Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A long distant Heart Break

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

A long distant Heart Break

Postby rcolli18 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 am

I have had two dreams about my Swedish girlfriend. Just a little information on our relationship, We always found it easy to talk with each other. It lasted 3 years, we took turns visiting each other which were the best times, but it slowed down where our messages between each other started to dwindle. I ended our relationship for the both of us, she said she is not ready for it right now and is apathetic to everyone. This was a problem I tried to give her positivity but It never got through to her. As for me, I became impatient and doubtful of her with her 4 day delays of my texts (happened for months). She is going through a rough time and I want to be there for her, but she cuts me out to "save me the pain". Well it pains me to this day and I still want happiness for her.

Back to the dreams, The common narrative between both dreams is helping my girlfriend to her own home after school. I had these dreams on the last year. of our relationship. We never went to school together so its peculiar, but I am sure it has significant meaning. The first dream started in class together, like a study hall of sorts, I know no one but my girlfriend there. We meet each other right after the bell to go to our cars in the parking lot. Then the marching band breaks out, I lose her in the crowd and begin the search for her. The dream drags on with me trying to find her but I wake up before I do.

The second dream is after school as well, She comes to me and has trouble (she mentioned something at home and she wanted me to come). Somehow we end up on a dam train with a bunch of people I don't know but guess who these people were, the marching band on a train ride to band camp... I lost her on the train when I told her to stay at the back so I could talk with the conductor. She evaporates from my dream plane once more when I return. But my dragged out quest begins again of finding her. Something random popped up out of nowhere, a Deep sea diver suiting up in the middle of a desert. The trip drags on as I end up on a truck with the band supervisor and he promised to help me after I worked with him and 3 others demolishing dry wall at the band camp. I inhale the dust from demoing and I am the only one coughing in the work crew . Then I wake up. :tomato:
rcolli18
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: A long distant Heart Break

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:13 pm

You describe a girl who is depressed. The only dream image presented is a marching band when you find that in her.
Why would a person want another who is depressed? The answer would be along the lines of a parental introject.
This post is more a matter for psychotherapy than for dream interpretation.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby rcolli18 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 pm

You assumed she was always depressed and also I do not think these dreams are solely just about my relationship with her. However did you look at the coughing (a sign of uncertainty of the future), the deep sea diver in the desert (where there is no emotion but depression a lack of emotion; where as an ocean is associated with deep emotions ). Do those symbols tie in to the marching band?
What is Psychotherapy and Why is it relevant with the interpretation of my dream?
I appreciate all your answers and posts.
rcolli18
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Doesn't look like it.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating