Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dark shadow

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dark shadow

Postby Lilsmalls » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:29 am

I keep having this same dream not every night but it comes and goes . In my dream I’ll be laying in my bed in the dark and will start to see and feel this dark shadow over me. The shadow is almost as if it’s a person but I can’t make out what it is. So I start breathing heavily and hyperventilating trying to wake myself up and when it gets almost close to my face is when I’ll finally wake up in a scream. I don’t feel like whatever this is is trying to hurt me but maybes tell me a message or something but I start freaking out before I can even face what it is or figure out wat it wants. I’m not sure if this dreams has something to do with me dealing with the passing of my mom two years ago or if it’s just a bunch of childhood trauma that I have gone through. But it’s just disturbing and I would like to know why I keep having this same dream and only getting up to a certain part of the dream before I wake up. Anyone got any ideas or Theo thoughts on this? :shock: :yikes
Lilsmalls
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dark shadow

Postby Ericac623 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 pm

I have had several shadow man experiences. First being in high school. In all of mine he does want to hurt me. It keeps me awake at night sometimes because I have no idea when he will be back. It's awful. I can't watch movies anything that reference him because I won't sleep. Can't mention or bring him up. It's terrifying.
Ericac623
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dark shadow

Postby dreampharoh » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:18 am

Lilsmalls & Ericac623
There is a part of you yourself among your characteristics that you have to face and acknowledge. this dark shadow figure remains a dark shadow til you acknowledge it. This dark shadow figure is your subconscious making you aware of this characteristic you have not acknowledge. When you continue to run from it and /or ignore it this angers your subconscious. I recommend you somehow find it in you to face this dark shadow ask it "who they are and what do you want". Lucid dreaming may be help there.
dreampharoh
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors