Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream of lost love

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

Dream of lost love

Postby LibertysMom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Hello there, be gentle with me, first time posting in here...

I had a dream that really shook me to the core. I saw a man I had truly fallen in love with. I knew he had feelings too, but he was too proud to be public about it. As an empath, I could feel when he was happy and when he was sad - this was the first time I realized I felt people's feelings. We would laugh big and fight big. There wasn't anything small about how we acted towards each other. Through an illness I had and eventual job change, we parted ways, and I haven't seen him in over two years. He also left the same job.

In the dream, I saw my old boss, a particularly cruel woman. My old job was cast oddly at a playground in the dream. I was forced to wait outside the playground until she told me that I was free to do whatever I wanted. In my waking life, I left the position under circumstances out of my control; she had tried to use my illness that occurred while working against me, trying to have me terminated for it, unsuccessfully. I then saw this man I had feelings for in the dream. He appeared very genuine, and told me that he still loved me and wanted to get back together, that he had made a mistake. His expressions, feelings verbalized, and body language was all consistent with genuine remorse and longing of restoration. We kissed, and I felt happy for the first time in a long time.

I was awakened and was instantly depressed. It felt like the rug had been felt from underneath me. I haven't seen this man in years. I don't know why this arrived to the front of my subconscious. I don't know why I saw this woman who caused me so much stress and heartache. I don't know why my subconscious would dangle something in front of me that I've wanted for so long - true love in a healthy relationship with someone I truly loved - and have it all be an illusion.

Any insight is appreciated.
LibertysMom
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating