Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

We both had negative dreams about a carnival?

Are you dreaming of your crush, your significant other, your spouse, or your ex? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Share your dream experience with others and what advice you have for those who are having such dreams.

We both had negative dreams about a carnival?

Postby Carnival Kitten » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:06 am

This is quite a unique situation to create a unique set of dreams between me and my fiance so I'll give a little background first. I'll call him Jim, to keep it anonymous.

So Jim and I have known each other for about a year and a half, and of that time, we've been together for about 8 months of it. We hit it off from the start and now we're planning on moving in together.The situation is, my mother is EXTREMELY controlling. She's diagnosable narcissist (though she'd never get help because she likes to deceive) and Jim has expressed to me many times he fears she'll retaliate against him for taking me in. He's seen first hand both her facade AND her true self behind closed doors since, even though he's long distance now, he did have the displeasure of meeting her, and we video chat every night to go to bed. My birth giver insults me relentlessly then threatens to kick me out. It seems her end game is kicking me out so I beg for forgiveness and crawl back home and agree to be her Cinderella forever. Hopefully she waits till the end of winter so I don't freeze.

OKAY now to the dreams he and I had.

H
In HIS dream, he came to get me in his truck, after he helped load my things like the sweet gentleman he is, and after all goodbyes were said, we began walking for some strange reason (probably because his license is suspended at the moment and he hasn't driven in some time) and my mother got in a white van and sped in front of us, grabbed me by the back if the neck and took me away. My little sister, who is INCREDIBLY manipulative for an 8 year old child (bless her heart, she's like a daughter to me but it's true) she came up to him and said "I know where Vanessa is" and she led him to a colorful place that he said was like a carnival and she, along with my brother, whom I was having a bit of sourness with at the time for being an utter twat, trapped him and broke his phone, which he was trying to use to contact me the entire dream. At the end he lunged at my brother and woke up from the anger.

When he told me this dream, I immediately wanted to interpret it. There's so much imagery that stood out to him but for the life of me I could not tell you the findings. All I do know is the carnival part I could not understand.

MY dream was a bit shorter. My mother took me and my two younger siblings all to this colorful place similar to the carnival-esque place Jim's dream. In the dream I went home and called him and began getting a bit naughty with him, then my sister came home and almost saw and I woke up from the surprise of that.

I think it's odd he and I both had dreams about a carnival and that they both ended badly and in disappointment and anger. He and I are very similar so maybe our interpretations just happen to coincide?

And yes you siblings are quite bit younger than me because my mother had me at a very young age. Sixteen if I'm not mistaken. She's in her mid 40s now.

Any insight would be great. Thanks all
Carnival Kitten
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: We both had negative dreams about a carnival?

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Appearance of the younger sister is dreamer's own puerile yearnings (to be a child).
Colors are muliple emotions.
Carnival suggests a refusal to be serious.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Carnival Kitten » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

I think my sister's appearance was just because she spends a lot of time around me and regards me as a mother. But also is very conniving
Carnival Kitten
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby artofdreaming » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am

I think the carnival represents the environment that your mother creates. There is a lot of drama, lots of threats (think of watching death-defying stunts and compare that to your mother threatening to kick you out) but at the end of the day, your situation remains the same. The fact that Jim dreamed he was taken to the carnival after you were kidnapped means that even though you are planning to live together, he is afraid (or he is being warned through these symbols) that your mother will create even more drama to keep you from living with him. And a narcissist WILL do something dramatic to keep those she has control over from leaving her.

Jim calling you on his phone literally interprets as him asking for help in his dream.

The little sister seems to be like an accomplice to your mother and also a watchdog.

If you look at things from the outside perspective, a narcissist mother will constantly keep her children's self-esteem low so that they feel weak and can't leave her. She really needs them more than they need her, but they have no idea how important they are, because she makes herself the star of the show, so to speak.

I think the dreams are telling both you and Jim, that if you want to move out, be prepared for a drama that your mother (unconsciously) engineers. Stand firm and be able to walk away from her, it's really not the end of the world if a grown woman moves out of her parent's home. It's a normal part of life. Wishing you well, and success in your life!!
artofdreaming
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 am

Carnival Kitten wrote:I think my sister's appearance was just because she spends a lot of time around me and regards me as a mother. But also is very conniving
A sister is a double. A double is a rival.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dreams About Relationships, Sex, and Cheating