Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Boat on the River

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Boat on the River

Postby knightyknight » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi there! I'm hoping someone can offer me guidance on how to interpret this dream. I see two different meanings but there may be something I am missing.

Quick background info: I have had a crush on this guy for almost three years and it keeps phasing in and out. We go to the same church but we haven't talked to each other in over a year.

On to the dream:

We are both out driving a pontoon boat down a large calm river. There are several houses along the river and we stop at one that is for sale and check it out as if we're buying our first home. We get back to the pontoon boat and start making out and that is when I notice respective wedding bands on our fingers. He unzips the pontoon cover to give us some privacy and then I wake up.

Sometimes I experience deja vu with dreams where I'll dream something and then months later it will happen. I know I'll probably be better off if I ignore the dream and try to get over him as much as possible (just a few more months and I'll be out of here) but given this dream I'm not so sure. Thoughts? Something I'm missing? TIA
knightyknight
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Boat on the River

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

The dream represents ambivalence about moving on from the desirable and detachable ego object.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Boat on the River

Postby Dreaming Life » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Seems like a fairly normal dream for someone who has a crush to me. You are dreaming about undertaking the life journey together basically. Usually these are ‘what if’ type dreams, brought about by your subconscious pondering. It doesn’t have to mean anything will happen or should happen. Definitely not anything to worry about, pretty much everyone has dreams like this from time time throughout their life, depending on who they meet and have a crush on.
My own dream site: https://www.dreaming.life/
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating