Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The Hotel and the Wolf

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

The Hotel and the Wolf

Postby Panserchu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:18 am

Preface:

I usually keep a dream journal on my computer, with a separate folder for dreams about my ex. We broke up some two years ago and every other month I dream of her. At first I thought I was going mad or something. Now I don't really know what to think, I just get up and write whatever I can remember and try to string it together as if it was a story. I tend to get kind of long-winded about it, so I apologize if I come off as pretentious or boring. This is the first time I share this with anyone, in the hopes that someone can give me some insight into this particular dream, what it means, how it all falls together, and what I can do to make it stop, because honestly I find it very unhealthy.

So, without further ado, here it goes:

23/04/17 - 24/04/17

The Hotel and the Wolf

It was a sunny morning. I was in the car with my father and two more people. I can't really remember who those two people were, but I'm fairly certain they were Pedro and MarĂ­a, my half-brother's younger siblings. We'd managed to park the car in a really weird parking spot that wobbled back and forth on the crest of a hill. I took the bags out with great care, I didn't really want the car to wobble off the cliff and explode. One of the bags was particularly difficult to get out, so my dad told me not to worry about it, he gave me some money and told me to go uphill to the hotel and check in. He said they'd be over in a bit after they got all the bags out. He and my other siblings were being very evasive about going up with me, they insisted that I go alone. I was being cranky, as I always was, and suspected something was up with them and this hotel. It was very cold, so I covered my face with my scarf and pulled my hat down as far as it could go and made for the hotel. I was still very suspicious about all this, the hotel, the wobbly parking spot, my companion's evasiveness. I finally entered the reception. It was nice, all made out of sparkly wood. I was still wondering what was up with everything as I made my way to the reception desk when I finally saw her. It was her, definitely her. Even through my covered face she seemed to know who I was and looked rather nervous. She started asking me questions concerning my stay and so. I pulled off my scarf and looked at her, as if asking her what the hell was going on. Was my father in on this? Was she in on this too? Why would they want to torture me so? I didn't want this, I wanted a vacation, not haunting memories of a love that passed. She asked me to come aside with her so we could talk. I was reluctant but also willing. I think by this point I knew it was a dream, I'd woken up several times during the dream before only to fall asleep again in the hopes that I'd find out where the dream was going.

She walked me to a spot back of the reception desk, and started saying things to me. I don't know what things, but she was trying to explain that something had gone awfully wrong and that she never wanted to be away from me. I was incredibly angry at her but I felt like I couldn't blame her or do anything. At some point she got very close to me, and after a bit of doubt, we kissed again for the first time in two years. I was so overwhelmed with emotion I started crying but I couldn't stop kissing her and holding her and telling her that I didn't want her to go away again. I couldn't let her go. I couldn't live without her in my life.

Then I woke up. And in the soft post dream haze I tossed and turned in my bed until I fell asleep again.

The dream had taken on a different shape this time. I was still up the hill in that hotel, I had been staying there for a couple of days now. I was in the room with my siblings and as I got out of my room I got a call. The call came from some pizza delivery place, asking me to confirm an order they'd just dispatched. I explained I'd just woken up and didn't know anything about an order and would like to cancel that. I entered the kitchen and saw two small pizza boxes, with the same pizzas as were described to me through the phone. I was sort of pissed at my siblings for ordering pizza without my permission but they'd left some for me so it was alright. They were playing videogames on the couch, and I went outside to talk with my father.

I woke up again. Tossed again, turned again, fell asleep again.

Again, I was in the hotel, but on a different part of it. I was going up a wooden walkway to a room that was at the very peak of a slender mountain surrounded with clouds. All around me people were cheering, telling me I was doing the right thing, that I had a right to find out what happened. As I was reaching the room, the walkway gave out and I feared I'd fall into the chasm below. But I was rescued by these strange folk, they seemed like brother and sister, one blue, one red. They both wore glasses and could float, and seemed very smart and sciency. They said they were going to help me through this ordeal. I reached the room, opened the door, and went in. It was a classroom, with very few people in it. The two sciency people, the teacher who looked like some sort of villain, and her. She was sitting at attention and beckoning me to go over and sit next to her, and so I did. The teacher started talking, we took our notebooks out and started scribbling, and suddenly everything went weird.

I was inside a cage. There was a werewolf. The werewolf was trying to kill me. It was dark, it was raining, we were in a storm and there was water all around us. Small islands spotted the water, and I jumped from one to the next, trying to escape the wolf. He followed me, thirsting for blood, wanting to very much to murder me. I was trying to claw my way out of the cage but I couldn't, and when the wolf was close to me I had a burst of courage and jumped at it, submerging us both into the waters below. Underwater the wolf's movements were hindered. Where he was fast and deadly before, he was now slow and clumsy. I had a knife, or a dagger, or a small blade. It kept trying to claw at me clumsily in the murky and dark waters. I could barely see anything through the green and rotten filter, but I managed to stab the wolf once, and twice, and again, and again, and again, until the wolf had no more struggle left in it. I killed it. And that's when I woke up.

But not to real life. I woke up back in the classroom I was in before. The teacher explained that I'd just had a hallucination of sorts. There were two small beings next to him. No nose, no mouth, no ears, no clothes, no genitals, nothing. These two beings had round bodies and heads, and the only thing they had were eyes. Big round eyes, no pupils, nothing. Just big neon pink eyes that stared at you. The teacher, who, again, was some sort of villain, explained that the beings were there to keep us under control, and that anyone who looked into their eyes would fall into maddening hallucinations. I looked at her, still sitting by my side, with blank neon pink eyes, and I knew what I had to do to free her. I searched my pocket and there it was, the blade I'd used to kill the wolf. I lunged at the small pink eyed buggers and stabbed them repeatedly. Neon pink blood poured out of their bodies as the villainous teacher stared in horror. He was screaming, saying that I'd ruined everything and that nothing would ever be the same.

I stood up, looked back at her, and saw that it worked. Her big neon pink eyes were getting smaller and less neon pink. She suddenly snapped out of it. She smiled at me. The prettiest smile I'd ever seen in my life. My heart broke.

I woke up again, to a call from my brother which I decided not to answer. I was in my bed, looked at the watch and saw it was around noon. I was very hungry. I still am. It's 1:27 PM as I type this. I have to get dressed and go out to grab something to eat.

/entry
Panserchu
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating