Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

dream about my cousin

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

dream about my cousin

Postby LucidDreamBoy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:15 am

i have been having this recurring dream about me and my cousin having sex
these dreams feel so real as if it was really happning but i probly mentaly disturbed
i mean i can feel his touch,i can smell him,i can feel his body against mine i won't go into details
but this is freaking me out because my cousin i am dreaming about is 8 and i am 15 and we're both boys
i so embarressed i 'don't want to sleep because of the dreams but yet i force myself to sleep so i can have them
any ideas on what it means
am i distured mentaly?

your imput would be greatly apreciated
LucidDreamBoy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: dream about my cousin

Postby foreverJung » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 am

recurring dreams can often be the most difficult to interpret. I think sometimes recurring dreams keep recurring because our right brain doesn't know how to express what needs to be said (or our left brain can't make sense of it enough to process it).

If you are truly concerned about your mental state, you should get checked out by a professional.

Only you know if you really have impulses towards your (much) younger cousin. If you do, you need to find a way to make sure they never turn into action because that would be very harmful to both your cousin and yourself.

As far as sleeping, we have to sleep/ dream or else we literally go insane. So making yourself sleep isn't a bad sign or anything. However, you say in your post that you make yourself SO YOU CAN dream about him (the way you phrased it implies that despite your aversion to the dreams you want to dream them anyway) - which implies that you enjoy the dreams, and yes... that could be a concern.

Dreams are dreams. There's nothing illegal about dreams, there are no ethical concerns about dreams (generally speaking). Only actions.

In a general sense, presuming that your dreams do not reflect an actual sexual impulse - your dreams could simply reflect a strong desire for youth and carefreeness again. However, it sounds like you enjoy the dreams in a different way. Psychology is a complex thing, but we are only responsible for our choices/ actions. There are some impulses that we absolutely must ensure never turn into action - in some cases that can't happen alone.

If you're truly worried about it - find professional support.
foreverJung
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating