Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Roommates

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Roommates

Postby emeraldfox76 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Hello! Last night I had a dream that my crush and a good friend of mine were my roommates, and we were all single. My crush said in the dream that he was too busy with work and family obligations to want a relationship, and I respected that, so I never told him how I felt about him. My friend said he'd try and help me figure it out, because he deserved to know how I felt, even though it seemed obvious to my friend that I was falling hard for the guy.

We went to bed. The next morning I was waking up and a girl came out of my crush's room wrapped in a sheet. She saw me and came over to me asking for my help finding clothes. It was clear it was just casual sex, she wasn't interested in him otherwise. I helped her and she was really sweet, and as I'm helping I'm noticing that she looks exactly like me, just with short brown hair and glasses. Her mannerisms and voice are exactly like mine. I start feeling a lot of jealousy, but I realize he's not mine and I really have no right to be possessive of him, but I'm so hurt that he slept with someone that wasn't me that after the girl leaves, I start sobbing privately. I call my friend and he says that's a good sign that the girl is so much like me, it means he must be interested in me, even if it's only subconscious.

My crush meets up with us later and he's wearing a purple shirt with red shorts. I jokingly tell him he needs a woman to fix his outfit so he lets me pick him a different shirt and changes in front of me. My friend winks at me. My crush and I then had a private moment and I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. He kissed me back, and I was swooning, but I got the feeling like he still didn't know I was into him. I then woke up for real.

In the waking world, my crush and I have feelings for each other and have kissed a few times, but we aren't dating yet, we wanted to just see where things go. We talk every day and are trying to figure out when we can fit in seeing each other again. Our schedules aren't quite working out the past two months. I'm really curious what this means, if anything! Thanks!
emeraldfox76
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Roommates

Postby Sheena » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Repetition of the phrase "my crush" impresses that dreamer needs this sort of association to confirm own identity. An ego ideal, being crush-oriented or crush-possessing, that is far from being well integrated and whole. Looks like over-determined by need to belong in social cohort.
An example here is 1, who is acting the putz, to become part of a particularly toxic and hateful subgroup here. You will hear from 1 if you start to comprehend or give personal meaning to the dream. Post that and 1 will get you to change your mind. Always be cautious of this fundamental mimetic social aspect of personal desire.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating