Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreams about a sketchy ex

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Dreams about a sketchy ex

Postby LucidLucy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 pm

So I dated this guy for 2 months. I was 17 and he was 22. He made it clear that he wanted a sexual relationship because he's a "very sexual person" but he also made me think that he actually wanted something romantic. We never went the whole nine yards despite his frequent and "subtle hints" but I did do things that I am not proud of and that I didn't really want to do. We finally broke up after he admitted (after 4 days of ignoring me after an argument) that he felt like a pedophile with me because he was taking something away from me (even though that is definitely what he wanted to do). We both said no hard feelings even though there were and I said that I just needed some time to myself. I never talked to him again. No regrets.
8 months later I'm still having dreams about him. Some of them he follows me around or chases me. Some he's just... there watching me with that same smug look he always had on his face. One dream was particularly awful because I had to watch as he had non-consensual sex with a girl around the age I was when we dated. Recently I've had two dreams about him. One he was just in the same room as me and it was fine to just ignore him but the other one was a little more difficult. I dreamed that he texted me, "Heyyyy how's the single life going? :) I just wanted to see what was up. I'll leave you alone as long as you meet me on G**** Rd. tonight, alone." I was so furious and scared and woke up sure that I would see a text from him (thank goodness I didn't).
The main issue is, every time I dream about him, all I want to do is text him and tell him how what he put me through was cruel and terrible and that I wished I'd never met him. Which is a bad idea. He always managed to make me feel like an idiot... I finally deleted his number but I feel like I'm always on edge waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Any advice on how to stop dreaming about my living nightmare?
LucidLucy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating