Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help!

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Help!

Postby SherRobinson96 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 am

I keep having really similar nightmares about my current boyfriend and I don’t know what they mean or what to do!

They are not recurrent so I am not having the same dream over and over but they have a similar theme in that my current boyfriend looks and seems like my current boyfriend but acts and behaves like my ex. Considering my ex was a complete b****** it is really traumatic to see my current boyfriend who is amazing and wonderful and I love him dearly, acting as he did. :(

In the latest one I am with a group of friends with him and we decide to head back home and we seem to skip to just being at home but it does not look like our house it’s definitely different but I come in to the house to find him sleeping with another woman on the sofa and I just lose it, start screaming, slapping him and crying I’m inconsolable but I’m getting more and more angry and yet I feel like in the dream as hard as I am trying to shout and scream it’s extremely hard to do so and it’s not as loud or angry as I feel. It’s like it’s caught in my throat and I can’t get it out loud enough or quick enough because I’m so angry and upset. The worst part about it is at first he smiles and laughs (which is like my ex boyfriend) and the next minute he’s distraught and nearly in tears and doesn’t know how to deal with it (my current boyfriend - seen as he would NEVER truly do this to me) and then he switches back to my ex’s behaviour and then back again and all the time I’m feeling conflicted because I want to hug and console my current boyfriend but I want to slap the s*** out of him when he’s behaving like my ex. There was a moment in this dream though where I almost realise subconsciously that this is not about my current boyfriend but about my ex because as I’m shouting and crying saying how could you do this instead of saying my current boyfriends name I say my ex’s name. Throughout all of this I trash the house throwing things in frustration and anger and then he disappears completely and I wake up normally crying, flustered and clinging to my boyfriend who has no idea what is going on!

I think that it could be because I never got closure on my relationship with my ex only because he continuously yo-yoed me and told me we were just friends and then tried using me for sex so I cut him off. He was poisonous and there is still so much hatred for him and I don’t think I’ve ever let it out so it’s manifesting itself in my dreams instead I just wish they wouldn’t involve my current boyfriend because it doesn’t do our relationship any good considering I am already quite a paranoid person. :(

I honestly don’t know what to do but I don’t think I wil ever get closure from talking to my ex again because it just wouldn’t happen, us seeing each other again would be a bad idea in that I would physically want to hurt him for what he did to me. I have spoken to my current boyfriend about them so he knows why I am feeling like I am and he understands which, well is just him really :heartpump:

I just wish they would stop and I could get on with my life.
SherRobinson96
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Help!

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Closure is over-rated. Listen to Beethoven, P. Son. #7, Op. 10, no. 3, especially to the end of the last movement, Rondo.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SherRobinson96 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 am

Well I’m going to have a full psychiatric assessment soon anyway as I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder so I think they will help me get to the bottom of it hopefully. I think if I can at least come to terms with why I’m feeling like I am it might help to stop the nightmares happening.
SherRobinson96
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

Sure, you will get very fancy drugs.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SherRobinson96 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 am

Not necessarily, there are lots of different ways of treating it it’s just what works best for the person :)
SherRobinson96
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating