Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Humiliated by Boyfriend

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Humiliated by Boyfriend

Postby LeoLion » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 am

Hello there. I recently had a nightmare that really freaked me out. I was sitting on the couch to the left of my boyfriend's "cousin" (he didn't represent any of his actual cousins). My boyfriend was sitting in a chair to the right of his "cousin." The cousin put his hand on my thigh and ignored me when I told him to remove it. My boyfriend was silent. I told the cousin again to remove his hand, this time a bit more forcefully. The cousin laughed and told me I was being ridiculous. My boyfriend said nothing, but looked at me as if I were indeed being ridiculous for protesting his cousin's actions. I was starting to panic at this point. I'm not a very strong person, so I can't really fight back much. I finally stood up and started shouting and screaming and swearing at the cousin. He looked at me like I was insane, but he laughed and conceded. He seemed amused by my behavior. My boyfriend still said nothing, but grabbed my wrist and rushed me out of the room. He looked mortified by my behavior. I felt extremely betrayed and upset that he had done nothing. We got into the car and went to pick up a few "friends" (again, didn't represent actual friends) of his. We went to the movie theater. It gets a bit tricky to explain details here because of dream mechanics, but I'll explain my best. There was a display at the entrance of the movie theater that acted as a door. The display was vulgar and degrading, especially with the whole thing that has just happened with the "cousin." There were other doors and the group was heading towards those. At the last minute my boyfriend throws me throw the degrading display (I can't explain how it was degrading, it just was). My boyfriend remains silent (he never makes a sound throughout the whole dream) while his friends lost it and started laughing and shouting jabs at me, making fun of me about the thing with the "cousin." The dream left me feeling extremely panicked and betrayed and humiliated.

Now, let me say this: my boyfriend is amazing and more than I could ever ask for. We've been together for nearly a year now and he has been nothing but respectful of me. The version of him in the dream was nothing like him aside from looking like him.

I'm very confused by this dream and like I said, it freaked me out.
LeoLion
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Humiliated by Boyfriend

Postby TenderLC » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:10 am

LeoLion,
I think your dream is about you testing your own tolerance in that the "cousin" is likely one half of your BF but he is the part that is opposite to his behavior. The cousin does things that Break your rules, but allows you to test the waters to see what and how you feel about the activity. Like dreaming about a "What-if." it progresses there on to present to you how things might go in the public view of the conflict. It's not okay if the cousin does that, but is it okay if your BF tries that? You made the dream, so you are checking what you see others have to say about the situation against your own views to it.

Does this make any sense to you? I hope this helps. Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors