Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

bats, whales, and shoes?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

bats, whales, and shoes?

Postby jennykbrown » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 am

in my dream me and my family were in a house, being chased by tons of bats. they would turn everything into dust. we were trying to hide from them and they would randomly come through the windows and doors to find us. we escaped by flying over the ocean as i saw a whale with two white stripes going down its back going in the same direction we were going. somehow we ended up in a car and went dress shopping and bought shoes. the whole time we were running from the bats ! haha it was weird . and when i went to put on the shoes i bought, the right one was different from the left one. dreams are so weird! but i was so scared in this dream the whole time ! :yikes
jennykbrown

Re: bats, whales, and shoes?

Postby silverwolfe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm

jennykbrown wrote:in my dream me and my family were in a house, being chased by tons of bats. they would turn everything into dust. we were trying to hide from them and they would randomly come through the windows and doors to find us. we escaped by flying over the ocean as i saw a whale with two white stripes going down its back going in the same direction we were going. somehow we ended up in a car and went dress shopping and bought shoes. the whole time we were running from the bats ! haha it was weird . and when i went to put on the shoes i bought, the right one was different from the left one. dreams are so weird! but i was so scared in this dream the whole time ! :yikes

Hi Jenny

Sometimes we have dreams that are warning us of something yet to come, something unpleasant...so that we can prepare ourselves better.

From your dream, I looked at the following points...

To dream of many bats indicates a death within the family (sorry for saying, but is part of the interpretation)
On the other hand....
To dream of a whale indicated good times to come...Or rebirth, resurrection.
Dreaming of Flying also indicates good news.
The ocean represents consciousness and the awareness of life...knowledge may be obscured by our fear.
...and to recognize that your shoes were different is alerting you to the need to make an adjustment to your attitude on life.

This may be something happening now or is yet to come, so here is how I would interpret your dream...

It would appear that there is a family member who is unwell (or will be). This person will pass...the news should be viewed as good. This dream is preparing you. You need to settle your fears on death and dying so that you can be happy for this person. For want of a better description life is a circle....we are born, we live, we die, we are reborn. It is what makes us what we are.

Hoping I am wrong.............but that should this come to be, hoping it helps
silverwolfe
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors