Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Did I have 2 separate dreams that correlate?

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Did I have 2 separate dreams that correlate?

Postby basssg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 am

I don't remember the exact details of the dream(s) like conversations and words, and it's more like a constant changing feeling rather than a vivid dream full of images. It starts off with me being in a kitchen/living room of a house that I've never seen before, talking to this girl (let's name her B) from the bar we work at and another 2 guys that I've never seen before, but the atmosphere was friendly anyway, as if I knew them. Maybe they were also colleagues, but in the dreamworld; that's what it felt like. Either way, we're just chatting and drinking and eating some snacks. At a point, I asked B if she wants to go sit down next door and watch a movie in tv. She says yea and on the way out she says something to the guys with quite a straight face. I assume it must have been quite cheeky or provoking, because I remember glancing at them to realise they appeared to have become quite irritable by the looks on their faces. I don't remember the exact exchange of words and how relevant it was to the situation, but that's the gist of it. The next thing I know, we're sitting in quite a small home cinema room, snacking, watching movies and actually snuggling up on each other, and we're weirdly getting along, but it's nothing very sexual at all. In real life she's not really my type and I'm definitely not hers; we don't actually really get along that much and we barely know each other, which I found really weird afterwards when I woke up. As the movie goes on, the room actually gets bigger, while the sun is setting, making it also a bit darker, but the windows are getting bigger too (creepy). Every once in a while I look around to see people walking in and sitting down to watch the movie as well. The first two to walk in are the 2 guys/colleagues from my dream, and from then on, it's just random people walking in, sitting, smoking, generally doing their thing like if they were at home. Every time I looked around there were exponentially more seats and nicer decoration and materials made the room, the type you see on those crib mtv shows. For some reason this part of the dream stuck with me the most, the way the room changes, and is the part I remember most vividly. I felt amazed at first but then also progressively more irritated. I stand up, shake B off gently but firmly, and I assume that I must have gone for a cigarette in the balcony; I vaguely remember one appearing as the room was expanding.
The second part of the dream felt a lot shorter but it stuck to me even more. This one is about a girl I actually knew well from back in college, and I basically loved her and everything about her, and I'm pretty sure it was mutual for a bit. Nothing serious ever came out of it though. What's more, I even bumped into her 2 weeks ago after not having seen her in 4 years and there was still that good connect. In the dream though she was simply walking away ahead of me on the sidewalk, ignoring me calling her name and at a point as she was unlocking the doors to her house, she just looked at me from over her shoulder and just went in.
???
I can't decipher this on my own...someone help please
basssg
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Did I have 2 separate dreams that correlate?

Postby operatormike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am

Dear Bass SG,

A home is your mind. The kitchen indicates some sort of mother instinct or our reaching for maternal comfort. The living room is the main room where in your mind-house, you receive guests. So the part of you that you share publicly. B might represent the waking life girl, and some feeling that you have for her, whether romantic or perhaps you want to be closer friends. But it seems to me this dream girl reflects your anima, your inner feminine counterpart. You have a healthy friendly relationship with her, which is a good sign. The gently but firmly shaking her off shows me that you do not completely accept this aspect of yourself. You choose rather unhealthiness (smoking).

The theory is that if you have a healthy relationship with your anima, you can have healthy relationships with waking life females.

So you flash forward to the former girlfriend. The relationship never became serious. Perhaps something to do with how you gently but firmly shake such feelings off.

I find it interesting that she unlocked the doors to her house and went in. It would seem that you have some unlocking to do yourself.

Hope that this helps a bit.
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So long ago
Was it (in) a dream, was(in)'t just a dream?
I know, yes I know
Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby basssg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Glad to see you caught on to the instrument

Dear Bass SG

I would like to understand, what do you mean by having a healthy anima? And does that have anything to do with unlocking?

Cheers!
basssg
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 am

Dear Bass,

I caught on to some of it. I am sure there is more there for those who are more adept at dream interpretation than I. The anima is an unconscious part of a man that represents his ideal woman. It is a part of himself which he sort of projects onto a woman when he has a relationship with her. He needs to have a healthy relationship with this unconscious part of himself in order to have a healthy relationship with a woman. Sort of have a healthy image of the ideal woman. Our mothers, sisters and other women help to shape our anima, primarily our mother and our relationship with her. This can be wonderful or problematic as you might guess. The mother could be loving and have a balanced relationship with her son. But too loving, as in doting or smothering, might cause a man to hold on unconsciously to her and reject a woman who might have been a mate. The mother could be cruel and selfish, which can cause the male to reject the anima (all women)...the list goes on as you can imagine.

Women have an animus which is an unconscious male image.

Here is Carl Jung on the subject of anima and animus. He is the original author of the concept. You can likely find literature written by others that explains these concepts on a level that is easier to comprehend.http://ww3.haverford.edu/psychology/ddavis/p109g/internal/j_anima.html

So locking and unlocking has to do with opening doors to your unconscious. This image of the former girlfriend being cold and locking a door behind her seems to be some sort of sign that there is a part of yourself that needs to be unlocked.

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
So long ago
Was it (in) a dream, was(in)'t just a dream?
I know, yes I know
Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating