Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The girl from six islands n.c.

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

The girl from six islands n.c.

Postby Lostdreamer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

For about 10 years now I've had this reacuring dream about a beautiful girl/woman named kaitlyn. Now I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this but I don't usually take much stock from my dreams . However this one is different its not like the other dreams I've had this one is realistic, like I am living another life in these dreams it can seem like only a few hours or there have been ones that take place over years no matter the length of time the dream doesn't deviate. Me and kaitlyn always meet in the same dive bar in my home town we always do she is shy and quite until I convince her to dance and as we dance we exchange knowledge about ourselves and this is the part that gets weird and so far has gone unanswered. I ask her last name and were she is from now when I was younger a song I couldn't understand the words to somehow drowned out her last name when she tried to say it. When this dream started I couldn't recognize the song playing at our first dance now I can its closer by the chain smokers im so sure of this the first time I heard the song while awake I cried a little bit. Now my friend who had shown me the song wrote it off as a weird joke or lie but I really dont care what he or anyone else thinks, this is the song in my dream. she tells me she is from six islands north Carolina (I have looked into a town, city, or region tied to this name but haven't been able to come up with anything I don't know if its a local name for a place or something but would love to know if anyone from n.c. reads this and has heard about this before please let me know) im from new York and have never personally been to north Carolina I've only been as far south as Virginia. Now the dream usually ends after the dance but on occasion it doesn't it goes on and so does our life together we fall in love get married and have children always 3, 2 boys 1 girl the oldest is a son Andrew after my grandfather with my blue eyes and blonde hair he has his mothers nose, our second child my daughter Anya named after kaitlyns mother she has her mothers dark hair olive complection and beautiful emerald eyes the third our last son Justin never older then a toddler in my dreams is a ball full of energy with his strawberry blonde hair and emerald eyes. If the dream makes it this far it ends very strangely in one of 2 ways we will be driving down the road on a hot summer day to get ice cream the entire family me driving and we will come around the bend in the road we always take to get ice cream and my vision starts to faid growing darker and darker until I see nothing I can only hear kaitlyn shouting wake up wake up we need you and ill wake up at that point or I won't my vision won't return I can't move but I can hear kaitlyn saying its ok that she and the kids will love me forever that i can let go that I can sleep for good now that we will see eachother again someday then I can feel the pressure and warmth of her kissing me before I wake up. When I do wake up I have a feeling of loss of saddness, depression ( so bad im currently being treated for it ) , I miss my family I have seemingly never had I remember birthdays, first steps, first words , my wedding anniversary (August 23) I remember our wedding our children being born. I recently started a sleep study at the suggestion of a "dream expert" who believes these dreams maybe a form of sleep paralysis. I don't know what to think I've been dealing with them for the better part of ten years by myself and I just want to know what others think or believe these dreams are or if anyone else has dreams like this
Lostdreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: The girl from six islands n.c.

Postby operatormike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:42 am

Dear Lost,

It feels like Kaitlyn is your anima. Read Carl Jung for exact definition, but she is an image of a perfect female mate for yourself that you build within your emotional self based on experiences with women in your life, starting with your mother. You have built quite a detailed image here. The depth of this imagery is unusual. My feeling on your dream is that it is not a past or future life, in case you were thinking that. It is a safe and wonderful place for your emotional self to dwell. Perhaps your reality was not or is not so wonderful and so, you created this fantasy world in which to dwell, I don't know. Just a thought.

The fact that the dream is recurrent points to some issue in your life that needs to be resolved. Being that it is about having a relationship with a woman, it is logical that is stems from some issue that started with your relationship or lack of relationship to a woman or women. People that have had recurrent dreams find that once they address that issue in their waking life and conscious mind, the dreams stop.

This part
Lostdreamer wrote:my vision starts to faid growing darker and darker until I see nothing I can only hear kaitlyn shouting wake up wake up we need you and ill wake up at that point or I won't my vision won't return I can't move but I can hear kaitlyn saying its ok that she and the kids will love me forever that i can let go that I can sleep for good now that we will see eachother again someday then I can feel the pressure and warmth of her kissing me before I wake up. When I do wake up I have a feeling of loss of saddness, depression
Does sound like a sleep disorder. It could be sleep paralysis or something similar causing you not to be able to wake. It would be good to get help with that. Maybe even a way of getting a better nights sleep may clear this up.

Even so, I believe that the first part of the dream is as I stated above.

I hope this helps you some,

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Projecting our images in space and in time
Yes is the answer
and you know that for sure
Yes is surrender, you got to let it,
you got to let it go---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby operatormike » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 am

Dear Lost,

I thought some more about your dream. I believe that Six Islands, NC is a place that you created, not a real place. It is exotic and romantic; islands in a warmer climate, yet even though you have never travelled that far south, it is accessible and possible for you. A perfect dream place.

At first, I thought the robust detail of your dream was sort of incredible and unusual, but as I began drifting into the land of my emotional unconscious last night (dream land), I recalled a recurrent dream that I used to have when I was a teenager. It took place in the American west; like AZ, NM, NV or southern CA. (I have always lived in Ohio.) It was hot desert like and rocky. I was committed (not married) to a beautiful young lady and we lived in a cave with another young couple. We had motorcycles to get around. We were practiced in a martial art in which we would hit people in pressure points and cause their arms and legs to go numb. We were sort of revolutionaries. The government was evil. We would fight the "bad" government people (and always win). We usually ended up setting children free from some sort of detention. Sometimes we took them home and raised them as our children. It was a long time ago, but I think that I was somewhat lucid in the dreams, that is, I became conscious that it was a dream. I then would enhance the details to my wishes.

These dreams likely stemmed from my feeling compelled and constrained by my parents as well as my longing for a romantic relationship with a woman and a lot of other emotional baggage of mine. I grew out of it.

Just thought some personal insight might help.
What do you think?

Peace,
OM

P.S. Any other Dream Mooders reading this, please feel free to add your 2 cents.
Yes is the answer
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby operatormike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am

Dear Lost,

One more thing. If I am correct that Kaitlyn is your anima, which I feel strongly is true. Then, she is actually a part of your own psyche. So that when you wake, she is still with you in a very real way. You need not mourn your separation. You are not separate!

Please respond if you read these comments. Thanks.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Yes is the answer
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper