Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

old boyfriend sleeping in my bed, upside down

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

old boyfriend sleeping in my bed, upside down

Postby artofdreaming » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:37 pm

I dreamed that I was working in my old career (massage therapist) in a shack behind the house I was living in my old town (I moved away last summer). My brother was with me in the morning, making sure that I went to work and had a job. Sometime during the day, I ran into an old boyfriend, let's call him Mac. We came back to my house and he spent the night sleeping next to me in my bed (nothing sexual or intimate). At different times I would wake up and think "Is he really here? Is this really happening?", in general feeling happy that he was there, with a small undercurrent of fear that he would disappear. He kept shifting his body until his feet were on my pillow and his head was by my feet.
Early morning, I woke up and noticed I was sick (I have the flu in real life) and needed to blow my nose so I popped up to run to the bathroom. Mac smiled at me and said "I'll be here when you get back" with a very reassuring and confident air, as though he knew my fear and wanted to let me know not to worry. I went to the bathroom and looked out the window at several cats in the yard, were there 3 or 4? I feel like the number is significant but I am not sure, maybe it was just 3 cats.
And then of course, I woke up.

This was a very significant boyfriend in my life 13 years ago, we cared very much for each other but had a difficult time making it work. It feels almost like a twin soul relationship. I know he has a long time girlfriend and I don't hold hope for us to reunite, especially if he is my twin soul, those relationships are difficult and don't last.

I have been single for the last 2 years, which is a long time for me and I wonder if this is pointing to finally moving past whatever has kept me from having a relationship?
artofdreaming
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: old boyfriend sleeping in my bed, upside down

Postby Sheena » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:45 pm

The foot to head sleeping arrangement is standard for togetherness without sex. Or commitment with no passion.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating