Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Shedding teeth instead of them falling out?????

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Shedding teeth instead of them falling out?????

Postby Jessiekat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 am

I've literally never had that happen before and I've had plenty of dreams of all my teeth falling out. So it was about my BD again, I felt as if it was morning and he came by idk why I was trying to smoke and when I did so with a random friend he popped up and said bye like this, "see ya, whenever you want." And I think it was before all this my front teeth shed and I had pretty new ones underneath.
Please any help is appreciated! Have also been keeping a dream journal for about a week now!
Jessiekat
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Shedding teeth instead of them falling out?????

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:08 am

That's an interesting combination of metaphors. Shedding one's skin relates to coming of age, growing out of old conditions, while our front teeth point to social status. Combining the metaphors into "shedding teeth," you are leaving old baggage behind and stand face the world with a fresh outlook (morning, new front teeth).

For nonsmokers, smoking usually reflects a compulsive habit. But the key here is the casual nature of the scenario, especially as it ties in with your fresh outlook on life. With that in mind, how your random friend pops up likely indicates a wish fulfillment for a sexual encounter.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Jessiekat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am

I'm sorry I should have used my commas better, I smoke cannabis not tobacco even in the dream, and idk why he stopped by because he never does so unless he is begged to (in real life anyway). But yea. That was an odd one for sure I really had to lay there and remember it too I'm sure it was more put together I just can't recall perfectly.
Jessiekat
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm

As it relates to dream imagery, the key is the casual and evocative nature of having a smoke (whatever the content). All things considered, the scenario points to a sexual invite, whether it is something you have considered--be it a wish or a repressed thought--or something that you've project onto him.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating