal wave, until all I could see was sand. Then, far out on the horizon, a mushroom cloud... I thought to myself, "All this time we thought it would be Russia, but it was China all along." And then I'm hit by a wind so fierce and hot that it burns me totally away except my charred bones.

I think there are two possibilities.

1. We are experiencing a fear of annihilation in our lives. It's probably a fear so great that we've repressed it.

2. Or perhaps we've had a glimpse of a war yet to come.
Indigo Veil
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am

Dear EF and IV,

This reminds me of a song of Bob Dylan's, maybe not a song, just him telling a story. I looked online but cant find it. Anyway, he is telling a shrink about this apocalyptic dream that he had. How he was walking through city streets and everything was empty. No one was anywhere. All the shops were abandoned. Cars in the street with nobody in them. At the end, the doctor says," Don't worry, it is not a dream of the future. I know for sure this will NOT happen." Dylan says, " Doctor, how can you be so sure?" The doctor replies, " I had the same dream and I didn't see YOU anywhere!!!"

Beyond that, when you have recurrent dreams, it usually points to something in your life that you need to address. What this is, I don't get from your dream at this point. If I get more time, I could study it another day and see if I can help.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby operatormike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 am

Dear EF,

ExpergionFactor wrote: I stand alone on a cold grass hill. My bare feet slide to anchor themselves on slippery turf
This is how you feel you are at this point in your life. Alone and cold seems to indicate that you feel you have no close friends or perhaps you have just lost a friend or friends. Grass indicates your spirit. Slippery turf seems to say that you feel your emotional self is not stable or the direction of your life is not clear. Barefoot could be similar to slippery. If you had shoes perhaps you could walk where you choose, but barefoot you are exposed to whatever slips and slides your life direction might take. Not looking down is interesting, maybe it has to do with not wishing to see negativity. Down is a negative direction.

A city is a place full of people, yet you feel alone. The city is burning, yet you feel cold. This tells me that you feel your public life, your interaction with the people in your life is limited. This seems to be the theme. You feel alone without close personal relationships even though you are surrounded by people. The houses burn but do not "burn away" as your thought indicates. Perhaps these people do not leave your life, but become cold (emotionally) towards you. Something clutching your bare ankle might be you feeling helpless to stop what is going on even as you watch it happen.
ExpergionFactor wrote:'You are not the city, the city is not you"
If we extend this idea that the city is a group of friends or some community to which you belong. But you seem to be losing your connection to this community. Then we can interpret this as "You are not them, they are not you." Which is sad, yet there is hope in this message too. These cold people or people who turned on you are now a separate group. You are now free to grow and begin new healthy relationships with others.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you think.
Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Mystic Dreams