Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

suicide

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

suicide

Postby Lou-xx » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:18 pm

I had an awful dream where i was at work, it was summer, me and my friend who no longer works at the place were doing a job we dont normally do and two of the other workers walk in one of them says have you heard? i said no what, the friend said oh i no? None od them would tell me and one of the guys and my friends were crying on the floor with there head in their hands, and the other guy said im sorry i cant tell you i dont want to be the one that has to, steve died, he committed suicide, he jumped of the bridge. i woke up at that point crying.

I had had feelings for this guy in the past. I had no idea what it meant, i was so scared i rang him to see if he was okay? and pretended i was just dropping a line.

Please explain this ive looked up
work.
suicide.
crying.
bad news.
friends.
on the a-z but it still makes no sense, what could it mean? should i be worried?

i have had dreams in the past that have come about in the future.

please help me!!
Lou-xx

Re: suicide

Postby Lou-xx » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:50 pm

please write something when you look at this?

i really need a little help?!?
Lou-xx

Postby Trevor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:39 pm

The best approach to a dream is to take it at face value, Lou, which means that at this point in time we can only go on what we are given. This means that Steve means a lot to you as probably do all your close friends. However the dream shows especially that you have quite strong feelings still for Steve and so even though you are no longer together any harm to him will affect you deeply. The dream then refers more to you and your feelings than it does about Steve. How you handle bad news and what you do about it are important in this dream as well as how people draw close to each other when there is bad news. You surely do fear the suicide and the death and that is why you included this dream under nightmares and terrors rather than under relationships; nor have you included it under mystic dreams which would show you really thought it was a prediction.

The dream is then a passion-play about how intense the feelings would be around an important death and even worse where someone has committed suicide, If it helps you you should work through these feelings as if it had really happened and come to terms with it so that if you end up having to cope with the death of someone close you have the skills to handle the emotions. In that way you can use the dream to grow emotionally instead of being a victim of the bad news. So in this way you must look after yourself and ensure you are healthy enough to handle bad news, even though you might be very very sad if something should happen. But then it will not be a terror and a nightmare, but rather a shared experience of sorrow and mourning with others.

Look after yourself and take care. You are obviously a sensitive person who needs to grow a bit stronger; but being sensitive is a good thing and you should be proud that you care so much.
Last edited by Trevor on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor

Postby Lou-xx » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:45 pm

gosh
thanks for the reply
it seems alot clearer now
i understand it all better,
now i just have no idea whether to tell him about this awful dream or not?
would i hurt him?
i do care about him alot, and i would be absolutely devistated if this actually happened!
thanks so much for making this seem clearer!
lou-xx
Lou-xx

Postby Trevor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Lou, suicide is very complex and would result from a lot of very serious inner feelings and hurts. If anyone has these urges and insecurities in them that would make them commit suicide then attempts at putting them off just by telling them a dream won't help. He would need expert counselling. But having said that, I think it would do no harm at all for you to show him more and more that you do care about him. I am sure that one of the causes of suicide is when someone feels that they have to cope with very difficult things all on their own, without being loved or cared for by anyone.

What most of us need is to have is the feeling that even if our goals and aims in life are not reached that there are still people who care about us, regardless of what we have done in life. So go ahead and tell Steve that you care and that you would be frightened if anything happened to him. But I wouldn't recommend telling him about the dream until you are sure that you have both bonded and can share lots of sensitive stuff. Your doubts about telling him already indicate that the time is not yet ripe.
Trevor

Postby interpreter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:16 am

"is my friend going to commit suicide??" The answer: yes, possible. He is in trouble, even he don't want to recognize.
The dream is not the reality but it is a warning for black thoughts.
The cause Lack of love.
interpreter
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby interpreter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 am

Sorry, I don't want to scare you. My "english" is :dummy" . He need more love and more life.
interpreter
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors