Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strangled...(almost)

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Strangled...(almost)

Postby Nana95 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:21 am

Hello everyone :)
Yesterday, I dreamed about someone I used to like (a lot), he just appeared like a set of images and seeing that person made me happy and in love like in the past (even though I no longer feel that way IRL, which is odd :nodding: )...
Suddenly I felt invisible hands touching me, caressing my face, it was all dark, I could feel the shapes of the fingers, it was so vivid...
...then suddenly, these hands covered my neck and started to strangle me like crazy without stopping :shock: .
I was half conscious at that time, but that moment felt so real that I couldn't breath properly, my heartbeat started to speed up and I was at the same time confused and in panic :o .
Then I woke up.

PS: I've never dated that person, I just liked him and my feelings faded over time. I'm a heterosexual woman btw.
Your interpretations are welcome :cabbagepatch:
Nana95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strangled...(almost)

Postby mick_e_c » Wed May 29, 2019 4:57 am

When considering dreams, it seems helpful (for me, at least) to take the box of melted crayons approach and attempted to separate the overlapping hues into their respective colors.

Timelines are often important ... that is, your dream is about a past love/like that was not rooted in a relationship (you never dated). As such, it's reasonable to say that he may have known of your attraction for him but wasn't interested in upping the ante, or he did want to have some type of relationship with you but he perceived you were only interested in looking on from afar. In either case, pause and consider the triggers (IRL) that may have recently tapped your subconscious to revive this scenario.

The strangling may be your dream state unveiling a mixed message of confused feelings. That is, you liked him (past) but then moved on (present) and -in your dream- the possible reconciliation for moving on from him can only be attained if he physically harms you. That way, there's a reason for you to have moved on.

Or, the strangling may represent (in your dream) some lingering anger or hurt that you believe you caused him by not carrying your love/like of him to the next level. As such, your dream is hinting that you believe he is quite angry at you ... angry enough to want to harm you, strangle you.

As an afterthought, hands around the neck (choking; strangling) can also be the prelude to rough sex.
-mec
mick_e_c
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strangled...(almost)

Postby Nana95 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:58 pm

mick_e_c wrote:When considering dreams, it seems helpful (for me, at least) to take the box of melted crayons approach and attempted to separate the overlapping hues into their respective colors.

Timelines are often important ... that is, your dream is about a past love/like that was not rooted in a relationship (you never dated). As such, it's reasonable to say that he may have known of your attraction for him but wasn't interested in upping the ante, or he did want to have some type of relationship with you but he perceived you were only interested in looking on from afar. In either case, pause and consider the triggers (IRL) that may have recently tapped your subconscious to revive this scenario.

The strangling may be your dream state unveiling a mixed message of confused feelings. That is, you liked him (past) but then moved on (present) and -in your dream- the possible reconciliation for moving on from him can only be attained if he physically harms you. That way, there's a reason for you to have moved on.

Or, the strangling may represent (in your dream) some lingering anger or hurt that you believe you caused him by not carrying your love/like of him to the next level. As such, your dream is hinting that you believe he is quite angry at you ... angry enough to want to harm you, strangle you.

As an afterthought, hands around the neck (choking; strangling) can also be the prelude to rough sex.
-mec

Thank you mick_e_c (or...mec?)
I'm pretty sure it was one-sided... I confessed to him in person but I expected nothing, I just wanted him to know about my feelings and move on (I wasn't ready to develop any relationship due to some circumstances... in addition to my middle-low self-esteem :lol: ) but it was genuine because... I've never done it before.
It took me some time to admit it and then... I decided to "release myself" for my own good, and I'm happy about that as well as his response and understanding.
Yes, I idealised him and the possible reconciliation (as you said) is that he would hurt me in general (he never did), I just wish him the best that all this world could give.
Kind regards
Nana95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strangled...(almost) ...by Love

Postby Superman1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Boiling it down to basics, this sounds like wanting that love, and it's absence strangles you. You no longer feel that way seems the issue.
Maybe you became half-conscious of it, in your life.

This being the middle dream links your other two and helps solve them.

1: Potential guy
2: What could have been but wasn't
3: The air-crash carcasses - those past are dead yet the dream still alive

And your Dream 1 Part 2 dream of the guy in the purple turtleneck could be warm love protecting you as you felt safe and happy, instead of being strangled. Maybe that was releasing yourself.
But yeh it could relate to communicating what you did to him, and the fear of being hurt. But how that relates to you now.

"Life is like a box of melted crayons, you never know which one ya gonna get."
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating