Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Library Terror

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Library Terror

Postby WatchTheSunDie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Dream: ~I was going to this library, the roads were covered in ice, and I was driving a semi-truck down a steep hill which had a curve that turned into the parking lot of "the worlds largest library". After the calamity, arguing with my family where were we gonna park etc we get in there I'm going through the isle just looking around, there's displays and all kinds of things, and a small grill/bar, and a full marine display with all kinds of animals and things, I'm there with my mother, brother and aunt and we're looking around some, then suddenly people are being attacked by giant anacondas. There were several people beside me that were being eaten alive by these snakes, and I looked around and they were everywhere, coming from the rafters in the ceiling, through the ventulation shafts, there was no place for anyone to go where they wouldn't be harmed. The displays were in glass display cases and the snakes were even eating the stuffed pre-historic dogs that were in the case. My mother was attacked by one, my aunt was killed and the whole time I was running with my brother's (whose 14, but he looked around 9) hand and we were dragging my mother away from the anaconda, but it kept coming closer, and closer. Trying to eat her from the feet up, and as we were pulling her there were anaconda's forming a wall behind us. We were all going to be ate alive by these anadcondas. Then I woke up. ~

In all reality I am deathly terrified of snakes, big, small, friendly or not. I hate them, but my dream was really pleasant until the snakes showed up. I love libraries, and the worlds largest? Who wouldn't wanna go!? But for the life of me, I can not under why the snakes showed up. I haven't seen one, or even watched a movie that had giant anacondas in it, and this dream has me terribly confused. I can't put into words just for frightening it was, I woke up swatting things off of me that weren't there. '_' I was in a cold sweat and my pillows, blankets and sheets were nearly ripped off my bed; from what I would was assume me tossing and turning.
Can anyone shed some light in this horid thing I dreamt last night? Some answers would be lovely.
Peace.
Sasha
WatchTheSunDie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Library Terror

Postby silverwolfe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 am

Dear Sasha

You've had a very complex dream and I don't doubt that it would have scared you. I will deal with a couple of the symbols individually so you can see their meanings.

A library has a similar meaning to that of a museum (which is basically what you describe in your dream) these represent the place where our memories are stored. A part of ourselves that we usually only use in an effort to understand who we are or where we came from.

Dreaming of snakes (and being eaten) Snakes have a rather confusing meaning on their own...that you need to go back to basics, and lose sense of space & time. The part of people being devoured by them is to make you aware that you are being attacked by other peoples emotions and fears or are afraid of losing your identity. To dream of snakes in general indicates that there are jealous people around you who would like to see you fail.

To be going downhill is to feel that circumstances are pushing you in a certain direction.

Dreaming of family members is warning you to be cautious in ventures.

So what we are left with is you trying to work out who you are...because you feel you are being pushed a particular direction ( being made to do something ?)(losing your identity ?)....perhaps being pushed this way by other people, or being put under too much emotional pressure by them. It is telling you to be careful in what you do because you are surrounded by ungrateful people who don't want you to succeed.

Summary: you are being pushed too hard, and feel you are losing your own identity. Be cautious, as there are people who would be happy if you failed (sorry, I really hate that bit)

Personally Sasha, I hope I am wrong.....but hope it helps.
silverwolfe
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby WatchTheSunDie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Thank you very much for helping me ^.^
What you said makes alot of sense and explains alot of what caused me to have a dream like that. There have been alot of changes in my life, for one my uncle and his family have been practually living with me for the past week and they're a real emotional drain on anybody. I like my space and quiet, they're space invaders and loud. I'm fairly sure any psychologist would have had him or herself comitted to the local psych ward by the third day. lol.
But what you wrote put a spotlight on the problems in my waking life and let me know what I probably need to change. For that, I thank you. Let's just hope that I don't have another nightmare, I've had many this past week. None have been as bad as the snake one though.
Thank you for the help. :)
Sasha
WatchTheSunDie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby silverwolfe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 pm

WatchTheSunDie wrote:Thank you very much for helping me ^.^
What you said makes alot of sense and explains alot of what caused me to have a dream like that. There have been alot of changes in my life, for one my uncle and his family have been practually living with me for the past week and they're a real emotional drain on anybody. I like my space and quiet, they're space invaders and loud. I'm fairly sure any psychologist would have had him or herself comitted to the local psych ward by the third day. lol.
But what you wrote put a spotlight on the problems in my waking life and let me know what I probably need to change. For that, I thank you. Let's just hope that I don't have another nightmare, I've had many this past week. None have been as bad as the snake one though.
Thank you for the help. :)
Sasha

Glad I could help Sasha....knowing what is causing the dream/nightmare is the first step to getting rid of it. Fingers crossed for you, that there won't be anymore.
Cheers.........
silverwolfe
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors