Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone help me interpret this dream?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Can someone help me interpret this dream?

Postby Angelwings » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am

Hello, i just had the most disturbing series of dreams and i'm really upset. I know it's just a dream but it's the first time i've dreamed of something this terrible.
So this is how it began. I'm at home and my father calls me telling me he has murdered my mother. No words can describe what i felt. I stared at nothing for a while and then i started screaming at him hysterically, telling him things like "How could you do this?" "Is this even real? It can't be real." But my father didn't sound upset at all, he said such a horrible thing so casually, it was so scary. I couldn't even cry, i could barely process all of this.

In the next dream, i'm at home again with my mother and my younger sister. I don't know for what reason, but i grabbed a sharp object and cut my sister's Achilles tendon. She cried but i kept doing it. After i did it, i felt excruciating guilt and proceeded to cut my own tendon too but then i woke up.

To provide some background, in real life my parents are divorced. I live with my mother, her husband and my younger sister (half-sister actually) and this is where both dreams take place. My relationship with my parents is smooth, though i've had some misunderstandings with my mother. I usually have pleasant or neutral dreams, i've never dreamed of something so terrible. I'm just really upset right now and i know it must mean something but i have no idea how to interpret such a dream.
Angelwings
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors