Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Cheating dream with lost love, hard to interpret

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Cheating dream with lost love, hard to interpret

Postby MrHighStakes » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:35 am

Background: Became best friends with a buddy's ex-girlfriend after I graduated high school. I always had feelings for her, but throughout college she was too worried to ruin everything by giving me a true shot. After college she and I both met other people and got engaged. She got married first, but then got divorced. I got married, then briefly left my wife for her. It was everything I hoped it would be, but my wife's verbal beatdowns, combined with a mental and emotional breakdown (along with some other factors) lead to me ending things with the friend and going back to my wife. I ended it on very bad terms, and we barely communicated for over 5 years. In that time my first marriage failed and I got divorced. Shortly after things went to hell the friend met another guy, got pregnant and they got married (and remain married to this day). Not long after my divorce she and I started tentatively approaching being on speaking terms again, while I was also going through a tough time in my life. I also met another girl that I developed very strong feelings for. Fast forward to last summer: I openly admit my mistakes in ending everything to the friend, and admit that I may never be able to get over the love I have for her, but I don't want to ruin her marriage. She wants to try and be friends and thinks we can make it work. The girl I am with gives me an ultimatum, and because I feel she deserves a true chance I completely wipe my friend from existence again at everyone's agreement.

Since that time, my girlfriend moves in, but is very self-conscious about my commitment to her despite devoting almost all my time to either my work, my children (from the previous marriage) and her. I actually manage to successfully put the old friend out of my mind, except current gf routinely brings her name up believing I'm still in love with her and she's the one I want to be with. But I truly believe I want to move on. In fact, I bought an engagement ring and am considering proposing in the very near future, possibly as soon as this week. I want to have a life with my gf, but she also pushes me a lot to take our relationship to the next level. I want to, but I do sometimes question if my intentions are mostly my own or partially due to her pressuring me.

Now to the dream.

It's an odd mix of current details along with old ones. I'm attending some classes at a college (I graduated 15 years ago), and afterward I have to go work my job at a hotel I worked at through high school / college in real life. The old friend contacts me and wants me to come to her house. She references her husband being gone, and makes very strong advances to me. She finds out her husband will be gone for the entire night, and asks me to stay with her even though I have to get to work. I text my good friend who works at the same job to see if he can cover for me (he worked there back then and still does today). He can't, sending an all CAPS text about being at some awesome sports game. I decide to skip out on the shift, because I know it's not my primary job (which it wasn't for most of college). I then begin to take some actual control over the dream, willingly thinking about my current relationship and what it would mean if I stayed with this friend. I succumb to her advances, and we get intimate. At some point we stop, and she starts to get dressed. I convince her to take her clothes back off again and we get intimate again. Then the dream ends around this point because my alarm went off.

One other odd detail I remember is there being a pet pig at her house, though I've never had one in my life (I wanted one as a kid) and to the best of my knowledge the friend has never had one either.

I'm curious whether the very random dream about my lost love (which I do not dream about with any frequency) has any tie to my uncertainty whether now is the right time to get engaged. Or maybe it's my suppressed feelings letting themselves be known. Perhaps there is a deeper interpretation I am missing. Any thoughts?
MrHighStakes
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating