Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

One of the few I haven't understood

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

One of the few I haven't understood

Postby Sagechck » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 am

Last night I had a dream where my husband came back from Iraq (he's coming back next week so this has been a reoccuring part of my dreams lately) and came with my family and I to a cabin up north where we would be staying for a family members wedding (I don't know anyone getting married). In the dream it was my grandma's cabin and she had a room that was a shrine to my Uncle who died and had many of his possessions and included his cremated remains (in real life he was buried). When my family left the cabin to go to the wedding we stayed behind to have relations. When we had finished we hung out a while and he invited a friend of his (and his most recent ex) to come and hang out. Being upset I left to go explore the house and found the "shrine" room with my uncles remains. Somehow I ended up spilling the remains ALL over the room and began quickly trying to clean them up. As soon as the ashes hit the ground all sorts of black shadows showed up and tried attacking me. I ran out to the living room to get help from my husband but he refused to help as he was entertaining his guest. Then the sealing tiles and paint on the ceiling began chipping, pealing and moving in the entire house, but most generally wherever I moved to (I began to run between the shrine room and living room). I began to yell for my husband to help me but he still wouldn't. I was completely freaking out and then I woke up.
Sagechck

Re: One of the few I haven't understood

Postby brandr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:25 am

It sounds like you have two fears; the first is performance anxiety. After so long apart that's a reasonable fear that a lot of people would have in this situation, so I wouldn't read too much into that part. The other fear may be that marriage hasn't worked out the way you wanted it to. Most women dream of marrying a man who will always be around to support them, but your husband is away for long periods of time and you have to do everything yourself while he's away. He may be the most wonderful husband in the world, but in your dreams you worry that he'll prefer to spend time with his friend and his ex, while you cry for his help in vain. Either you have genuine worries about your relationship, or this is just your subconscious expressing your nervousness. Since it's not a recurring dream, I (and probably you) would prefer to believe that this is just your subconscious working through things you're nervous about before he gets home. The part that only you can interpret, is what your uncle represented to you. Whether he was a positive or negative influence on your life could add another dimension to all of the emotions above and help you understand the dream.
brandr
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors