Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Fiery hell pit, plane crash? Please interpret

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Fiery hell pit, plane crash? Please interpret

Postby qwem » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am

So a couple of weeks ago I had the weirdest dream and I was hoping someone could try and analyze it for me. I am baffled.

It revolved around a man, who in parts of the dream I was, and in parts I wasn't (hard to explain-like constantly flipping consciousness. BTW he was definitely not me, as I am a girl). He was a teacher (maybe middle school), but he was having problems with the school he worked at, so he went to find a new job in Arizona. The kids he taught loved him so much, though, that about a dozen of them decided to go with him.
Flip to a scene where he and all the kids were driving in a little car on a completely desolate highway in AZ desert in the middle of the night. He pulled over and showed the kids a hole in the desert ground, which was an endless pit of hellfire, and nobody knows what else it contains. After looking at it, they all drove back to the house (they were all living in the same house? idk) and all the kids went inside, but the guy immediately started freaking out and ran out the door, driving back to the pit. When he got there, he was determined to throw himself into it, because he had a sudden revelation that he was meant to die by fire. His parents died in a fiery plane crash and he would be taking a plane in a few days, and was convinced he'd die on the flight. In order to avoid this but still fulfill his supposed destiny of dying by fire, he was gonna kill himself via the hellfire pit. The kids followed him there though and saved him.
They all went home and a bunch of adults showed up to give him magical herbs and enchanted gifts that would heal him and make him feel better, but it turns out they were fake and all adults were out to get him and couldn't be trusted.

I know there's a lot going on, it's one of the most vivid dreams I've had in a while. Just wanted a second opinion. Just a weird dream, or what?
qwem
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Fiery hell pit, plane crash? Please interpret

Postby operatormike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 am

Dear Q,

There's no such thing as just a weird dream. The first thing that came to mind when I read your dream was a sign in the AZ desert that a friend who went to school there told me about: YUMA 15 miles, HELL 5 miles! :rofl:

So let's dig in: You are the man, even though you are a woman. That is, he represents a part of yourself. It would seem that initially he represents an assertive (male), teacher type who is loved/loveable (the kids follow him to AZ) ...but he was having problems, so he goes to AZ. (Of course, your inner problems still exist there.) He later breaks down into a fearful, anxious obsessive fellow. But that is likely the act of you uncovering some deeper emotions. This often happens in dreams. Did anything happen to you that you fear a fiery death/hell/plane crash? These images all seem to be related to each other. You seem to detest something within yourself so much that you would like to destroy it. Some emotional attachment, some bad habit, some negative aspect of yourself. You wish that part of yourself to jump in the fiery pit. Other aspects of yourself, childlike innocence and associated traits, self love, trust would stop you from destroying yourself altogether. (The children saved him.) While you do not totally trust the "adult" aspect of yourself to save you or perhaps these adults represent people outside yourself that you do not trust.

It would seem that you might need to root out the negative part of yourself and rid yourself of it in order to be the ideal you, the loved teacher.

Hope some of this makes sense.
Peace and Happy New Year,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby qwem » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 am

operatormike wrote:Dear Q,

There's no such thing as just a weird dream. The first thing that came to mind when I read your dream was a sign in the AZ desert that a friend who went to school there told me about: YUMA 15 miles, HELL 5 miles! :rofl:

So let's dig in: You are the man, even though you are a woman. That is, he represents a part of yourself. It would seem that initially he represents an assertive (male), teacher type who is loved/loveable (the kids follow him to AZ) ...but he was having problems, so he goes to AZ. (Of course, your inner problems still exist there.) He later breaks down into a fearful, anxious obsessive fellow. But that is likely the act of you uncovering some deeper emotions. This often happens in dreams. Did anything happen to you that you fear a fiery death/hell/plane crash? These images all seem to be related to each other. You seem to detest something within yourself so much that you would like to destroy it. Some emotional attachment, some bad habit, some negative aspect of yourself. You wish that part of yourself to jump in the fiery pit. Other aspects of yourself, childlike innocence and associated traits, self love, trust would stop you from destroying yourself altogether. (The children saved him.) While you do not totally trust the "adult" aspect of yourself to save you or perhaps these adults represent people outside yourself that you do not trust.

It would seem that you might need to root out the negative part of yourself and rid yourself of it in order to be the ideal you, the loved teacher.

Hope some of this makes sense.
Peace and Happy New Year,
Operator Mike

Dude you really hit the nail on the head. I never though about it this way. I'm impressed. In case you think it relevant, I was born in AZ (although I only lived there the first two years of my life). I also just moved to another country a few months ago, and have moved a LOT of times in my life (first time being from AZ-NY, the opposite of the guy in my dream). Could possibly be related to the idea of childhood vs adulthood. I'm not afraid of planes, fire, hell, or anything like that, though. Also, the guy in my dream wasn't an assertive type, I should've specified. He was actually really meek and quiet, timid type.
Anyway, seriously crazy how much you psychoanalyzed me :? :lol:
qwem
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:11 am

Dear Q,

I am happy to help. Dreams are crazy like that. It is really good to hear that I hit the nail on the head. I hate it when I hit my thumb instead! :dummy"

It looks like you hit another nail. He was going NY to AZ the opposite of your childhood experience. Very likely you wanting to go back to your childhood. Probably you want to go back to a more innocent time, a more pure you! Fire purifies, so same idea also. Burn away the bad parts of self to become a more purified self.

This:
qwem wrote:Also, the guy in my dream wasn't an assertive type, I should've specified. He was actually really meek and quiet, timid type.
tells me that the masculine (assertive) part of your female personality is not well developed. Perhaps this is your inner self telling you that is what you need to do for this transformation that you seem to be on the brink of...develop your inner assertive masculine self.

The Dream Dictionary says this:
Man
To see a man in your dream denotes the aspect of yourself that is assertive, rational, aggressive, and/or competitive. Perhaps you need to incorporate these aspects into your own character.

So what country did you move to (if you don't mind sharing).

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper