Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Visited by a ghost of a beloved

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Visited by a ghost of a beloved

Postby Amalthea » Fri May 04, 2018 9:23 am

love to me.

I was in radiant light and they were in darkened shadows but we were somehow as one at that moment and it felt as if all the sins were washed clean by that joining together in a brief moment. Was this a form of forgiveness?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Visited by a ghost of a beloved

Postby Amalthea » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 am

Anyone have any ideas?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 am

Yes, the harmonious meeting of opposites strikes me as a form of reconciliation.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 am

Hi Dorn.

I felt it might have been so because I felt happy upon waking like something good happened during that dream. In life, he and I were opposites too.

Thanks.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 am

You are like life, glowing and bright and he is like death dark and in the shadows. But, you said in your reply to Dorn you are opposite personalities.
But, opposites always attract the most, there is a danger there that connects opposites.

Whose sins were washed, his or yours? Do you mean cheating sins? Which of you needed to be forgiven? Since you were in light and him in darkness, I would say he needed to forgiveness from you & in your dream you came to terms with what he has done & forgave him.

Do you still talk in real life? Do you miss him?
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sat May 12, 2018 1:42 am

Thanks, Clementine.

I was drawn to the darker side of me in boys I chose to date at that time. The good girl bad boy scenario ran deep with me in those years :)

Mostly his sins, my forgiveness of him. But, no the sin was not infidelity on his part it was of another matter and something I was not willing to look beyond then. I think I may have felt remorse for being unwilling to forgive, or even forget and once that happens you just cannot keep a relationship going. So my fault along with his fault, mine was the minor though.

No, we no longer talk or live in the same part of the world. I do in small ways miss him, I mean I must since I dreamed of him.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby dreamyskies » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

I think the other two dreamers above about covered it but to add, do you honestly feel in your heart all was.. " washed clean" or do you feel you still have some unfinished business with him?

It appears to be a positive dream, as forgiveness is always a good thing for both parties involved.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 am

Amalthea wrote:Thanks, Clementine.

I was drawn to the darker side of me in boys I chose to date at that time. The good girl bad boy scenario ran deep with me in those years :)

Mostly his sins, my forgiveness of him. But, no the sin was not infidelity on his part it was of another matter and something I was not willing to look beyond then. I think I may have felt remorse for being unwilling to forgive, or even forget and once that happens you just cannot keep a relationship going. So my fault along with his fault, mine was the minor though.

No, we no longer talk or live in the same part of the world. I do in small ways miss him, I mean I must since I dreamed of him.

You are welcome. Hope something I said clicked & helped you out. I don't answer too many dreams so I wing it, lol.

I think deep down we all seek danger in some way or another, it is normal to challenge yourself.

If you ever get a chance to reach out to him in whatever capacity, maybe take it, not to start anew in a relationship but maybe to mend the core friendship and then be able to say goodbye with no regrets.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Clementine » Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 am

dreamyskies wrote:I think the other two dreamers above about covered it but to add, do you honestly feel in your heart all was.. " washed clean" or do you feel you still have some unfinished business with him?

It appears to be a positive dream, as forgiveness is always a good thing for both parties involved.

I felt her dream was positive too.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Wed May 16, 2018 11:12 am

dreamyskies wrote:I think the other two dreamers above about covered it but to add, do you honestly feel in your heart all was.. " washed clean" or do you feel you still have some unfinished business with him?

Hi and thank you for answering, dreamyskies

I definitely hold onto some residual anger and resentment with him, so if I was, to be honest not everything is fully forgiven. Would in some way be impossible for me to let go of some of it, it impacted me too much at the time. I felt my dream was positive as well.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Amalthea » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

Clementine wrote:
Amalthea wrote:Thanks, Clementine.

You are welcome. Hope something I said clicked & helped you out. I don't answer too many dreams so I wing it, lol.

I think deep down we all seek danger in some way or another, it is normal to challenge yourself.

If you ever get a chance to reach out to him in whatever capacity, maybe take it, not to start anew in a relationship but maybe to mend the core friendship and then be able to say goodbye with no regrets.

Hi Clementine,

Thank you for returning to my dream. I think each one of you clicked something as you put it for me regarding this particular dream. Maybe, I should try to reach out. I know he returns every summer and every Christmas to see his parents so those would be two chances or I could through mutual FB friends. I removed him years ago after the breakup. I have no love left for him but still some fondness and good memories, along with a few bad memories. I shall see when the opportunity comes my way. Thank you.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby dreamyskies » Fri May 18, 2018 8:06 am

Amalthea wrote:

Hi and thank you for answering, dreamyskies

I definitely hold onto some residual anger and resentment with him, so if I was, to be honest not everything is fully forgiven. Would in some way be impossible for me to let go of some of it, it impacted me too much at the time. I felt my dream was positive as well.

I think we all do with past relationships and exes, nothing to beat yourself up about or dwell on, I am sure the ex-does as well. Just human nature.

You are welcome, continued happy dreaming.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Amalthea » Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Isn't that the truth. I definitely agree with you.

At least since this one dream, I have not had him appear in any of my other dreams, so something has been cleansed. Happy dreaming to you too, dreamyskies.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating